The Student Room Group

Why are there so many misconceptions about BLM??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YaliaV
Well, I think BLM is a racist movement, as a lot of its members are most certainly racist and their behaviour has been terrible.

White people make up 62% of America, while black people make up 13%. Black people commit far more crime proportional to their number - that's a FACT. This is largely due to poverty, gangs and black people not valuing education. These issues are very urgent, but they are being ignored by black people because it's easier to blame other people.

How is the BLM movement racist????

You seem to be forgetting that numerically, White people commit the most crime as they are the largest demographic. Also the fact that the stats between all the races fluctuate as the stats are taken within years. There is data that proves in some years, White people have commited the most crime. So that crime stat arguement is void.

I dont think you know what the goal is for BLM. It isnt to spread fear and kill people like the kkk did, its to enforce the fact that Black lives also matter, which over the recent years has been forgotten. As the years go by there have been unprovoked police killings against Black people which, is undeniable. This is what BLM is defending.

You may argue the fact that BLM are becoming violent but they are definitely the least violent in the pile
Original post by Kurosaki_Ichi
How is the BLM movement racist????

You seem to be forgetting that numerically, White people commit the most crime as they are the largest demographic. Also the fact that the stats between all the races fluctuate as the stats are taken within years. There is data that proves in some years, White people have commited the most crime. So that crime stat arguement is void.

I dont think you know what the goal is for BLM. It isnt to spread fear and kill people like the kkk did, its to enforce the fact that Black lives also matter, which over the recent years has been forgotten. As the years go by there have been unprovoked police killings against Black people which, is undeniable. This is what BLM is defending.

You may argue the fact that BLM are becoming violent but they are definitely the least violent in the pile

The least violent compared to...?

The KKK are a very niche largely historical organisation with very little presence in the modern world. They are shunned by the vast majority of white people and do not purport to represent white people.

You are ignoring the statistics because they don't suit your view of the world, as so many people do. That will not help anyone.

"According to the US Department of Justice, blacksaccounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_rate_statistics

It's Wikipedia, but it quotes other sites. Black people account for 13% of the population and commit over 50% of homicides. Anyone who thinks there isn't a problem has their head firmly in the sand.
Original post by WBZ144
Is it called BLMOAO (Black Lives Matter Above All Others)? Didn't think so.

Wow, you are very clever
Original post by YaliaV
The least violent compared to...?

The KKK are a very niche largely historical organisation with very little presence in the modern world. They are shunned by the vast majority of white people and do not purport to represent white people.

You are ignoring the statistics because they don't suit your view of the world, as so many people do. That will not help anyone.

"According to the US Department of Justice, blacksaccounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_rate_statistics

It's Wikipedia, but it quotes other sites. Black people account for 13% of the population and commit over 50% of homicides. Anyone who thinks there isn't a problem has their head firmly in the sand.

So that makes the kkk all good then, does it?

You are in fact the one not reading what I'm saying....would say not listening but this is text and not speech...right?? Anyway, I've replied to you about the crime stats and how that argument is void, said about other variables, said what BLM aims to do.. You haven't replied to any of those points I made, all your doing is repeating crime stats, which ive actually replied to....
So that makes the kkk all good then, does it?

You are in fact the one not reading what I'm saying....would say not listening but this is text and not speech...right?? Anyway, I've replied to you about the crime stats and how that argument is void, said about other variables, said what BLM aims to do.. You haven't replied to any of those points I made, all your doing is repeating crime stats, which ive actually replied to....

What the fluck are you on about? You're the one who keeps bringing up the kkk in an attempt to confuse the argument. The kkk is abhorrent, but that doesn't make BLM any more credible as a movement.

Yeah, who cares about statistics and facts, right? You haven't adequately replied to anything. Black people commit A LOT more crimes than other groups and thus come into contact with the police more. They are also more likely to resist arrest, which results in more incidents. BLM goes out of its way to ignore contextual details and they highlight individual cases as if they represent the majority. They are a total joke and the members behave appallingly.
Original post by YaliaV
What the fluck are you on about? You're the one who keeps bringing up the kkk in an attempt to confuse the argument. The kkk is abhorrent, but that doesn't make BLM any more credible as a movement.

Yeah, who cares about statistics and facts, right? You haven't adequately replied to anything. Black people commit A LOT more crimes than other groups and thus come into contact with the police more. They are also more likely to resist arrest, which results in more incidents. BLM goes out of its way to ignore contextual details and they highlight individual cases as if they represent the majority. They are a total joke and the members behave appallingly.

Right.

The kkk argument was used to counter your statistic spamming as it has been demonstrated that its not ONLY Black people that have caused violence or are the MOST violent. Even the crime stats highlight this. But it seems your not going to accept that. Your adamant Black people are the most violent and are aggressive due to their poverty, involvement in gangs - etc - yet you fail to consider White privilege.Although I'm not a BLM campaigner, I am glad that they exist, Its unfortunate to hear that in 2016 people are still being attacked without a valid reason, whether they are Black or not - It needs to stop in America. The individual cases in America do highlight the majority, the individual cases are becoming more common, so are starting to become the majority. Regardless, racism has existed for ages and still does today, even in the UK. Now, I know it is human nature, but seeing it on the rise in America isn't great (or anywhere for that matter).Also, I believe there is a link to the violence created by BLM (or in general) and Donald Trump.

So, do you have any other reasons why you think BLM are a joke?
Reply 86
Right.

The kkk argument was used to counter your statistic spamming as it has been demonstrated that its not ONLY Black people that have caused violence or are the MOST violent. Even the crime stats highlight this. But it seems your not going to accept that. Your adamant Black people are the most violent and are aggressive due to their poverty, involvement in gangs - etc - yet you fail to consider White privilege.Although I'm not a BLM campaigner, I am glad that they exist, Its unfortunate to hear that in 2016 people are still being attacked without a valid reason, whether they are Black or not - It needs to stop in America. The individual cases in America do highlight the majority, the individual cases are becoming more common, so are starting to become the majority. Regardless, racism has existed for ages and still does today, even in the UK. Now, I know it is human nature, but seeing it on the rise in America isn't great (or anywhere for that matter).Also, I believe there is a link to the violence created by BLM (or in general) and Donald Trump.

That is because white privilege doesn't exist it is excuse used for failure.
What is said about the individual cases saying that a racial bias in police shootings have been proven wrong just like BLM's hands up don't shoot rhetoric. http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Do you not see a connection to Obama saying the police are racist and the next day a black man killing multiple officers in Dallas and the latest spike in cop killings?
Right.

No, the kkk argument was basically, "I'm going to try to derail the argument by bringing up a racist white group".

Black people in America cause a lot more crimes proportionally than any other group. They only make up a small percentage of the population. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about that.

Racism exists, but BLM isn't the answer. They just want to create chaos and blame white people for everything. Not to mention the violence and childish behaviour of many supporters.

You can blame Trump for a lot of things, but people have to take responsibility for their own actions. I'm tired of people passing the buck and never taking responsibility. It's insinuating that black people are no more than passive reactive beings who have no control over their own actions. Talk about patronising and dehumanising.

Why are Asian Americans MORE successful than white Americans? Perhaps it's because they work very hard and just get on with it instead of blaming other people all the time.

Anyway, we are going in circles.
Reply 88
a few reasons i've heard
1] its been nicely hijacked by targetedassasinations of law enforcement, hell the black panthers set up a chapter in Dallas the same day it happened, it was also posted on facebook by one of there groups a rather nice threat to kill european leaders unless billions of dollars are repatriated
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1424071/black-power-sniper-group-issues-chilling-new-threat-to-eu-leaders-after-claiming-responsibility-for-dallas-cop-shootings/

[Sorry couldn't find the original link i saw it on so sun will do]

2] Some see it as an excuse to continue the current trend of if anyone speaks about being white or critisises a black person they're branded a frothing racist.

3] Its also somewhat questioned why its being done here seeing as black people are normal members of society and arent shot on a regular basis.

And so on, again these are just arguements i've heard personally whilst i find it somewhat questionable here i dont really care either way.
Original post by YaliaV
No, the kkk argument was basically, "I'm going to try to derail the argument by bringing up a racist white group".

Black people in America cause a lot more crimes proportionally than any other group. They only make up a small percentage of the population. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about that.

Racism exists, but BLM isn't the answer. They just want to create chaos and blame white people for everything. Not to mention the violence and childish behaviour of many supporters.

You can blame Trump for a lot of things, but people have to take responsibility for their own actions. I'm tired of people passing the buck and never taking responsibility. It's insinuating that black people are no more than passive reactive beings who have no control over their own actions. Talk about patronising and dehumanising.

Why are Asian Americans MORE successful than white Americans? Perhaps it's because they work very hard and just get on with it instead of blaming other people all the time.

Anyway, we are going in circles.

No, the kkk argument was used as how I said it was and actually is a polar opposite to BLM and was/is mainly White. It trumps your whole argument.

You seem very confused, all you have done is repeat the same statement about violent Black people again and again and again and again and.....Your arguments seem one track minded and therefore refer to the crime stats, but you wont acknowledge how broad they are and how they have changed through the years. You have made it clear that "Black people proportionally are the most violent" and whilst the stats say that you are not progressing anywhere...and that's mainly because you cant. Other than crime stats you don't have any other sources of evidence, and even if you do, its all very modern. Therefore you have to consider the complicated, modern times which reflect anyway, that everyone and everything is becoming more violent.

So what do you want me to say? Yes, crime stats show that Black people have been the most violent in some years, but so have other races. And splitting up races by how violent they are doesn't help solve the problem. Maybe if police officers stopped killing innocent Black people BLM wouldn't exist.
Oh and BLM create chaos? Chaos was created from day one in America. If you're attacking the supporters of BLM, have you seen the Trump rally supporters??? But then again you would probably say that the supporters doesn't reflect on the whole movement.

And finally, I'm tired of people pointing not at the whole picture. Yes, the Black community in America needs development, so does every community. But these problems started in America way way before.And, don't play the "Black people blame everyone" game because at least they actually have something to blame to people about.
Original post by joecphillips
That is because white privilege doesn't exist it is excuse used for failure.
What is said about the individual cases saying that a racial bias in police shootings have been proven wrong just like BLM's hands up don't shoot rhetoric. http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Do you not see a connection to Obama saying the police are racist and the next day a black man killing multiple officers in Dallas and the latest spike in cop killings?

White privilege doesn't exist....banter

Dude, we live in a White world.

Arguing with them is pointless. They use the "Black people are violent" argument to try and prove that Blacks who were shot for reaching for their ID cards, playing with toy guns or helping their autistic patients somehow deserved it.

In America it's the Black people, in Europe it's Arabs and South Asians. But they're perfect, despite the fact that they have invaded and occupied more countries, resulting in the most bloodshed than those who they like to view as less civilised than them.
Original post by WBZ144
Arguing with them is pointless. They use the "Black people are violent" argument to try and prove that Blacks who were shot for reaching for their ID cards, playing with toy guns or helping their autistic patients somehow deserved it.

In America it's the Black people, in Europe it's Arabs and South Asians. But they're perfect, despite the fact that they have invaded and occupied more countries, resulting in the most bloodshed than those who they like to view as less civilised than them.

Yep, and its unfortunate people don't see this. If you're not White you are forced to assimilate into society or its bad news for you, you will be forever branded as aggressive or a terrorist, or abusive or violent. And its ridiculous (especially as we discovered and lived on this land first. As well as the other "minorities"...But I wont go there..that's for another day. lol). Its 2016 and I'm struggling to see progression.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144

Trying to reason with Kurosaki_Ichi is like banging your head against a brick wall.

In Europe it's the Arabs and South Asians? You sound like a very racist and bigoted person. All races have committed atrocities in the past. Maybe you should learn a thing or two about history before you make racist statements like that? Just a thought.
Original post by YaliaV
Trying to reason with Kurosaki_Ichi is like banging your head against a brick wall.

In Europe it's the Arabs and South Asians? You sound like a very racist and bigoted person. All races have committed atrocities in the past. Maybe you should learn a thing or two about history before you make racist statements like that? Just a thought.

If you didn't understand my post then this is a pointless conversation to have.

And even if I did mean what you implied I meant, it's hypocritical to fall into self-righteous fury whend you were one of the people trying to validate the "Black people are violent" argument.
(edited 7 years ago)

PRSOM !!!!

Thank you dude ! (I cba to correct anyone in the comment section yet but i will when my inner activist comes out lmao )
Because they're racists?

Anti-white social justice warriors, who even blame deaths of blacks by non-white police on white privilege...

**** them

There should be a White lives matter if anything, yet it would be called White supremacist as with any racially conscious Whites who have the interests of their own ****ing people
Did those 1400 girls groomed by lets face it Muslim sex gangs lives matter?

Where were the protests over that? oh right, you buried your heads in the sand, you don't care

The only people who protested against it of course were the far-right and of course they are called far-right, because they actually care about what is being done to their own people

Note that I said Muslim, not Asian. A lot of media report them as Asian sex gangs but nearly all of them are of Pakistani descent and Muslim. I don't think it's fair on Asian people to be smeared like that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144

You know that black police officers, when confronted by a suspect that may be holding either a gun or mobile phone they are statistically more likely to shoot them if they are black than if the suspect were white, right?

This is the same with white police officers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ethnic_Cleansing
Because they're racists?

Anti-white social justice warriors, who even blame deaths of blacks by non-white police on white privilege...

**** them

There should be a White lives matter if anything, yet it would be called White supremacist as with any racially conscious Whites who have the interests of their own ****ing people

…dude chill and stop hiding behind anonymity to aggravate people chilllll

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending