The Student Room Group

Dress code for Apple Interview? IMPORTANT

So this is not a retail vacancy; it's for one of their analytical positions. I noticed no one in their office wear suits, so what am I ideally supposed to wear?

Pics would be nice...

I'm a guy :biggrin:

Anon plz or delete

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Tell them you're ready to continue his legacy.
your clothes dot matter if you have a great degree from a good university, preferably computer science, Ph.D., or masters. you could go naked and they wouldn't care(sarcasm)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
your clothes dot matter if you have a great degree from a good university, preferably computer science, Ph.D., or masters. you could go naked and they wouldn't care(sarcasm)

Original post by oShahpo

Tell them you're ready to continue his legacy.

pls lads my interview is tomorrow MORNING. I need some pics on what I should buy. And I aint going to look like a freakin turtle
Reply 4
pls lads my interview is tomorrow MORNING. I need some pics on what I should buy. And I aint going to look like a freakin turtle

Something like this maybe?
Reply 5

You do know who that is, right?
http://gizmodo.com/5830132/the-evolution-of-steve-jobs-clothing/

Just go with a collared shirt or polo shirt with slim trousers.

You don't need a suit or a tie. But equally I'd say jeans & t-shirt are a bit too casual for an interview.
Reply 6
Original post by oShahpo
Something like this maybe?

Sorry... but i need to know the shoes and belt and the sort of trousers as well! Also its hot so i wont wear a sweater. But some people have told go in there in a black jacket... BUT IDK???

Original post by LDS16
A shirt tucked into black trousers (jeans style but not faded) is a smart but casual look, I wear that for my interviews and it makes a good impression

Pics of shoes?

Original post by jneill
You do know who that is, right?
http://gizmodo.com/5830132/the-evolution-of-steve-jobs-clothing/

Just go with a collared shirt or polo shirt with slim trousers.

You don't need a suit or a tie. But equally I'd say jeans & t-shirt are a bit too casual for an interview.

I know Steve jobs lol

Collared shirt tucked or untucked?

And pics of shoes i need to wear? And belt? :tongue:

I'm ussually not like this... but this is a fantastic job so I'm a bit out of my comfort zone
ok, real talk now. go buy a sweater or shirt, and some black trousers, and some black canvas shoes, .above the sweater or shirt definitely wear a gilet. for males

Reply 8
Sorry... but i need to know the shoes and belt and the sort of trousers as well! Also its hot so i wont wear a sweater. But some people have told go in there in a black jacket... BUT IDK???

Pics of shoes?

I know Steve jobs lol

Collared shirt tucked or untucked?

And pics of shoes i need to wear? And belt? :tongue:

I'm ussually not like this... but this is a fantastic job so I'm a bit out of my comfort zone

If you really want to be prescriptive:
* smart leather shoes
* shirt tucked in, top open to first button.
* belt to match shoes

(By the way, NONE of this actually matters. They are looking for good coders, not fashion gurus. Apple is a very relaxed company regarding dress code.)

PS. Here's a free tip. Don't refer to Steve as a turtle at interview... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jneill
If you really want to be prescriptive:
* smart leather shoes
* shirt tucked in, top open to first button.
* belt to match shoes

(By the way, NONE of this actually matters. They are looking for good coders, not fashion gurus. Apple is a very relaxed company regarding dress code.)

PS. Here's a free tip. Don't refer to Steve as a turtle at interview... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you might think lightly of me but I'm coming through with top references (one of them is a partner in a PE firm). I am pretty good at what i do! I need your validatioN!!!!!

and When you say leather shoes, do you mean those shoes with laces that you generally wear with a suit? Also i thought i let you know I shaved by beard and stache
this is good to hear i have black shoes just like this :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I would rep but cant blow my cover sorry m8!
apple.jpg
Reply 12
I know you might think lightly of me but I'm coming through with top references (one of them is a partner in a PE firm). I am pretty good at what i do! I need your validatioN!!!!!

and When you say leather shoes, do you mean those shoes with laces that you generally wear with a suit? Also i thought i let you know I shaved by beard and stache

The ones previously posted above are perfect. Laces are better than slip-on.

You don't need my validation. And I don't think lightly of you at all. I really can understand it's important and a good opportunity for you.

But focus on your skills and coding. Not so much on footwear :wink:

Good luck!
A good rule of thumb is always to dress for the position above the one you're applying for. It is better to be too smart than too casual.

This is really poor advice. If the office attire is a suit, you go in a sharp suit that has been dry cleaned with an ironed shirt and well tied tie.

My brother used to be a section manager for Sainsburys. He hiring credentials were:

Wears a suit - automatic job unless they really botch the interview
Wears trousers and tie - has to really shine in the interview to get the job
Anything more informal - no chance

For Apple, their brand is everything. By arriving in a suit, that first impression is saying you are taking them and the job they have to offer really seriously. Even if they insist you dress down for your day-to-day job, first impressions count and you generally have about 5 seconds to make that first impression. A natural smile helps too.

Good luck to the OP!
Reply 16
xxx
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
So this is not a retail vacancy; it's for one of their analytical positions.

How did it go?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good shout on the gilet front! I honestly think puffy vests look great over a shirt and tie, it's an easy look to pull off and looks awesome. It also shows that you're cool with trying different things.
Original post by Doonesbury
How did it go?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyyy! It went well omg.

I cant believe how poorly I conducted myself in this thread :biggrin:

Funny interview questions; answered two of them correctly. The other one was me mumbling and going all over the place but I still gotta a pass.

Now I'm a business analyst at Apple. Life is good :smile:

Thanks for your wishes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending