The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gora The Xplorer
anyone got pikachu? :ninja:

Yh i found one near shoreditch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColossalAtom
I went out for the first time today since I downloaded Pokemon Go. I was going with my dad to Sainsbury's for grocery shopping. I caught 16 Pokemon by the time I got home :yeah:. I evolved the Pidgey with the highest CP to Pidgeotto, now Pidgeotto CP is 80. The rarest Pokemon I caught was Ghastly and Poliwag. I saw a Pidgeot when my dad parked outside Sainsbury's :zomg: ! I wasted a lot of Poke balls trying to get it, then ran eventually. There was a few Poke stops and 2 Pokemon gyms on the way to Sainsbury's.

Overall, a great experience for my first time out with Pokemon Go :proud:.

Spoiler

I also found a Gastly in Sainsburys today!

The mural by the door was a pokestop and someone had placed a lure
When you get a zubat in a 5km egg.

Original post by undercxver
When you get a zubat in a 5km egg.

I've hatched 4 10km eggs and have gotten 3 Eevees. Out of the other 53 eggs I've hatched, only 4 have been new Pokemon, and one of those (Meowth) I managed to catch in the wild less than 5 minutes later anyway.

Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does it matter which team you join? Because I'm level 4 after going out for the first time today with Pokemon Go. So I'll have to pick at the next level.

There are no in game changes depending on the team so just chose the one you most agree with.
Original post by DarkMagic
I've hatched 4 10km eggs and have gotten 3 Eevees. Out of the other 53 eggs I've hatched, only 4 have been new Pokemon, and one of those (Meowth) I managed to catch in the wild less than 5 minutes later anyway.

Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it.

But eggs give you loads of candies and if you get a high level eevee that can give you an insane vaporeon - so its not that bad!
I'm about to go out for at least 30 minutes so I get some exercise :dumbells:. There's a Poke stop only 5 minutes away from where I live. My dad said he wants to drive down to Portsmouth to look at a new van, so I'm excited to get more Pokemon Go time! :yay:
Original post by Architecture-er
But eggs give you loads of candies and if you get a high level eevee that can give you an insane vaporeon - so its not that bad!

True, but Eevees are so common that building up the candies really isn't too difficult. I've already evolved 5 or 6 of them. While they can evolve to high CPs (primarily Vaporeon) you really expect more from a 10k egg.

I evolved a 10k egg 2 days ago and got a Mr. Mime. Since they're available in the 5k eggs, I was slightly disappointed, but still a new Pokemon I guess.
I hate it when the game gets stuck at the camera screen or just completely freezes! :angry:
I hate it when the game gets stuck at the camera screen or just completely freezes! :angry:

yeah that happens to me aswell on some occasion :angry: it's a p*ss take when you just caught a pokémon and it freezes and you lose the pokémon :bawling:
CALLING ALL TSR POKEMON FANS! I have made a thread where TSR will play the classic gameboy advance game Pokemon FireRed! Join in and help us beat the game! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4225664

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
What's the most poke balls you're allowed to carry?
What's the most poke balls you're allowed to carry?

As many as can fit in your bag limit
Original post by eternaforest
CALLING ALL TSR POKEMON FANS! I have made a thread where TSR will play the classic gameboy advance game Pokemon FireRed! Join in and help us beat the game! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4225664

Spoiler

I am not in the possession of this specific game console nor this classical game.
I just saw a Wild Venonmoth, but when I tried to catch it it escaped the pokeball and then vanished. Never seen that before. Next time I should use a razzbery. If this happened with Pikachu and Pikachu ever escapes I would cry for a week.
Reply 935
saw a couple of onixes yesterday... didn't managed to catch either of them :smile: the pokeball kept being deflected by either its horn or the wind so had to chuck the ball all the way left for it to hit the middle. On both sightings it escaped 3+ times, with razz berrys, before my app froze LOL....
Anyone who struggles with throwing the balls on Pokemon Go there's a free 3d printer design for a case to help: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/pokeball-aimer-pokemon-go-23009
Any news when the 3 footprint bug is going to be fixed?
Original post by Impressive
I am not in the possession of this specific game console nor this classical game.

You don't need it :biggrin: you go to the thread that I made and you post a command such as "A" or "RIGHT" or "B" which i then press in the game so if you post UP it will make the character go up or whatever :smile:
Original post by eternaforest
You don't need it :biggrin: you go to the thread that I made and you post a command such as "A" or "RIGHT" or "B" which i then press in the game so if you post UP it will make the character go up or whatever :smile:

Oh. Okay I will try later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest