The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by target21859
I remember watching it when I was very young. Is it on iplayer? Or is it 4od or itv?

Was on BBC2 so will be on iplayer by tomorrow.
At GCSE on results night I woke up at about 4am from nerves so put Harry Potter on, but at AS I took nightnurse and was out like a light and sleep through until I could get my results online! Might try that again :smile:
Original post by the IT MAN
Remember A* are not everything they do not all ways bring happiness and success.

But A*'s At A-level are quite elusive so I really want one !
Original post by fefssdf
But A*'s At A-level are quite elusive so I really want one !

Sounds like a Pokémon! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*****ing it lol
such a long period of time to go still
Original post by PQ

C) anyone using the summer break to learn a new skill or make/build something?

Finally going through all the old music theory I never learnt! I want to have a comfortable grasp on it by the time I hit uni (starting Yr 13 in September) so that's the skill I'm dedicating time to this summer. Other than that, I've been replaying Pokemon X in Japanese as "practice" for A2 Japanese. It's a lot of fun, but I don't really think I'm learning relevant vocab eheheh :biggrin: but it's sorta building my knowledge bank, I guess?
The only other new skill I've been working on is my LNAT skill, lol, but what can you do?

What about you? How's your summer going? \(^O^
Original post by PQ
Robot Wars new series started tonight:yep:

Shocking knock out in the first round (if you watched any of the old series)

My flatmate persuaded me to watch that, I really enjoyed it! :biggrin:
I feel physically sick whenever I think of Results Day :frown:
Original post by Edminzodo
Egyptology with Chinese at Liverpool. I need ABB but want AAA! How about you?

Oh okay. Which subjects did you take? And I need AAA to get into King's to do Philosophy, but am expecting A*AB-AAB
Just thought I'll check in to this thread hahaha; the wait is horrible but at least I'm on holiday until the week of results day but that doesn't seem to be helping at the moment :redface:
Original post by roarchika
Finally going through all the old music theory I never learnt! I want to have a comfortable grasp on it by the time I hit uni (starting Yr 13 in September) so that's the skill I'm dedicating time to this summer. Other than that, I've been replaying Pokemon X in Japanese as "practice" for A2 Japanese. It's a lot of fun, but I don't really think I'm learning relevant vocab eheheh :biggrin: but it's sorta building my knowledge bank, I guess?
The only other new skill I've been working on is my LNAT skill, lol, but what can you do?

What about you? How's your summer going? \(^O^

:cool:

As an official card carrying groan up I don't get a long holiday over the summer (not least because in just under a month's time I'll be working on confirmation at work - A level results week is a bunch of extra work for us in universities:smile:).

I am doing something new this summer though - I have my first colony of honey bees to look after and get strong enough to survive the winter (and maybe get some honey). And for the first time in my life I'm playing a pokemon game :o:

I'm sure I've seen something somewhere about LNAT revision techniques. Am I right in remembering that it's part logical reasoning and part writing an essay?
It seems like people are pressuring me about my university course now :frown:
Reply 1212
Original post by emiloujess
It seems like people are pressuring me about my university course now :frown:

:hugs: I'm sorry.
I dont think this is normal LOL :eek:, this time last year I was literally thinking about my results day and night to an extent where i couldnt sleep -.- But this year it hasnt hit me that im getting my results soon :s-smilie:
Original post by Aph
:hugs: I'm sorry.

It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts :frown:
Reply 1215
It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts :frown:

I know, in a way it must be nice to have a mum who cares that much and is very proactive.
Maybe you should tell her to lay off a bit? I know it can be hard but sometimes family needs putting in their place :redface:
Original post by Aph
I know, in a way it must be nice to have a mum who cares that much and is very proactive.
Maybe you should tell her to lay off a bit? I know it can be hard but sometimes family needs putting in their place :redface:

She hasn't bothered up until now, and the only thing she's done is make me doubt myself even more.

I've tried... it didn't work.
Reply 1217
She hasn't bothered up until now, and the only thing she's done is make me doubt myself even more.

I've tried... it didn't work.

Then the best thing you can do is ignore her if you don't want to shout at her :redface: family problems are awful at any time so I can't imagine how awful you feel :frown:
Original post by Edminzodo
Sounds like a Pokémon! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if an A* was a Pokemon then I'd spend two years trying to catch one
Original post by Aph
Then the best thing you can do is ignore her if you don't want to shout at her :redface: family problems are awful at any time so I can't imagine how awful you feel :frown:

I was already doubting it, purely because I'd never looked at Advertising courses before and this one has a year in industry. She just added to it. :angry: At least I don't live with her haha

Quick Reply

Latest