The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Postgrads 2016/17

Seems to be a dearth of any postgraduate activity on this forum, so thought I would start a thread for postgraduates starting in September.

Will be studying International Security and Terrorism.

Got an offer for Broadgate Park accommodation but due to costs I think I will decline it and get a house share somewhere near campus to save some money.

Anyone else?!?
Reply 1
MA in Education part-time. Live round the corner from Jubilee Campus. Even though only part-time, would still like to meet up with other postgrads and have a "uni" social life as well. Roll on 26th Sept :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by themattmc
MA in Education part-time. Live round the corner from Jubilee Campus. Even though only part-time, would still like to meet up with other postgrads and have a "uni" social life as well. Roll on 26th Sept :smile:

I'm not really sure what the postgraduate community is really like? i
Reply 3
Original post by themattmc

I'm not really sure what the postgraduate community is really like? I have had a look on fb and the UoN websites but cant seem to find anything.

Will probably just join a society or something to get involved, especially if I decide to not live in halls. Which I probably will do as I really dont fancy a halls environment as a postgrad!
I'll be staying at Cloister house, still a hall, but its postgrad only, and really small so hopefully won't be the same experience I had as an undergrad in halls!
Reply 5
Original post by SuperSeagullery
I'll be staying at Cloister house, still a hall, but its postgrad only, and really small so hopefully won't be the same experience I had as an undergrad in halls!

When I applied Cloister wasnt an option so I assume it had filled up!! Pretty annoying but I'll be getting a house share in Beeston I think.

What are you studying?
Are you sure its full? I didn't think it was that popular. Can't say for this year, but last year they had empty rooms mid year. I'm doing postgraduate research in the risk and reliability centre, you?
Reply 7
Original post by SuperSeagullery
Are you sure its full? I didn't think it was that popular. Can't say for this year, but last year they had empty rooms mid year. I'm doing postgraduate research in the risk and reliability centre, you?

When I went online to apply it wasnt an option so I assume its full? When did you apply?

And international security.
Reply 8
Hi All,
MSc in Psychological Research Methods. I have just this week sorted myself a nice flat in Beeston. Can't wait to get there and start now. Seems like I have been waiting ages to get going!
Reply 9
Original post by bug0_0
Hi All,
MSc in Psychological Research Methods. I have just this week sorted myself a nice flat in Beeston. Can't wait to get there and start now. Seems like I have been waiting ages to get going!

How did you find flat hunting in Beeston? Went to look at a few this weekend but found nothing suitable!

Going mad on spareroom.com to try and get a flat sorted ASAP!
Reply 10
It was hard! Especially as I have a cat. But things went better when I actually went there. The main street has looooooads of agents so I went to every one. Robert Ellis sorted me out in the end and they were great. There is a mega trendy one I forget the name of, but they were rubbish. Also, try Gumtree. There are a few on there. But if you are after a share, maybe put an ad on Gumtree. I did that and got a few replies.
Reply 11
Hi I'm a postgrad too, I'll be studying Critical Theory and Politics. Looking for accommodation at the moment and it's a headache haha. Guessing you're with school of politics and IR - might see you on one of our optional modules!
waiting to hear back about a phd!

Hi everyone!
Hi all, I'm studying MSc in Computer Science and will be living in the city centre - looking forward to starting the course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending