The Student Room Group
There is a Chambers survey about which uni people went to. You cna find it using the search function or someone else cna link it.
I can see how open you are to advice, so will just leave the rest out. GL.
I imagine QMUL might have a slight advantage regarding job opportunities simply by virtue of it being in London, where all the big firms are based. Overall prestige difference of each of the universities I think is negligible, not sure for Law specifically though so you could probably check some rankings to give yourself a bit of an idea how each stands against the other.
personally I think Sheffield. it offers the best of both worlds tbh, in terms of the traditional student nightlife as well as a prestigious, old and well known law school. this last part is particularly important as a lot of partners in prominent law firms atteneded Sheffield or are aware of its reputation from back in the day although with structured recruiting processes and diversity initiatives this point should not be too important in the present day. QMUL seems to have majorly increased in reputation more recently. from what its worth, I think its a rung below ucl kings lse imperial etc but many people seem to think it is worthy of being in the same grouping as these ones. I am a Sheffield student going into my second year in September
(edited 7 years ago)
sheffield is better and more prestigious, queen mary is honestly a little looked down upon because itll never be at the same level as UCL KCL LSE
I always thought QM had an excellent law department usually ranking highly but I've not actually checked in recent years, never thought much of Sheffield but thats just me personally.
Original post by neal95
personally I think Sheffield. it offers the best of both worlds tbh, in terms of the traditional student nightlife as well as a prestigious, old and well known law school. this last part is particularly important as a lot of partners in prominent law firms atteneded Sheffield or are aware of its reputation from back in the day although with structured recruiting processes and diversity initiatives this point should not be too important in the present day. QMUL seems to have majorly increased in reputation more recently. from what its worth, I think its a rung below ucl kings lse imperial etc but many people seem to think it is worthy of being in the same grouping as these ones. I am a Sheffield student going into my second year in September

I agree about the student lift but many say London is roads and ends more enjoyable if you can afford it. Im surprised as people seeing Sheffield as better i personally thought everyone would prefer QMUL i have a tough decision to make come 23 days lmao

Original post by JNDSAN
sheffield is better and more prestigious, queen mary is honestly a little looked down upon because itll never be at the same level as UCL KCL LSE

I thought that but is it not on the same level as the said universities?
Original post by YouAreGhey
I always thought QM had an excellent law department usually ranking highly but I've not actually checked in recent years, never thought much of Sheffield but thats just me personally.

Likewise, i am quite surprised at the response tbj
At Sheffield we get all top firms such as slaughter and may Clifford chance linklaters Freshfields hogan lovells Norton rose Fulbright white and case ashurst HSF etc come into visit us for the law fair and on the milkround (recruitment) season. I am sure Qmul is the same but honestly Sheffield has some great nights out and has a lot of restaurants but Dosent feel too big that you will get lost in. Do some more research into the school specifically it's top notch

Original post by LawStudent7x
I agree about the student lift but many say London is roads and ends more enjoyable if you can afford it. Im surprised as people seeing Sheffield as better i personally thought everyone would prefer QMUL i have a tough decision to make come 23 days lmao

na its really not, I hate how tsr is half about uni wars and rankigns but theyre a solid start on comparing, uk law rankings, ucl is 3, lse 4 and kcl 5, queen mary is 25 and internationally, which is a better indicator , ucl lse and kcl all comfortable top 30 or so whereas queen mary is no where near.
Reply 10
Probably QMUL... It won't really make any difference other than it being in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I m from India and my score could not meet Sheffield entry requirements. Do foundation year guarantees direct admission in School of engineering.
Original post by Abdullah0012
Hey I m from India and my score could not meet Sheffield entry requirements. Do foundation year guarantees direct admission in School of engineering.

You're in the wrong forum and this thread is 3 years old so needs to be closed. Please ask your question in the Applying to uni forum (Applications & UCAS)

Latest

Trending

Trending