The Student Room Group

Why did this shy guy just call it off???

A really shy guy who really liked me and thought I was attractive just told me he wasn't sure if he had 'those feelings'. This guy was smitten by me and we had hung out a couple of times but our two friendships groups didn't mingle very much so it was hard to talk other than when we were alone. It was hard for him to start anything with me and I had to lead often or his friend helped. One night we kissed and then he went AWOL. Didn't snapchat me or talk to me for a few days. So I went up to him to say sorry if I had annoyed him and that I still wanted him and then he says 'I have nothing against you, but I'm not sure I like you in that way. You are a really nice person'. He had changed his mind after we had missed. Can anyone tell me why this happened and what i should do in order to get him back?????? For info this all happened whilst we were on a sports tour for two weeks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by JabaDaba12
Your breathe smelt like death on a fine winter evening

Thanks so what do I do to get him back then
Reply 2
Yesss Edward and bella haha but less dramatic what should I do tho?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks so what do I do to get him back then

Throw yourself at him with better smelling breath, don't even give him time to think
Reply 4
Original post by JabaDaba12
Throw yourself at him with better smelling breath, don't even give him time to think

Hahahaha what about if I am not seeing him for awhile? I'm sure my breathe was fine btw hahaha
Reply 5
Okay thanks!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hahahaha what about if I am not seeing him for awhile? I'm sure my breathe was fine btw hahaha

Play with him.

Tell him you think a guy is hot, causing him to get jealous.
Tell him you're a limited time offer and he better seal the deal before you expire.
Tell him you want to screw his brains out.

Then. bang, throw yourself at him.
A really shy guy who really liked me and thought I was attractive just told me he wasn't sure if he had 'those feelings'. This guy was smitten by me and we had hung out a couple of times but our two friendships groups didn't mingle very much so it was hard to talk other than when we were alone. It was hard for him to start anything with me and I had to lead often or his friend helped. One night we kissed and then he went AWOL. Didn't snapchat me or talk to me for a few days. So I went up to him to say sorry if I had annoyed him and that I still wanted him and then he says 'I have nothing against you, but I'm not sure I like you in that way. You are a really nice person'. He had changed his mind after we had missed. Can anyone tell me why this happened and what i should do in order to get him back?????? For info this all happened whilst we were on a sports tour for two weeks.

Omg, the advice on this thread is lol. He's clearly really nervous, and my guess is that he's down playing his feeling to not make it obvious and probably feels awkward and that's why he's avoiding. He's probably sitting on the fence right now because he's nervous about getting into a relationship but he likes you as well. I'm a guy and have a few shy friends, I say show him what he means to you, a truly shy guy will not approach a girl, and their behaviour will not make any sense lol. They will do their best to avoid anything in fear. Don't take no for an answer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Because he's shy
Reply 9
Original post by Jazzy97
Omg, the advice on this thread is lol. He's clearly really nervous, and my guess is that he's down playing his feeling to not make it obvious and probably feels awkward and that's why he's avoiding. He's probably sitting on the fence right now because he's nervous about getting into a relationship but he likes you as well. I'm a guy and have a few shy friends, I say show him what he means to you, a truly shy guy will not approach a girl, and their behaviour will not make any sense lol. They will do their best to avoid anything in fear. Don't take no for an answer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks yes I will do hahah!
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Because he's shy

So how do I get back with a shy guy
He's not interested. He said he's not interested. Move on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by upperechelon
He's not interested. He said he's not interested. Move on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best advice ever, u should take this up as a job!
Best advice ever, u should take this up as a job!

He kissed you, you waited, he told you he didn't like you. I don't understand why you're still hanging on. He clearly says he doesn't want to be associated with you in that way. You're reading into the fact he's 'shy' way too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is pretty clear, i think he was just being nice and you took it the wrong way
Original post by upperechelon
He kissed you, you waited, he told you he didn't like you. I don't understand why you're still hanging on. He clearly says he doesn't want to be associated with you in that way. You're reading into the fact he's 'shy' way too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that is true, but he evidently really liked me before and then just completely avoided me after. I don't understand how someone can change their mind that quickly when he really really liked me before. That is what I am most confused over :/
Original post by thebearissquare
That is pretty clear, i think he was just being nice and you took it the wrong way

As in I thought he liked me when he was just being friendly? He told me he found me he fancied me that's all
Looks like he lacks the courage to go through with it.
even though you still have feelings for him, you need to pretend like you're over it. I know that sounds like a sweeping statement, but follow these steps my lovely, and you'll be back in there!
- take loads of hot pictures and post them on your instagram to show how beautiful you are
- keep being nice to him as a friend despite all this, but don't flirt OK.
- be friends with all of his friends, but only friends, do not make him jealous as that's a petty move
- smile at him when you next see him
- the time after that, ignore him.

he will come crawling xxx
Original post by url0velyhannah
even though you still have feelings for him, you need to pretend like you're over it. I know that sounds like a sweeping statement, but follow these steps my lovely, and you'll be back in there!
- take loads of hot pictures and post them on your instagram to show how beautiful you are
- keep being nice to him as a friend despite all this, but don't flirt OK.
- be friends with all of his friends, but only friends, do not make him jealous as that's a petty move
- smile at him when you next see him
- the time after that, ignore him.

he will come crawling xxx

Thanks hahaha hopefully xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending