The Student Room Group

If/when you get married who would you like to walk the down the aisle?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tootles
Your mum should do it if your dad can't. Definitely shouldn't be your fiancé, as the whole point is that you're being symbolically delivered to him.

I m not too bothered about any of the symbolism really, I wouldn't have an aisle to walk down at all if any venues didn't have them. I ll speak to mum and see how she feels about it :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
I m not too bothered about any of the symbolism really, I wouldn't have an aisle to walk down at all if any venues didn't have them. I ll speak to mum and see how she feels about it :smile:
Oh, I thought you were talking about a wedding.

Do it how you want, then.
Original post by Tootles
Oh, I thought you were talking about a wedding.

Do it how you want, then.

I am, but why do I have to go with tradition and symbolism :tongue: weddings don't have to have aisles all the time.
Yes but the cake, is being replaced by a stack of krispy kreme doughnuts, much more yummy, much more us (it's a regular haunt for us) and more filling for all the guests to eat than a small piece of wedding cake (not to mention great value for money) :smile: I mean doesnt this look so tasty?

You're right it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, although i have managed not to cry the past couple of events where i'd miss my dad (i've yet to get too unhappy that i couldn't tell him yesterday) but at least brides crying at their weddings is pretty normal if i do end up doing so:P

Oh my Lord please invite me to your wedding.
Reply 44
I have my own legs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Congratulations!
That cake looks incredible, I'm sure it'll be a huge hit :smile:

Despite the fact that both of my parents are alive and present, I'd actually prefer to have my mum walk down the aisle with me. I'd prefer not to walk alone (too scary for me!!), and I'm closest with my mum.
Mum recently walked her twin sister down the aisle, so i guess we're a pretty non-traditional family :biggrin:

The idea of walking down with your fiance sounds wonderful if you're considering it. It means that you're no longer being 'given away' like you're property. Both of you walking together would show solidarity, symbolising you walking to your new married life together, united :h:
Probably ask @thunder_chunky

I don't have parents.
Probably my mum considering my dad isn't really close to me and hasn't been for the last 22 years of my life
^^
I've very recently gotten engaged and one thing i m really unsure about is who to ask (if anyone) to walk me down the aisle, as my father passed away when i was 9. I m considering either asking my mum and sister or doing it alone or getting my fiancee to walk me.
(I know like many life events i m going to miss my dad not being but i don't know if doing it alone will make it more painful).
So i thought I'd ask tsr who they want to walk them or if you want to forget that tradition entirely?

Not your future husband, mother or sister is a good idea, or a good male family member???
Original post by IronicalMan
Not your future husband, mother or sister is a good idea, or a good male family member???

I m not close to any of my male relatives really, so mum and my sister is more likely.
^^
I've very recently gotten engaged and one thing i m really unsure about is who to ask (if anyone) to walk me down the aisle, as my father passed away when i was 9. I m considering either asking my mum and sister or doing it alone or getting my fiancee to walk me.
(I know like many life events i m going to miss my dad not being but i don't know if doing it alone will make it more painful).
So i thought I'd ask tsr who they want to walk them or if you want to forget that tradition entirely?

Congratulations.

Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Probably ask @thunder_chunky

I don't have parents.

Should that day ever come, I would be honoured. . :hat2:
Original post by torilee
Congratulations!
That cake looks incredible, I'm sure it'll be a huge hit :smile:

Despite the fact that both of my parents are alive and present, I'd actually prefer to have my mum walk down the aisle with me. I'd prefer not to walk alone (too scary for me!!), and I'm closest with my mum.
Mum recently walked her twin sister down the aisle, so i guess we're a pretty non-traditional family :biggrin:

The idea of walking down with your fiance sounds wonderful if you're considering it. It means that you're no longer being 'given away' like you're property. Both of you walking together would show solidarity, symbolising you walking to your new married life together, united :h:

I really don't like the symbolism that giving away had attached to it so doing it together would feel much more equal really:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending