The Student Room Group

Regressive left tries to twist Munich narrative to suit their agenda

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
'The person' hasn't given it's a completely different police force.

Who is in charge of the police forces?
Original post by joecphillips
Who is in charge of the police forces?

The regional authority.
The police force in Cologne was a different police force to the one in Munich. Just like Greater Manchester Police are a different organization to the force in Sunderland.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Never watched it in my life, very clever comment though. You're right, islamism is no problem, it's incompatibility with the west is a myth. When I look at the islamic world, I think how great it will be when we live like that, all aided by our mad political and media class.

Do you have any Muslim friends... Most of mine are and there fine. Don't generalize millions of people on the basis of extremism

- And also do not try put words in my mouth , i did not say any of those things :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
Do you honestly believe that media outlets aren't biased? Every single one of them are.

infowars.com is one of the worst. You keep listening to that fat man shout nonsense
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You smug idiots are the ones denying reality. I hope you feel proud when you spinelessly ease the way via appeasement and biased coverage for the muslim rule of Europe and the destruction of our way of life.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/mental-health-services-explained/Pages/accessing%20services.aspx
Original post by MrSplash
infowars.com is one of the worst. You keep listening to that fat man shout nonsense

I don't watch info wars regularly when I do it is to laugh at them, but do you believe the media aren't biased?
Reply 106
Original post by swanderfeild
And I assume you've some compelling evidence of his association with Islamic terror groups, would you mind sharing that... thanks.

That wasn't my point. My point wasn't about this particular case, rather about the news and politicians on terrorism in general.

However... there isn't any evidence leading that he ISN'T associated with ISIS.

My own opinion on this is that he was influenced by the organisation rather being directly associated with it. Think about it - if ISIS didn't exist, there would be no massacres like the recent ones (Nice for example) and so this unstable person would not be influenced by it. And the fact that he is Iranian born.... well.
Original post by KingBradly
Kinda disgraceful how the regressive left leaped on some scraps of misinformation to make it appear that the shooter was a far-right nationalist.

Europe is in the midst of a radical Islam motivated onslaught, and the regressive left are clearly desperate to deflect attention away from it because it doesn't suit their irrelevant agenda, which is pretty unpleasant when you think about it. They're trying to divert attention away from a problem among an immigrant demographic which is killing hundreds and causing huge amounts of terror, to a reactionary problem with European culture/society which currently poses very little danger. It's sort of like a parent ignoring their child's cancer and focusing their attention on the fact that they sometimes get very unpleasant and destructive because of the hysteria the cancer causes. It was fairly obvious that it was never a far right attack. The Breivik attack was targeted at a particular group he was ideologically opposed to. The Joe Cox killing was perpertrated by someone who was ideologically opposed to her. It is Islamic terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it was fairly obvious who the perp was from the start.

Completely disagree. The information breaking at the time was unclear but it certaintly didnt appear to be an Islamist attack (Which it was not) .
Germany needs another Hitler

Instead they have a GLOBALIST puppet destroying us

Off with Merkels head, the ***** must die
Original post by DanGG
That wasn't my point. My point wasn't about this particular case, rather about the news and politicians on terrorism in general.

However... there isn't any evidence leading that he ISN'T associated with ISIS.

My own opinion on this is that he was influenced by the organisation rather being directly associated with it. Think about it - if ISIS didn't exist, there would be no massacres like the recent ones (Nice for example) and so this unstable person would not be influenced by it. And the fact that he is Iranian born.... well.

With or without Islam.. some mentally effed up fruitcake is going to go psycho every now and then (Elliot rodgers etc)

I have no idea why people are so desperate to link anything and everything to Islamic terrorism. You are playing the mouthbreathers leftist game of desperately trying to bend the reality and reason to your world view.

As if you dont have enough legitimate ammunition anyway lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
"ISIS do not represent Islam", as we are repeatedly told. Therefore, "No link to ISIS" does not mean "No link to Islam".

In this case, it looks like the only link to Islam is the possible sectarian bullying of a Shia kid by Sunni school mates (according to the Independent) which would refute any accusations of Islamist terrorism.

Can I have a link to this independent article.
Reply 111
Original post by Betelgeuse-
With or without Islam.. some mentally effed up fruitcake is going to go psycho every now and then (Elliot rodgers etc)

I have no idea why people are so desperate to link anything and everything to Islamic terrorism. You are playing the mouthbreathers leftist game of desperately trying to bend the reality and reason to your world view.

As if you dont have enough legitimate ammunition anyway lol

Firstly, I never said he was linked to Islamic terrorism. I said that he was influenced by the unending shootings and terror acts. You cannot deny that such frequent shootings will inspire those like him to do these things.

Secondly, the 'effed up fruitcakes' cases are rather rare (in comparison to terror acts). The fact that this teenager killed these people at this exact moment in time - the height of terror acts in Europe - makes me doubt his aim more than usual.

And also, my view is not the 'leftist game'. It is the opposite of what leftists want to acknowledge. And I am not 'desperate'. It is the media, and people like you who are desperate to shift the blame from religion to psychos. It is not unreasonable to link most things to Islamic terrorism because the vast majority of terrorist acts are linked to it. ISIS and a lot of the Middle East are our enemies... We fought them not so long ago. This IS the reality that I am appareantly 'bending'. So why is it unreasonable to doubt what the media gives us and see the Munich incident in a bit more context?
Okay, I will try and respond to the great deal of unintelligence and misinformation present through your post.

1) According to you the "regressive left" is trying to deflect from a terrorist immigrant demographic.
Oh yes. Because the Paris attack shooters Were all immigrants? No, most, including Abdesalam Salah, were born in France/ Europe.
The Charlie Hebdo shooters were also born in France.
The Brussel bombers were born in Brussels.
What Europe has is a war with ISIS. And as with war, there cannot be just one side.

2) You might want to polish up your English. Reactionary does not simply mean in reaction to. It refers to a repressive form of governance in reaction to change.

3) Are you trying to justify far right terrorism? By saying that it's just a reaction to 'Islamist' terrorism you are essentially saying it's justified?
Oh okay. So when so called Islamists kill in reaction to European war efforts against ISIS it is justified according to that logic. No? That's what I thought.

4) Do you actually know anything about terrorism? Because you are clearly clueless about the terrorists you mention.
The vast majority of Anders Breivik's victims were in fact white Europeans. Terrorists kill to make a point, who they kill sometimes is not relevant to intention, so long as they create havoc and attract attention to their intentions.

You amateurish attempt to appear sophisticated on the issue of terrorism makes you look pathetic.

"It is Islamist terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it is obvious who the perp was"
Watch out guys, we have an expert on Islamist terrorism within Europe. Never mind all the experts who have held off until they have a wider picture. KingBradley here has it all sorted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by MrSplash
Do you have any Muslim friends...
Most of mine are and there fine.
Don't generalize millions of people on the basis of...
But that is exactly what you did!
You generalised Muslims on the basis of your very limited experience. Behaviour that you just criticised someone eslse for.

Muslims are just like everyone else. They are individuals. You cannot judge the whole group on a tiny sample - whether that be good or bad.

However, you can judge the ideology that they subscribe to, just as you would with any other ideological group - be it EDL or SWP.
Reply 114
Original post by The Epicurean
Can I have a link to this independent article.
Can't find the Independent one ATM, but these Telegraph & Guardian ones contains the same info.
"It is now thought he targeted youngsters of “Turkish and Arab” origin, having claimed those groups had picked on him in school."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooting-german-iranian-gunman-targeted-children-outside/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/23/victims-of-munich-shooting-were-predominately-teenagers
Original post by QE2
Can't find the Independent one ATM, but these Telegraph & Guardian ones contains the same info.
"It is now thought he targeted youngsters of “Turkish and Arab” origin, having claimed those groups had picked on him in school."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooting-german-iranian-gunman-targeted-children-outside/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/23/victims-of-munich-shooting-were-predominately-teenagers

It also turns out he had an Afghan accomplice that helped him carry out the attack.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending