The Student Room Group

UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
I didn't say it was going to help him. Like a Muslim extremist, a racist moron often can't be helped.

He has had enough chances. He is in his 30's now.

He spends 9 months in jail then that is 9 months that ethnic minorities are protected from his racist abuse.

It's also easy to say you didn't say something when you do a crafty edit :smile:
Original post by HanSoloLuck
So the 50%+ of Muslims in the UK that believe homosexuals should be dragged before a magistrate and sentenced are beyond our help then, what should we do with them ?

Our racists belong to us, we can't very well deport them, but these Muslims are immigrants or the direct decedents of immigrants, perhaps we should post them back to where they come from ?

This is a thread about racists. Not about the backward beliefs of Muslims.

Spend less time defending racists then you won't sound so stupid.
Original post by 1010marina
It's also easy to say you didn't say something when you do a crafty edit :smile:

Or maybe you misread what I wrote.
I said he has had enough help in Jail. In Jail, there is help for people that want it. Then I said, I don't care about giving anymore help.

He knows what he is doing.He is a convicted racist. He isn't 15. He is 30.

Stop pretending he is a blithering idiot.

Well he's clearly a bit dumb to do what he did in front of witnesses. If he did it in the dead of night with nobody around he might not have been caught? So it's reasonable to assume he either does not care or else is indeed a blithering idiot.

He's not going to get the support he needs in jail and that's it. He's hardly going to come out, shake the imams hand and leave a halal chicken there is he.

Why don't you stop pretending this was a brutal crime that struck the very core of Muslim society. Nobody got physically hurt, there were no open wounds. It's still a crime, and should be treated as such, but considering the system is so corrupt that rapists can get smaller sentences, and sometimes murder only a few years, this man deserves a slap on the wrist at best, in the context of the rest of the UK crimes. It's just ridiculous.

Perhaps we should arrest the staff at my local Tesco. Selling bacon near a mosque. That's got to carry at least a month sentence now?
Or maybe you misread what I wrote.

Suuuure. This is what your post originally read, if you've forgotten.

"(Original post by DorianGrayism)
He has had enough help. He has been to jail multiple times for assault and racism"
Well he's clearly a bit dumb to do what he did in front of witnesses. If he did it in the dead of night with nobody around he might not have been caught? So it's reasonable to assume he either does not care or else is indeed a blithering idiot.

He's not going to get the support he needs in jail and that's it. He's hardly going to come out, shake the imams hand and leave a halal chicken there is he.

Why don't you stop pretending this was a brutal crime that struck the very core of Muslim society. Nobody got physically hurt, there were no open wounds. It's still a crime, and should be treated as such, but considering the system is so corrupt that rapists can get smaller sentences, and sometimes murder only a few years, this man deserves a slap on the wrist at best, in the context of the rest of the UK crimes. It's just ridiculous.

Perhaps we should arrest the staff at my local Tesco. Selling bacon near a mosque. That's got to carry at least a month sentence now?

You keep on saying that he won't receive support in jail which is clearly false. There is plenty of support in jail.

He has multiple occasions to reform his character. He hasn't taken it.

The reality is that you want to defend a racist because you are white and so are not threatened by someone like him.
This is a thread about racists. Not about the backward beliefs of Muslims.

Spend less time defending racists then you won't sound so stupid.

The post is actually more geared towards the fact that the sentence the guy got was obscene in comparison to the sentences other criminals get.
Suuuure. This is what your post originally read, if you've forgotten.

"(Original post by DorianGrayism)
He has had enough help. He has been to jail multiple times for assault and racism"

ROFL.

Then I didn't edit it. The original post is still there. WTF are you on about.
You keep on saying that he won't receive support in jail which is clearly false. There is plenty of support in jail.

He has multiple occasions to reform his character. He hasn't taken it.

The reality is that you want to defend a racist because you are white and so are not threatened by someone like him.

I've actually been the victim of racist 'abuse' multiple times as I am indeed white but living in a predominantly Bangladeshi area. As someone who has also been punched in the face by a stranger for no apparent reason I can tell you I'd rather be insulted than physically hurt.

To clarify once more
What the man did was wrong
I'm defending him from his sentence because i believe it was harsh
I'm not defending his actions because they were indeed wrong
Just not as wrong as rape which as shown before often carries a smaller Sentence
The post is actually more geared towards the fact that the sentence the guy got was obscene in comparison to the sentences other criminals get.

So....then send everyone to jail.

At least that would be a consistent argument.

My point would be a rapist should be sent to jail for at least a few years . A multiple time convicted racist and violent thug should be sent for a months.

Instead, you want to let the racist go because in ONE case, a Muslim rapist somehow gets out of a jail sentence.
I've actually been the victim of racist 'abuse' multiple times as I am indeed white but living in a predominantly Bangladeshi area. As someone who has also been punched in the face by a stranger for no apparent reason I can tell you I'd rather be insulted than physically hurt.

To clarify once more
What the man did was wrong
I'm defending him from his sentence because i believe it was harsh
I'm not defending his actions because they were indeed wrong
Just not as wrong as rape which as shown before often carries a smaller Sentence

Ok then. You don't care about racist abuse against South Asian people because you are white.

Funny how you bring the rape up now. Somehow, if a Rapist get's out of a conviction in one case....then that must mean that a racist should get out of their case.

Somehow these are sensible equivalents.
Reply 51
Original post by mercuryman
Why do you always get abused every time you comment on a thread. :ashamed2:

Lol coz I'm surrounded by islamophobes innit.
Watch how much abuse this comment gets :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So....then send everyone to jail.

At least that would be a consistent argument.

My point would be a rapist should be sent to jail for at least a few years . A multiple time convicted racist and violent thug should be sent for a months.

Instead, you want to let the racist go because in ONE case, a Muslim rapist somehow gets out of a jail sentence.

It's not one case it's thousands. It crops up regularly in the news.

But in the current system rapists aren't sent to prison for long enough (luckily we're in agreement there), so why should racists get the brunt end?

Increase all the sentences or decrease them all idc either way I'd just know I pity this man almost as much as his victims
Reply 53
They deserve it tbh.
Ok then. You don't care about racist abuse against South Asian people because you are white.

Funny how you bring the rape up now. Somehow, if a Rapist get's out of a conviction in one case....then that must mean that a racist should get out of their case.

Somehow these are sensible equivalents.

You know, making generic statements about people of one race isn't exactly helping your argument that you're anti racism. Just anti Asian racism.

Nobody should have to suffer persecution for their skin colour and within reason people should be allowed to follow whatever religion they fancy. But insulting someone's religious choices or skin colour is nowhere near as bad as physical abuse imho. Stuff hurts on the inside but my god it's worse on the outside
Reply 55
Original post by Betelgeuse-
We have two crimes folks.

1. Putting Bacon on mosque door

2. Gang commit unprovoked attack battering a female to the ground targeting her head shouting "Die white ****"

One receives 9 months and one the perpetrators walk free.

Tell me again about Islamofauxbia and institusionalised racism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-****-FREED.html

"Ambaro Maxamed, 24, students Ayan Maxamed, 28, and Hibo Maxamed, 24, and their 28-year-old cousin Ifrah Nur each admitted actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of five years’ imprisonment.

But Judge Robert Brown gave them suspended jail terms after hearing mitigation that as Muslims, the women were not used to being drunk. The Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol, although Islamic teachings permit its use for medicinal purposes.

After the sentencing, Ambaro Maxamed wrote on her Twitter account: ‘Happy happy happy!’, ‘I’m so going out’, and ‘Today has been such a great day’.
"

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:
It's not one case it's thousands. It crops up regularly in the news.

But in the current system rapists aren't sent to prison for long enough (luckily we're in agreement there), so why should racists get the brunt end?

Increase all the sentences or decrease them all idc either way I'd just know I pity this man almost as much as his victims

There are not thousands of cases where a Muslim is let off for claiming cultural ignorance. Be serious.

He is going to jail for 9 months. Will be out in 4 with good behaviour. It isn't even a harsh sentence.
Original post by The Epicurean
Ah, so you want an even worse system? Because the system failed in one instance here, we should make it fail in all other instances?

Really we should be focusing on improving the system and ensuring such failure don't happen again.

It's a matter of perspective, I think the system failed by allowing a religion to encroach on everyone else's freedoms to begin with and these men were not only right, but that greater measures should be taken to humble the adherents of Islam.

The simple fact is that this religion has been given more rights than any other in our societies, news stations will not depict blasphemous images, politicians will grovel when their adherents kill non-believers. people will be thrown in jail for being deliberately offensive, people from their communities will have the police actively cover up crimes, I could go on.

If you cannot see this very serious and very real position of power that Islam and Muslims are now in, then you are lost and I cannot help you.
(edited 7 years ago)
This probably comes under hate crime which suprisingly is a crime and should be punished.

9 months probably because of previous multiple offences.
Reply 59
They deserve it tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending