The Student Room Group

Would you forgive me if I was your girlfriend ?

I've made a big big mistake that I think will ruin my long term relationship (6 years) I've never ever looked at another man I love my boyfriend to bits. I went away with my friend and we went on a night out some guys were chatting to us and we left. We got extremely lost trying to find our hotel and bumped into one of the boys who showed us the way. By this point it was about 5am we had a triple room (3 single beds) my friend said this boy could stay. I know I should have kicked up a fuss but didn't he knew I had a boyfriend as I made a point of talking about my boyfriend lots. I text my boyfriend that night and said what had happened and I also called him in the morning and explained this boy had slept in the spare bed. When I got back to England he messaged me and asked if we got home ok etc I replied and we had a chat about what sightseeing we did etc and that was it we didn't speak again. My boyfriend asked if we messaged I said yes and I showed him my phone and said he can read whatever he wanted. He's very angry at me and said he wants to break up with me. I can't stop crying I feel like q horrible person I would never ever ever cheat or do anything to hurt my boyfriend. I realise it was stupid not kicking up a fuss about him staying and stupid to message him back I thought I had made a friend and that my boyfriend would be fine with it I've hidden nothing from him. I feel such an awful person and really don't know what to do.*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So, all you did with this boy was talk? And he slept in a bed on his own with you and your friend both in separate beds? That all? I don't see anything wrong with that. If your boyfriend does, I think he might be overly jealous.
I fail to see your error :s-smilie:
Reply 3
As said above, that's a massive overreaction if you just slept in the same room. You did nothing wrong, he needs to work on his jealousy/overprotectiveness.
You BF is over reacting. Give him some space and see what he is like in a few days. You haven't done anything wrong and you aren't a awful person. As far as I can see you have acted correctly and told him everything as it happened.
yh if my gf slept with another guy in her room she's gone lol.

doesn't matter if you did anything or not.
Original post by YouAreGhey
yh if my gf slept with another guy in her room she's gone lol.

doesn't matter if you did anything or not.

I hope you're trolling...else you really don't deserve a girlfriend.
If you was beauts.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I've made a big big mistake that I think will ruin my long term relationship (6 years) I've never ever looked at another man I love my boyfriend to bits. I went away with my friend and we went on a night out some guys were chatting to us and we left. We got extremely lost trying to find our hotel and bumped into one of the boys who showed us the way. By this point it was about 5am we had a triple room (3 single beds) my friend said this boy could stay. I know I should have kicked up a fuss but didn't he knew I had a boyfriend as I made a point of talking about my boyfriend lots. I text my boyfriend that night and said what had happened and I also called him in the morning and explained this boy had slept in the spare bed. When I got back to England he messaged me and asked if we got home ok etc I replied and we had a chat about what sightseeing we did etc and that was it we didn't speak again. My boyfriend asked if we messaged I said yes and I showed him my phone and said he can read whatever he wanted. He's very angry at me and said he wants to break up with me. I can't stop crying I feel like q horrible person I would never ever ever cheat or do anything to hurt my boyfriend. I realise it was stupid not kicking up a fuss about him staying and stupid to message him back I thought I had made a friend and that my boyfriend would be fine with it I've hidden nothing from him. I feel such an awful person and really don't know what to do.*

I think it's obvious that something more than, 'nothing happened', from the tone of your voice. Or your message i mean?!?
Why don't you tell us what actually happened?
Original post by Abeille14
I hope you're trolling...else you really don't deserve a girlfriend.

don't deserve a girlfriend? lolwat

everyone has their own boundaries, I wouldn't accept my girlfriend sleeping in a room with another man but thats just me.
Thank you guys. I feel so bad and like crying I wish I hadn't gone on holiday. He said he's angry I didn't tell him as soon as this boy messaged me I said I didn't even think to because if was platonic and k was going to show him ib person. He then said in a liar he said how long were the sentences I couldn't even remember I said a couple of words then one message k said thank you for helping us to find the hotel hope we didn't put you at an inconvenience and he said that's more than a few words your a liar etc etc. I've told him everything nothing happened I love my boyfriend to bits I have never looked at another guy and I'm so hurt that he thinks I have done something*
Original post by john2054
I think it's obvious that something more than, 'nothing happened', from the tone of your voice. Or your message i mean?!?

what do you mean tone of my voice online? In the most non rude way why would I post and lie to strangers. I can categorically hand on heart say nothing at all happened My friend slept in bed near to him and me in furtherat
Original post by YouAreGhey
don't deserve a girlfriend? lolwat

everyone has their own boundaries, I wouldn't accept my girlfriend sleeping in a room with another man but thats just me.

Guys on here would watch their gf shag another guy and say she's not harming anyone.
No reasonable person would be annoyed that a boy was simply sleeping in the same room as their gf. (I could understand if it was the same bed, but not just the same room) Surely there's more to the story? Did anything happen before?
what do you mean tone of my voice online? In the most non rude way why would I post and lie to strangers. I can categorically hand on heart say nothing at all happened My friend slept in bed near to him and me in furtherat

You need a better boyfriend to be honest, he sounds like a paranoid freak.

If i was your boyfriend i wouldn't think there was anything to forgive you did nothing wrong. You were honest with him and your friend was the one who invited him not you and you showed your bf your texts which were harmless. Just give him space think he feels a bit insecure but if he trusts you he will come back.
You didnt do anything wrong there. It sounds like your bf doesnt trust you and thats not good in a relationship!
I think he needs to realize that you love him and no one else. Hes a bit insecure for someone whos been in a long term relationship. I would have a chat with him and prove to him that you love him and no one else. You shouldnt have to do that but he is being immature here.
To answer your question: Theres nothing to be forgiven for. But i would forgive you seeing as you didnt actuallh do anything bad.
This is his problem and he needs to deal with it. If he dumps you over this, you deserve someone better tbh. He shouldnt be this angry over this!
What the..?! This sounds sooo immature, if you hadnt been in a relationship for 6 years i would guess he was about 16!
It's all about trust, if he cant trust you after 6 years something isnt right.
As far as I'm concerned, you wouldn't need to apologise for anything in the first place. The fact that you told him everything that happened clearly shows that you're being honest with him and he's being the idiot for not trusting you.

Latest

Trending

Trending