The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by emiloujess
I was already doubting it, purely because I'd never looked at Advertising courses before and this one has a year in industry. She just added to it. :angry: At least I don't live with her haha
well at the end of the day I'm sure you know what's best for you and what you will prefer. Just ignore her?
Original post by Aph
well at the end of the day I'm sure you know what's best for you and what you will prefer. Just ignore her?

I don't, that's the issue :tongue:
Reply 1222
I don't, that's the issue :tongue:

Then act like you do :tongue: and then you'll fool yourself into thinking that you do.
Original post by Aph
Then act like you do :tongue: and then you'll fool yourself into thinking that you do.

How :tongue: I want to say Bournemouth because of the year in employment but I've had my heart set on Cardiff for so long and I have to wonder how credible I'd look changing my mind about my course AGAIN.
Reply 1224
How :tongue: I want to say Bournemouth because of the year in employment but I've had my heart set on Cardiff for so long and I have to wonder how credible I'd look changing my mind about my course AGAIN.

Employers won't know that you changed your mind. You are going to Bournemouth aren't you? If so don't think about it until you go. Because you'll never know until you go and you might hate it. Also when you are there let your mum give options but don't let her convince you one way or another.
Original post by Aph
Employers won't know that you changed your mind. You are going to Bournemouth aren't you? If so don't think about it until you go. Because you'll never know until you go and you might hate it. Also when you are there let your mum give options but don't let her convince you one way or another.

Yeah I'm thinking more about my Nan and my college teachers - I know that I've left but I don't want to disappoint them. Yeah, on the 17th if everything goes to plan :smile: It's so hard not to think about though because I've got nothing else to do :tongue:

I will brush her opinions off if I don't like it... it's if I like it and then get into Cardiff that worries me!
Reply 1226
Yeah I'm thinking more about my Nan and my college teachers - I know that I've left but I don't want to disappoint them. Yeah, on the 17th if everything goes to plan :smile: It's so hard not to think about though because I've got nothing else to do :tongue:

I will brush her opinions off if I don't like it... it's if I like it and then get into Cardiff that worries me!

I'm sure your nan will love you no matter what :smile:
I know that feeling :frown: university summer holidays are the main thing I'm dreading!!!

And don't worry about it until it happens.
Original post by Aph
I'm sure your nan will love you no matter what :smile:
I know that feeling :frown: university summer holidays are the main thing I'm dreading!!!

And don't worry about it until it happens.

At least when you're in uni you get your results in July. I'm planning on getting a job while I'm at uni as well.
Reply 1228
At least when you're in uni you get your results in July. I'm planning on getting a job while I'm at uni as well.

Unless you have to resit and you get August exams :frown: and I'm pretty much looking to get summer research placements in the uni every year.
Original post by Aph
Unless you have to resit and you get August exams :frown: and I'm pretty much looking to get summer research placements in the uni every year.

Nooooo don't jinx us :frown: At least it's something to do AND it will be useful! :biggrin:
Reply 1230
Nooooo don't jinx us :frown: At least it's something to do AND it will be useful! :biggrin:

Sorry :colondollar:
It requires being selected but yeah.
Original post by Aph
Sorry :colondollar:
It requires being selected but yeah.

Try your best and I'm sure you will be selected :smile:
I am soo stressed like literally:frown: i cant even help but think about results day:/
Original post by Ayaz789
I am soo stressed like literally:frown: i cant even help but think about results day:/

Same I look at my countdown everyday. I just feel ill will be in calm once I got em
Original post by Sugar_1998
Same I look at my countdown everyday. I just feel ill will be in calm once I got em

Yeahh samee , i just feel so ill:frown: i really need help with lifee
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh samee , i just feel so ill:frown: i really need help with lifee

its so scary how close it is now like july is gonna be over this time next week -__-
Original post by Ayaz789

yhhhh man constant panic thoughts flowing around my brain
Try not to get too worked up about it all. You probably have doubts about Cardiff because you keep thinking you haven't got the grades. Go look at Bournemouth but keep an open mind. There will probably still be spaces in clearing after results day if things don't go to plan - but chances are if you get accepted into Cardiff all your doubts will disappear. Keep smiling :smile:
It's not TSR, it's my mother who is supposed to be HELPING ME KEEP CALM!

She's just spent the last 15 minutes listing all the reasons why Cardiff is wrong for me and I should ditch it even if by some miracle I achieve the grades. She's convinced that the Bournemouth Advertising course is perfect for me (how she came to this conclusion I do not know and she will not explain).

All this when I already have my own doubts :frown:
Decided to look at the edexcel mark schemes, my resit doesn't seem to have gone well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Decided to look at the edexcel mark schemes, my resit doesn't seem to have gone well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked at the c4 one and a few numbers seemed familiar but idk whether i did write them down in the exam or whether they're familiar because they were on the unofficial mark schemes so now i really don't know what to think ahh

Quick Reply