The Student Room Group

Complicated Relationship with Guy Friend

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by abc_123_
I have a guy friend who I'm really close with. A while ago he told me he liked me as more than a friend and I told him I didn't believe him and that I didn't want to ruin our relationship (he said it quite a few times and then he just stopped). He's always liked this other girl but now he says he doesn't like her anymore. He doesn't say he likes me anymore either but I'm not sure if he still does. I didn't like him as more than a friend before but now I do. We're still really close we text all the time and he calls me baby etc. We say "Love you" and stuff but I'm not sure if it's just friendly. Do you think he likes me or not? If not, what can I do to make him like me again or show him I like him without explicitly saying it? Xx
Thanks in advance :smile: xx

The only way you'll know for sure is if you tell him you have feelings for him? :smile:*
Just say it, lifes too short not to!
Reply 3
I've heard this story so many times before. Guy and girl are friends, guy tells girl he likes her, girl doesn't like guy that way... eventually girl realises that she likes guy, by then guy doesn't like girl anymore...

It doesn't mean it will happen with you but it is possible. The only way to find out it to ask to be honest, but don't risk it if you really value the friendship, like you originally said you did
But if I say it and he doesn't feel the same way won't that ruin everything? Xx

Won't you regret never going for it in that case? It would probably make things awkward but not necessarily ruin things.
I have a guy friend who I'm really close with. A while ago he told me he liked me as more than a friend and I told him I didn't believe him and that I didn't want to ruin our relationship (he said it quite a few times and then he just stopped). He's always liked this other girl but now he says he doesn't like her anymore. He doesn't say he likes me anymore either but I'm not sure if he still does. I didn't like him as more than a friend before but now I do. We're still really close we text all the time and he calls me baby etc. We say "Love you" and stuff but I'm not sure if it's just friendly. Do you think he likes me or not? If not, what can I do to make him like me again or show him I like him without explicitly saying it? Xx
Thanks in advance :smile: xx

I think he likes you- Just tell him and start the relationship already. He confessed to you and you turned him down- you've missed your chance of having him ask you out so you should do it if you really like him.
Well he confessed so I'm sure he does, give it a go, a relationship with a close friend will be rewarding haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending