The Student Room Group

Who's studying early this summer for next year?

This summer I am starting my studies for A-Level Physics early and I'm wondering if anyone else here is already starting for a-levels, GCSE or University.
I feel like a no life right now just sitting at my desk. Ahhhh!
Gimme advice for physics please thanks mateyoh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't sleep? So you do physics work at 2am :lol:I've made a timetable to do some of my A2 work as well.. You're not alone. Starts from tomorrow :redface: Need to fix my sleep schedule though.
Original post by Nettled
Can't sleep? So you do physics work at 2am :lol:I've made a timetable to do some of my A2 work as well.. You're not alone. Starts from tomorrow :redface: Need to fix my sleep schedule though.

:P yeah, Im currently stuck on a certain part of the specification to do with SI prefix thingies. Ah, a timetable would be a good idea - I hope that goes well for you! I woke up at 7pm AHGAIN today so like, I need to do myself some justice before results day or else I won't wake up.
Reply 3
Original post by CorpusLuteum
:P yeah, Im currently stuck on a certain part of the specification to do with SI prefix thingies. Ah, a timetable would be a good idea - I hope that goes well for you! I woke up at 7pm AHGAIN today so like, I need to do myself some justice before results day or else I won't wake up.

Cant help you there. I don't do physics :tongue: Well not strictly on times. Just what I need to cover. What time have you been getting to sleep? And I thought my current sleep schedule was bad..
Original post by Nettled
Cant help you there. I don't do physics :tongue: Well not strictly on times. Just what I need to cover. What time have you been getting to sleep? And I thought my current sleep schedule was bad..

Oooh, so what d'you study then? O:
I've been sleeping at 9am
:''(
:lol: yeah don't study in the summer
Original post by sleepysnooze

That's what a lil man said once and then he got older and even started studying in the bathroom
Reply 7
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Oooh, so what d'you study then? O:
I've been sleeping at 9am
:''(

Just realised this was posted in the Physics sub forum. I just saw it pop up in the latest threads and clicked on it. Soz. I'm surprised your parents haven't had a go at you! Or have they :holmes:
Original post by sleepysnooze

Here's something to think about ----> "Champions are made in the off-season."

Original post by Nettled
Just realised this was posted in the Physics sub forum. I just saw it pop up in the latest threads and clicked on it. Soz. I'm surprised your parents haven't had a go at you! Or have they :holmes:

Doesn't stop me from being interested in what you're studying mate. Tell mehhhh!!!

My parents are not happy with it, because it's making me nocturnal. I'm just waiting for my friend to come back to London so we can go out together at normal hours of the day. Prrrfffft
Reply 10
I've already done the whole AQA physics specification, just making revision cards and other revision material for next year :biggrin:
Original post by andrew.g
i've already done the whole aqa physics specification, just making revision cards and other revision material for next year :d

um pls share your notes with me oh my god how did you have time
Original post by Andrew.G
I've already done the whole AQA physics specification, just making revision cards and other revision material for next year :biggrin:

Yeah, do share.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I’ve made revision cards for the SI prefixes, I know them off by heart now. (I had some left over cards from GCSEs)

I also printed some past papers and worksheets to work on. I answer the question when I understand the topic, after I learn that topic, I answer the question. Same trick I learnt in GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parents hired a person with a PhD in Physics to be my tutor. Looking forward to starting AS Physics. I already got started on learning the definition of some words.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Where are you guys getting the resources for learning the AS? I would like to start but I don't have any textbooks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've started work for my A2s - reading the english lit set texts, studying around our history time period and studying biology from the revision guides :smile: Keeps my brain sane, haha.
I tried this last year- it didn't really work! Reading around your subjects is invaluable though.
Reply 18
Idk about u but dont u have like tons of bridging work to do ? 😂Im like sinking plus different schools have different specs and topics so idk which school im going to
Original post by Eden00
Where are you guys getting the resources for learning the AS? I would like to start but I don't have any textbooks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics and Maths tutor. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com

Also, my brother has done 3 of the A-Levels I’m doing so I’m using his old textbooks.

I’ve also bought flashcards so I’m going over SI units & definitions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest