The Student Room Group

UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
You didn't ask about this 1 person you were talking about this one person with your question you talked about people who think the wrong thing 'racists'

He's been to prison and it didn't help him let's send him to prison again that will definitely solve the problem.

Yes, I am talking about his one person.

Well, some people are psychopaths or racists and will never learn. He clearly falls into this category.
Drug use requires an action

Well this guy wasn't arrested for thinking about bacon.

and I'm not in favour of a ban.

Come join my crusade then.
Original post by DorianGrayism

Well, some people are psychopaths or racists and will never learn. He clearly falls into this category.

He is entitled to those beliefs even if they are wrong but I would prefer the community to benefit from any conviction no one was physically hurt so let him go round picking up rubbish in the streets rather than send him to prison.
He is entitled to those beliefs even if they are wrong but I would prefer the community to benefit from any conviction no one was physically hurt so let him go round picking up rubbish in the streets rather than send him to prison.

I didn't say that he isn't entitled to stupid beliefs. No one is jailing him for his beliefs or thought crime.

He is being jailed for going racial hatred and has a history of racial hatred .

No thanks. He will probably racially abuse someone else whilst picking rubbish up. I wouldn't even trust him with that.

Wow, listen to the "hang em! flog em!" guy. :biggrin:

I thought you sopping wet lefties were always intoning, "prison doesn't work?" "too many people are sent to prison, it does no good?" "Prison should rehabilitate!" Ya de ya?

Inside every liberal is a totalitarian fighting to get out, as they say. :smile:

Whatever. The point you need to consider, if you are at all thoughtful, is whether this will actually solve the problem.

A very good case could be made that actions like this (because they are perceived as one sided with the racism only going one way) are going to make race relations a whole lot worse.

The very opposite of what I assume you intend.

Ifc he cna gace those believes its where they incite others to or actually interfere with someones right to go about their normal life in peace. Part of the law is deterrence and the judge has merely applied the sentencing guidelines.

These people had no right to abuse, intimidate or interfere with others and their freedom to practice their chosen religion. Its a serious infringement and not something you can laugh off. Hopefully the fact the law shows it takes such intimidation seriously will deter other idiots from trying it on and taking it further..
Original post by generallee
Wow, listen to the "hang em! flog em!" guy. :biggrin:

I thought you sopping wet lefties were always intoning, "prison doesn't work?" "too many people are sent to prison, it does no good?" "Prison should rehabilitate!" Ya de ya?

Inside every liberal is a totalitarian fighting to get out, as they say. :smile:

Whatever. The point you need to consider, if you are at all thoughtful, is whether this will actually solve the problem.

A very good case could be made that actions like this (because they are perceived as one sided with the racism only going one way) are going to make race relations a whole lot worse.

The very opposite of what I assume you intend.

Not on the left. On the right.

As I said before, some people are psychopaths. You want these dangerous racists out on the street. That is the reason why he could do this again.
Original post by 999tigger
Ifc he cna gace those believes its where they incite others to or actually interfere with someones right to go about their normal life in peace. Part of the law is deterrence and the judge has merely applied the sentencing guidelines.

These people had no right to abuse, intimidate or interfere with others and their freedom to practice their chosen religion. Its a serious infringement and not something you can laugh off. Hopefully the fact the law shows it takes such intimidation seriously will deter other idiots from trying it on and taking it further..

Community service is actually seen as a severe sentence in law.

No it isnt.

No it isnt. A custodial sentence marks a clear boundaty as to how serious the law treats an incident.
No it isnt.

Yes it is, people on the streets don't see it as such but the courts do.

A custodial sentence is for the most serious of crimes.
Yes it is, people on the streets don't see it as such but the courts do.

A custodial sentence is for the most serious of crimes.

Gonna be a bit pointless trying to talk sense to you. Go and look at the judges summing up. You answered your own point. The judge views incitement to racial hatred as a serious crime that deserves dealing with by more than litter picking. Thats why he gave such a sentence.
Gonna be a bit pointless trying to talk sense to you. Go and look at the judges summing up. You answered your own point. The judge views incitement to racial hatred as a serious crime that deserves dealing with by more than litter picking. Thats why he gave such a sentence.

And I disagree with that view in this case.

Of course you do. You've probably never experienced racism.
Original post by blah3210
Of course you do. You've probably never experienced racism.

I've been the victim of racism on this forum, unless you decide to use the power + privilege false definition of racism.
Original post by BaconandSauce
deserves to be punished but 9 months!

But we don't know these peoples history so perhaps it was a fair sentence

Can't imagine why people think you're a horrible racist 🤔
I've been the victim of racism on this forum, unless you decide to use the power + privilege false definition of racism.

ROFL. Did you report it to the police?

OH wait....no.

But then you dont see racial and religious abuse as a serious crime. The judge fortunately applied the law.

People should be allowed to go about their daily life free from abuse and persecution due to race or religion.

Lmao, someone said something mean to you online and you think you know what racism feels like. You couldn't make it up! Have you also been a victim of heterophobia? :rofl:
ROFL. Did you report it to the police?

OH wait....no.

No I did not, I reported it to the mods who took it down, why would I waste police time because some idiot said something on the Internet?

Quick Reply