The Student Room Group

UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1010marina
Probably help him? Because he's clearly got issues?

Let's rephrase my above paragraph since you clearly misunderstood my point. Would you rather have bacon on your doorstep (which will not harm you, unless the pig had rabies or something idk) or would you rather get raped and beaten up? Because both of these crimes often carry the same sentence.

He has had enough help. He has been to jail multiple times for assault and racism.

He doesn't need education to know that shouting racial abuse at people isn't acceptable.

You want to bring up irrelevant crimes that have nothing to do with his crimes because you want to defend a racist.
Reply 21
Original post by SuperHuman98
Obviously what you just mentioned is worse, and the people who do that should be jailed.

That doesnt mean what the 2 men did was okay tho its still bad, you would be pissed if someone stuck raw meat to your door handles would you not?

Original post by 999tigger
They deserved it for breaking the law. Why do they feel they have the right to shout abuse and interfere with their right to freedom of religion?

Perhaps it might deter other idiots who had contemplated doing the same thing. Zero sympathy for them.

Original post by DorianGrayism
And shouted racist abuse at passer-bys that tried to remove the bacon that they placed on the floor.

On top of that, they are previously convicted criminals, who are convicted football hooligans that have assaulted the cops.

So, yes. Send them to jail.

Jail is a last resort that shouldn't be used for this it should be used for serious crimes where people get hurt or significant financial damage occurs, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished in court for this but jail is too far.

Were they sent to prison for assaulting the police?
Reply 22
Such a blatantly provocative and foolish thing to do, but to say that a prison sentence is the appropriate response here by the law is slightly disproportionate. Surely a fine would have been more useful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
Such a blatantly provocative and foolish thing to do, but to say that a prison sentence is the appropriate response here by the law is slightly disproportionate. Surely a fine would have been more useful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? He is a convicted racist and criminal offender. He has a long history of assault.

He shouted racial abuse at a passer-by in this case. He clearly is a danger to people.
No, you deserve some kind of education class for something this. Prison is just unfair.

The system is so corrupt. It's worse to offend someone than to actually physically harm them now? Oh dear

We have two crimes folks.

1. Putting Bacon on mosque door

2. Gang commit unprovoked attack battering a female to the ground targeting her head shouting "Die white ****"

One receives 9 months and one the perpetrators walk free.

Tell me again about Islamofauxbia and institusionalised racism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-****-FREED.html
Original post by joecphillips
Jail is a last resort that shouldn't be used for this it should be used for serious crimes where people get hurt or significant financial damage occurs, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished in court for this but jail is too far.

Were they sent to prison for assaulting the police?

He has a history of violence and racism on multiple occasions. That is just a quick google search.

On this occasion, he shouted racial abuse at passer-bys.

Why did he go to the mosque? Probably to incite violence or at the very least extreme aggravation.

So, he should go to jail.

The only reason why you are saying otherwise, is because you have no empathy for victims of racial abuse.
He has had enough help. He has been to jail multiple times for assault and racism.

He doesn't need education to know that shouting racial abuse at people isn't acceptable.

You want to bring up irrelevant crimes that have nothing to do with his crimes because you want to defend a racist.

Do you honestly think jail is going to help? Do you think he will come out and want to shake the hand of the nearest Muslim? If so, you are sadly mistaken.
Do you honestly think jail is going to help? Do you think he will come out and want to shake the hand of the nearest Muslim? If so, you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't say it was going to help him. Like a Muslim extremist, a racist moron often can't be helped.

He has had enough chances. He is in his 30's now.

He spends 9 months in jail then that is 9 months that ethnic minorities are protected from his racist abuse.
Reply 28
Original post by HAnwar
That's the difference you see.
Muslims aren't stupid or insensitive enough to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh let's try not homogenize Muslims by brushing them in a negative light but positive ones are fine.

Why? He is a convicted racist and criminal offender. He has a long history of assault.

He shouted racial abuse at a passer-by in this case. He clearly is a danger to people.

Honestly I'm on my phone so can't do any research of my own right now so I'm taking your word for it. Even on those grounds there are a proliferation of ways to get people to abide by certain terms and rules. The response here is just out of proportion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think a jail sentence is appropriate here. He clearly did it as a joke and it didn't really harm anyone... maybe community service would be enough
Original post by Trapz99
I don't think a jail sentence is appropriate here. He clearly did it as a joke and it didn't really harm anyone... maybe community service would be enough

The racial abuse that he admitted to must have been a joke as well.
I didn't say it was going to help him. Like a Muslim extremist, a racist moron often can't be helped.

He spends 9 months in jail then that is 9 months that ethnic minorities are protected from his racist abuse.

No, you said he has had enough help because he's been to prison before. Jail is not an appropriate punishment in this case because it's hardly going to help him understand why what he did was wrong.

Educating him and helping him to understand that religious folk take their faith seriously and are sensitive to certain foodstuffs they believe to come from dirty animals will help him to understand why people will take offence at his actions.

Putting him in prison is more than likely going to make him feel even more resentful about Muslims in the future.

If you truly believe he's had enough chances and will never change, then after those 9 months he'll probably get worse and start throwing around a full English. The horror. But if he had help he'd probably understand that would be wrong.
Original post by HAnwar
I was talking about that particular example. Keep up :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you always get abused every time you comment on a thread. :ashamed2:
Original post by Pulse.

Honestly I'm on my phone so can't do any research of my own right now so I'm taking your word for it. Even on those grounds there are a proliferation of ways to get people to abide by certain terms and rules. The response here is just out of proportion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well why?

He is a convicted racist and has been convicted of assault on multiple occasions.

He turned up to a mosque to incite violence/deliberately aggravate people before shouting racial abuse at people that tried to stop him from putting bacon on the door handle or whatever.

Quite clearly, he is a danger to people in the community of taking other actions.

So the 50%+ of Muslims in the UK that believe homosexuals should be dragged before a magistrate and sentenced are beyond our help then, what should we do with them ?

Our racists belong to us, we can't very well deport them, but these Muslims are immigrants or the direct decedents of immigrants, perhaps we should post them back to where they come from ?
A year in jail for a piece of bacon outside of a Mosque?! That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. It's rare sexual assaulters get that long in prison, this is pathetic!
Original post by HanSoloLuck

Yet Muslim rapists have gotten off with nothing, claiming cultural ignorance, for attacking young girls.

Ah, so you want an even worse system? Because the system failed in one instance here, we should make it fail in all other instances?

Really we should be focusing on improving the system and ensuring such failure don't happen again.
Original post by Trapz99

Joke? Yeah...no. It's pathetic and sad. Come on they're in their freaking 30/40's. Life must be pretty tough on them for them to be stooping this low.
No, you said he has had enough help because he's been to prison before. Jail is not an appropriate punishment in this case because it's hardly going to help him understand why what he did was wrong.

Educating him and helping him to understand that religious folk take their faith seriously and are sensitive to certain foodstuffs they believe to come from dirty animals will help him to understand why people will take offence at his actions.

Putting him in prison is more than likely going to make him feel even more resentful about Muslims in the future.

If you truly believe he's had enough chances and will never change, then after those 9 months he'll probably get worse and start throwing around a full English. The horror. But if he had help he'd probably understand that would be wrong.

I said he has had enough help in Jail. In Jail, there is help for people that want it. Then I said, I don't care about giving anymore help.

He knows what he is doing.He is a convicted racist. He isn't 15. He is 30.

Stop pretending he is a blithering idiot.
Why should putting food near a building be an arrestable offense?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending