The Student Room Group

*Breaking* Migrant kills woman in southern Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
While "racist" is not perfectly suitable for my use here, it's the best available word. Bigoted refers to views held, which is not my point, and xenophobic refers to fear of outsiders, which is also not what I am after.
I am using racist to mean valuing the lives of people from a certain country more than those from other places, had I known a different, more suitable word I would have used it.

When everything is "waycist, waycist" nothing is. The word means nothing any more.

You know how antibiotics are ceasing to be effective because they have been over prescribed, often needlessly, and bacteria are becoming immune?

That is the correct analogy for SJW's endlessly playing the race card in their attempts to shut down free speech. Anything which goes against their failing diversity, let in all the refugees in who want to come, agenda.

You even admit it is totally inappropriate but can't help yourself.

Laughable.
Original post by generallee
When everything is "waycist, waycist" nothing is. The word means nothing any more.

You know how antibiotics are ceasing to be effective because they have been over prescribed, often needlessly, and bacteria are becoming immune?

That is the correct analogy for SJW's endlessly playing the race card in their attempts to shut down free speech. Anything which goes against their failing diversity, let in all the refugees in who want to come, agenda.

Laughable.

That antibiotics example is brilliant, I am going to steal it:biggrin:.
Original post by generallee

Laughable.

Also, from wikipedia:
Race:
First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations

So in fact it is the correct word.
Original post by oShahpo
Don't be stupid, the word racist conveys the meaning I was after. The word race is very poorly defined, but any idiot could've understood that the race I was talking about is "Germans".
I don't even hold that agenda, what an idiotic remark.

In fact, it's you right wing "intelligensia" who keep calling every one SJW and Cucks and whatever stupid words you come up with to discredit anyone who disagrees with you even if they are on your own side.

Let me get this straight, because I think saying that a German life is worth more than a non-German life is racist, I want all refugees in the world to come into Europe? Do you realise how stupid and retarded you sound?

The internet is filled with degenerates these days..

Edit: What would you call someone who thinks every Canadian is a low-life, for example?

Germans are not a race, it is a nationality. Words have meanings, learn them.
Original post by The_Opinion
Germans are not a race, it is a nationality. Words have meanings, learn them.

Okay, fine. You're a nativist then, right?
Original post by oShahpo
Okay, fine. You're a nativist then, right?

Depends on what you mean by nativist.

As it is hard to understand what you mean, as by your own admission, you use words incorrectly.
Depends on what you mean by nativist.

As it is hard to understand what you mean, as by your own admission, you use words incorrectly.

It's not because of my ignorance, but because the word racist is so poorly defined.
Nativism is:
The policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.
Original post by oShahpo
It's not because of my ignorance, but because the word racist is so poorly defined.
Nativism is:
The policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.

The term race is clearly defined, ignorant people just don't know how to use it properly.

If you are using that definition, yes, I would say I am, the vast majority of people are.
Original post by viffer
I think that is a good analogy. As it is, the migrants on the boats probably realise that they have the Italian Coast Guard boats to bail them out (pun intended) so continue to be willing to risk 'it' in the hope of a better life.

However, I'm not sure that The_Opinion's suggestion of sacrificing a few boat loads to deter them from casting off is necessarily a good idea.

No I agree im not advocating sinking their boats, i am advocating taking them back to whatever land they left from and if that circumvents some internatonal law, then tough tits.. the big guns need to pull their finger out and recognise they need to be flexible to the problem
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
He is right, you are wrong. Your analogy only works if by hospital, you mean free house, free car, free money and immeasurably better life.

If you turn back the boats and and deny those on them the spoils they had risked everything for were not going to materialise, there would be no incentive for millions more to follow

Honestly its not hard, I cant fathom why so many cannot grasp this so let me give you a proper analogy.

Imagine here in the UK, there is a train track. - Every 10 seconds two train flies past, persons who manage to cross this wide track and succesfully get to the other side earn themselves £2m pounds. The money only appears if the person starts the cross after the 10 second window starts and the approaching trains are bearing down on them.

Many people would take it on, many people would fail and die.Many would be successful. Remove the £2m reward and people will no longer risk it and thus lives saved

Except that's not how humans fleeing war do risk analysis. You failed to mention the snakes and crocodiles on the platform; people will cross regardless of the 2 mil reward.
Wow, you prefer thousands of people to die at sea, what a disgusting person you appear to be.

Except you have no epistemological justification to support your absurd consequentialism.

A ghoul advocating murder calling me disgusting. You couldn't make it up!
Original post by blah3210
Except that's not how humans fleeing war do risk analysis. You failed to mention the snakes and crocodiles on the platform; people will cross regardless of the 2 mil reward.

Except they wouldnt, why would they cross the dangerous track that now has snakes and crocodiles when they could just walk east of the track and accept the food, water, aid, and refuge laid on for them until the world can resolve Syria?

Perhaps its because sitting in a camp for a couple of years is a sh it standard of liviing when you could be living a great life in Germany for free

Its almost like you think these places in Turkey have swathes of ISIS soldiers chasing them to the waters edge as they desperately scramble aboard a ship to safety. Infact, they network with smugglers and pay them a couple of thousand Euros for a shot at the good life
(edited 7 years ago)
Except you have no epistemological justification to support your absurd consequentialism.

A ghoul advocating murder calling me disgusting. You couldn't make it up!

Yes, you couldn't make it up, you would rather 100 die by doing nothing than kill 10 in order to save 90. What a disgusting attitude to human life you have.
Except they wouldnt, why would they cross the dangerous track that now has snakes and crocodiles when they could just walk east of the track and accept the food, water, aid, and refuge laid on for them until the world can resolve Syria?

Perhaps its because sitting in a camp for a couple of years is a sh it standard of liviing when you could be living a great life in Germany for free

Crocodiles and snakes are on platform they're trying to escape from, not the track. The refugees are fleeing a war; they're going to risk it regardless of who's going to be there to intercept their boats. Again, you're simplistic proposals fail to take into account how distressed humans do risk analysis.

It's okay, **** humanitarianism. Who cares if millions die, as long as they don't inconvenience us, civilised people right?
Yes, you couldn't make it up, you would rather 100 die by doing nothing than kill 10 in order to save 90. What a disgusting attitude to human life you have.

More simplistic consequentialism advocating murder. What else would you expect from a far-right nationalist who's prepared to deliberately kill innocent men, women and children? How vile. But I'm sure you wear that as a badge of honour now. Luckily we have sane people in charge who don't share your murderous tendencies. Even the BNP didn't go that low.
Crocodiles and snakes are on platform they're trying to escape from, not the track. The refugees are fleeing a war; they're going to risk it regardless of who's going to be there to intercept their boats. Again, you're simplistic proposals fail to take into account how distressed humans do risk analysis.

It's okay, **** humanitarianism. Who cares if millions die, as long as they don't inconvenience us, civilised people right?

No No.. crocodiles and snakes ARE NOT on the platform... crocodiles and snakes are about 300 miles away from the platform with the worlds 4th largest military in between (In most cases)

The same for why these migrants dont stop in bulgaria or Greece or anywhere that is not a rich welfare country. You are being so naive and not understanding what is actually happening.

Distressed humans? Again you are actually sounding like you think these people coming over on boats are being hunted down and have been chased to the waters edge and jumped in a boat. That is not what is happening. They flee Syria to Turkey and Lebanon where they are safe from the war. Their prospects however are bleak and they Merkel invited them for the good life in Germany so many who could duly took her up on the offer and sought out the nearest smuggler with a dinghy and payed them hundreds if not thousands of pounds

**** huminatarinism? You are the one who is failing to understand the situation and who's beliefs are exasperating the number dying. You are not being humane by enticing hungry people with a pot of honey and an invitation when they have to cross a 10ft ravine to get the rewards
(edited 7 years ago)
No No.. crocodiles and snakes ARE NOT on the platform... crocodiles and snakes are about 300 miles away from the platform with the worlds 4th largest military in between (In most cases)

The same for why these migrants dont stop in bulgaria or Greece or anywhere that is not a rich welfare country. You are being so naive and not understanding what is actually happening.

Distressed humans? Again you are actually sounding like you think these people coming over on boats are being hunted down and have been chased to the waters edge and jumped in a boat. That is not what is happening. They flee Syria to Turkey and Lebanon where they are safe from the war. Their prospects however are bleak and they Merkel invited them for the good life in Germany so many who could duly took her up on the offer and sought out the nearest smuggler with a dinghy and payed them hundreds if not thousands of pounds

**** huminatarinism? You are the one who is failing to understand the situation and who's beliefs are exasperating the number dying. You are not being humane by enticing hungry people with a pot of honey and an invitation when they have to cross a 10ft ravine to get the rewards

Thank you very much for the geography lesson(!) So it's confirmed, you have no understanding of risk analysis. Please join The_Opinion up there, I'm sure you fine, privileged gentlemen must be just as distressed as the refugees travelling hundreds of miles and risking their lives to a escape war-torn country in search for a better life. Let's scrap the search and rescue missions and instead kill the poor people at sea lest they come over and inconvenience us!

Yeah, **** humanitarianism indeed. The idea that we should help millions of people in dire situations is an outdated, idiotic moral axiom given that a dozen or so Germans have died or raped by these pesky refugees! We should shoot refugees at the border to deter more of them coming to our countries! Why should we help refugees when other poorer countries can take care of them right?
Thank you very much for the geography lesson(!) So it's confirmed, you have no understanding of risk analysis. Please join The_Opinion up there, I'm sure you fine, privileged gentlemen must be just as distressed as the refugees travelling hundreds of miles and risking their lives to a escape war-torn country in search for a better life. Let's scrap the search and rescue missions and instead kill the poor people at sea lest they come over and inconvenience us!

Yeah, **** humanitarianism indeed. The idea that we should help millions of people in dire situations is an outdated, idiotic moral axiom given that a dozen or so Germans have died or raped by these pesky refugees! We should shoot refugees at the border to deter more of them coming to our countries! Why should we help refugees when other poorer countries can take care of them right?

Yeah the minute u continue with ridiculous strawmen whilst ignoring everything i am saying in previous posts is the moment I know you have no interest in reason or open minded discussion. You are simply looking to denigrate and antagonise others for something you erroneously see as their fault

I await your tears the next time a boat laden with children sink in the med and you say "WHYY ISSS THIISS HAPPENINGGG" - Stay ignorant and myopic my friend, you the man!
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah the minute u continue with ridiculous strawmen whilst ignoring everything i am saying in previous posts is the moment I know you have no interest in reason or open minded discussion

I await your tears the next time a boat laden with children sink in the med and you say "WHYY ISSS THIISS HAPPENINGGG" - Stay ignorant and myopic my friend, you the man!

I'm not ignoring what you're saying at all. We need to save lives, so let's sink a few boats and kill people! If they still take the risk of travelling (which they will), we can always shoot them at the border! I take my hat off to your reasonable and open-minded proposals. Why should we waste money on expanding search and rescue teams when we can save lives by shooting a few boats?

hey man I'm on your side, I think we should kick a few refugee asses and show them who's boss!
No I agree im not advocating sinking their boats, i am advocating taking them back to whatever land they left from and if that circumvents some internatonal law, then tough tits.. the big guns need to pull their finger out and recognise they need to be flexible to the problem

I'm not ignoring what you're saying at all. We need to save lives, so let's sink a few boats and kill people! If they still take the risk of travelling (which they will), we can always shoot them at the border! I take my hat off to your reasonable and open-minded proposals. Why should we waste money on expanding search and rescue teams when we can save lives by shooting a few boats?

hey man I'm on your side, I think we should kick a few refugee asses and show them who's boss!

Thanks for playing, good game

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending