The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ash92:)
[video]https://youtu.be/37cf_p75eM4[/video]

May Allah ta'ala make us of those who combine istighfaar and tawbah, and turn away from sin from the very first step

Ameen.
Syria civil war: Air strikes hit Aleppo hospitals

Four hospitals and a local blood bank in the battered city have been hit by air strikes in the past 24 hours.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/syria-civil-war-airstrikes-hit-aleppo-hospitals-160724090834185.html

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

The evil of Assad, Khameini and Putin, seems to know no limits. May Allah humiliate them in this world and the next.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 802
Salaam alaykum, how're you all, what's new?
Original post by Tpos

Wa'alaykumasalaam, doing good alhamdulillah, you?
"Deeds are (considered and rewarded) by their intentions, and each person will be rewarded according to his intention." This is the measuring scale for the deeds from the inside.
“Whoever invents something in this religion which is not a part of it, it is rejected.” This is the measuring scale for the deeds from the outside. (Ibn Rajab)
Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s - in Nahjul Balagha - Part of a letter to Uthman ibn Hunayf

"Get away from me, O world. Your rein is on your own shoulders as I have released myself from your claws, removed myself of your snares and avoided walking into your slippery places. Where are those whom you have deceived by your jokes? Where are those communities whom you have enticed with your embellishments? They are all confined to graves and hidden in burial places.

By Allah, if you had been a visible personality and a body capable of feeling, I would have awarded you the penalties fixed by Allah because of the people whom you received through desires and the communities whom you threw into destruction and the rulers whom you consigned to ruin and drove to places of distress after which there is neither going nor returning. Indeed whoever stepped on your slippery place slipped, whoever rode your waves was drowned, and whoever evaded your snares received inward support. He who keeps himself safe from you does not worry even though his affairs may be straitened and the world to him is like a day which is near expiring."

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings/letter-45-uthman-ibn-hunayf-al-ansari
Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin”

[an-Nisa’ 4:135].

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

In this verse, Allah, may He be glorified, commands us to stand out firmly for justice, which is equity. This is a command to be just towards everyone, whether he is an enemy or a friend. End quote from ar-Risaalah at-Tabookiyyah, p. 31

And Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety”

[al-Maa’idah 5:8].

As-Sa‘di (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

As you would give testimony in favor of your friend, then give testimony against him; as you would give testimony against your enemy, then give testimony in his favour, even if he is a disbeliever or innovator, for it is obligatory to be just towards him.

End quote from Tafseer as-Sa‘di, p. 224

Snippet from an islamq(.info) fatwa.
Original post by Tpos

Walaykumsalam dear sister, how are you?

I'm planning to read all 39 volumes of Tarikh At Tabari inshAllah, which to some is a rather crazy pursuit, but i love history.
Reply 808
:wavey: Assalamu' Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh, I hope everyone is doing well! :gthumb:

Hassan ibn Thabit and His Poet When He Embraced Islam..
(edited 7 years ago)
Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

@kyoti Welcome back :smile:
“Religion is in its entirety good character, so the one who exceeds you in character, has exceeded you in religion.”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
Original post by Tpos

Original post by kyoti
:wavey: Assalamu' Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh, I hope everyone is doing well! :gthumb:

Wasalam.

Great Alhamdulilah.
Hope both of you are well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tpos

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah. Alhamdulillah I'm great how are you? :smile:
Reply 813
Original post by ash92:)
[video]https://youtu.be/37cf_p75eM4[/video]

May Allah ta'ala make us of those who combine istighfaar and tawbah, and turn away from sin from the very first step

Ameen.

Original post by IdeasForLife
Syria civil war: Air strikes hit Aleppo hospitals

Four hospitals and a local blood bank in the battered city have been hit by air strikes in the past 24 hours.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/syria-civil-war-airstrikes-hit-aleppo-hospitals-160724090834185.html

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

The evil of Assad, Khameini and Putin, seems to know no limits. May Allah humiliate them in this world and the next.

Spoiler

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj'un :frown:

Ya Allah have mercy on them and the rest of the ummah. Ameen.

Original post by Tpos

Original post by kyoti

Hassan ibn Thabit and His Poet When He Embraced Islam..

Wa'alaikum Assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh :smile:

Alhamdulillah good. How are you?
Reply 814
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam, doing good alhamdulillah, you?

Original post by Tawheed
Walaykumsalam dear sister, how are you?

I'm planning to read all 39 volumes of Tarikh At Tabari inshAllah, which to some is a rather crazy pursuit, but i love history.

That does sound like an arduous task.

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.

Great Alhamdulilah.
Hope both of you are well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Inve
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah. Alhamdulillah I'm great how are you? :smile:

Original post by h333

Wa'alaikum Assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh :smile:

Alhamdulillah good. How are you?

Alhamdulillah, I'm well. I graduated this week, so, officially no longer a student o.O (although my uni card does last until sept lol)
Glad to hear you're all good :smile:

My notifications still aren't working properly :/
(edited 7 years ago)
AHHH , too much on the news and I'm really not feeling it anymore. Who new the world was so depressing.

Anyone know an organisation that I could raise money for that actually stick to their word?
Reply 816
Original post by CorpusLuteum
AHHH , too much on the news and I'm really not feeling it anymore. Who new the world was so depressing.

Anyone know an organisation that I could raise money for that actually stick to their word?

Ummah welfare trust is one that a lot of people seem to use.

Switch off from the news for a while, it'll be good for you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Help the Hydeman UK - every penny goes towards panda conservation, we promise.

Donate today. :borat:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
Help the Hydeman UK - every penny goes towards panda conservation, we promise.

Donate today. :borat:

Spoiler

Ahahaha, thanks man! This one seems pretty good.

Original post by Tpos
Ummah welfare trust is one that a lot of people seem to use.

Switch off from the news for a while, it'll be good for you.

Hmm, never heard of that one. Thanks!!
Yeah, only it's everywhere I go though.
Reply 819
Ahahaha, thanks man! This one seems pretty good.

Hmm, never heard of that one. Thanks!!
Yeah, only it's everywhere I go though.

Everywhere in real life? or just online? Try to avoid spending too long talking about issues IRL. Online, just stop reading such stuff, scroll past them, mute, block, whatever works.

Latest

Trending

Trending