The Student Room Group

Do you still remember what you learned in your GCSEs?

I mean, they were mostly little facts.

Scroll to see replies

I couldn't remember the content when I was actually sitting my GCSEs, let alone 2 months after :biggrin:
Not for most subjects, nope. Barely remember my A-Level subjects either anymore.
Original post by usycool1
Not for most subjects, nope. Barely remember my A-Level subjects either anymore.

Getting old I see :mmm:
Original post by Slowbro93
Getting old I see :mmm:

What's that, sonny? :shakecane:
Reply 5
Original post by surina16
I couldn't remember the content when I was actually sitting my GCSEs, let alone 2 months after :biggrin:

Oh dear. I wish you the best for your results then!
I did my GCSEs around 3 years ago now, I barely remember any of the content! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by usycool1

Do you remember your A Level Biology?
I think I would barely pass now! I remember next to nothing about my GCSEs. My a levels were only last year and there are terms last year that I knew and could recite quite easily and I have no idea what the mean now.
Basically you cram all the information into your short term memory to forget it as soon as the exam is done.
Reply 9
Random little bits. Like how longshore drift works lol.
Reply 10
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Random little bits. Like how longshore drift works lol.

Did you do Of Mice and Men or An Inspector Calls?
Reply 11
Original post by tianshan
Did you do Of Mice and Men or An Inspector Calls?

I did both
Yes I remember it. In the process of trying to forget the subjects I don't need.
Original post by tianshan
I mean, they were mostly little facts.

I only remember Lennie having his brain blown out by George
nope lol ; what a waste of time that was
Original post by Raizelcadres
I only remember Lennie having his brain blown out by George

most accurate post of the day ; congrats
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I did both

ah i did those two as well ; got a c in the exam cause my teacher told us that ' we knew of mice and men ' and hence didn't really teach us how to write essays and we didn't even do a single mock before the exam either ....
Not really, only tiny bits here and there.
Original post by Lkathryn08
I think I would barely pass now! I remember next to nothing about my GCSEs. My a levels were only last year and there are terms last year that I knew and could recite quite easily and I have no idea what the mean now.
Basically you cram all the information into your short term memory to forget it as soon as the exam is done.

I learnt over 20 essays for psychology word-for-word and can't remember a single word of any of them now lool ; thanks AQA
Reply 19
Original post by fefssdf
ah i did those two as well ; got a c in the exam cause my teacher told us that ' we knew of mice and men ' and hence didn't really teach us how to write essays and we didn't even do a single mock before the exam either ....

Damn, and I thought our teacher was a bit poor. :redface: To be fair she also taught us at A Level and did nothing while four of us just played cod5 at the back during every Wife of Bath lesson..

Quick Reply

Latest