The Student Room Group

UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
I've been the victim of racism on this forum, unless you decide to use the power + privilege false definition of racism.

Did you report it to the forum?
Did you report it to the police?
Original post by blah3210
Lmao, someone said something mean to you online and you think you know what racism feels like. You couldn't make it up! Have you also been a victim of heterophobia? :rofl:

Someone said something racist to me online yes, how is that not experiencing racism?
Original post by 999tigger
Did you report it to the forum?
Did you report it to the police?

Forum yes, police no.
It was racist but I did not think it was worthy of police time.
Someone said something racist to me online yes, how is that not experiencing racism?

I'm mocking your comparison of an instance of predudice online and the very real racism minorities experience.
Forum yes, police no.
It was racist but I did not think it was worthy of police time.

What did the forum say?

If it had been serious then you would have reported it to the police. Its a bit lame trying to suggest your experience of racism is anything like the abuse these people have experienced

I just find it funny how you cant see how disgusting it is that people arent allowed to go about following their own religion lawfully, free from the fear of racism or abuse.
What did the forum say?

If it had been serious then you would have reported it to the police. Its a bit lame trying to suggest your experience of racism is anything like the abuse these people have experienced

I just find it funny how you cant see how disgusting it is that people arent allowed to go about following their own religion lawfully, free from the fear of racism or abuse.

They removed the comment.

I am not saying that this case in comparable ideas responding to the suggestion that I have never encountered it, like I said that wasn't close to being enough to report to the police whereas this was bad enough that I would support community service which the courts see as a severe penalty.
Original post by blah3210
I'm mocking your comparison of an instance of predudice online and the very real racism minorities experience.

I was told I've never experienced racism I did not say it was comparable to this case.
Original post by StrawbAri
Can't imagine why people think you're a horrible racist 🤔

because most people are idiots who confuse faith with race
They removed the comment.

I am not saying that this case in comparable ideas responding to the suggestion that I have never encountered it, like I said that wasn't close to being enough to report to the police whereas this was bad enough that I would support community service which the courts see as a severe penalty.

Any crime comes with sentencing guidelines.
The judge applied those guidelines after having reports. The man was already in trouble and had banning orders due to football hooliganism.

They were charged under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s31.
Racially/religiously aggravated intentional harassment/alarm/distress

They pleaded guilty. The sentence is up to 2 years imprisonment.

Go and look it up.
Reply 149
Banter init
Reply 150
Wth lol I don't care what religion or beliefs you have, or what the victim's religion or beliefs are, if you are harassing and verbally abusing people you deserve to be jailed. Same if it were reversed and the Muslims egged a church and shouted abuse at the vicar.
Original post by IYGB
Disgraceful decision
More arsekissing
(I will not say to who)

How cryptic :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree with the decision. The act was clearly carried out with the intent to cause distress to people based on their religion. We cannot allow this to be normalised. Yes, there are people - particilarly Muslims - who seem to think that debating and arguing against their particular brand of dogma counts as a hate crime due to their ridiculous sensitivities but this is far more than that. This thuggish behaviour has no place in a civilised society. It's vandalism based on religious discrimination and we shouldn't stand for it.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Clearly our government has it's priorities in check, 'we needs to fight Islamophobia to stop Muslims killing us' seems to be the sentiment. Maybe if we bend over far enough to institutionalize their religious laws they wont feel the need to by violence.

Yet Muslim rapists have gotten off with nothing, claiming cultural ignorance, for attacking young girls. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268395/Adil-Rashid-Paedophile-claimed-Muslim-upbringing-meant-didnt-know-illegal-sex-girl-13.html

" Two men have been jailed over an attack on a mosque in Bristol in which bacon was tied to door handles and abuse was shouted at a worshipper. "

"Kevin Crehan, of Springleaze, Knowle, has been jailed for a year, while Mark Bennett, of Spruce Way, Patchway, was given a nine-month sentence for his role in the disturbance at the Jamia Mosque in Green Street, Totterdown, earlier this year.Crehan, 34, and 48-year-old Bennett were convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence, as were Alison Bennett, also of Spruce Way, Patchway, and Angelina Swales, of West Town Avenue, Brislington,At Bristol Crown Court today Alison Bennett, 46, was given a six-month suspended sentence, while 31-year-old Swales was given a four-month suspended jail term."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/two-jailed-over-bristol-mosque-bacon-attack/story-29534352-detail/story.html

Who posts an article from the Daily Mail and expects anyone to take them seriously?
Original post by MildredMalone
Why should putting food near a building be an arrestable offense?

You're letting yourself down here....
No I did not, I reported it to the mods who took it down, why would I waste police time because some idiot said something on the Internet?

So....you have no evidence that you were racially abused.
Original post by DorianGrayism
So....you have no evidence that you were racially abused.

Honestly no I do not, I thought I took a screenshot of it but I mustn't have and yes I do know what this looks like and I wouldn't believe me either in this situation.
I remember who it was though it was tsr's resident black racist princepaul someone who openly called for a race war
Reply 156
This will only turn more and more of us moderates into extremists. Perhaps that's what the powers that be want. Dick move :dry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp4
This will only turn more and more of us moderates into extremists. Perhaps that's what the powers that be want. Dick move :dry:

Why would it turn anyone into an extremist? Its more likely to deter you moderate racists and religious haters away from doing such stupid things once yopu realise its not acceptable and you will be jailed.
Reply 158
Why would it turn anyone into an extremist?
If moderates see the establishment going after those protesting to bloody insurrection rather than the insurgents themselves then the only logical outcome is growing fears and frustrations

Its more likely to deter you moderate racists and religious haters away from doing such stupid things once yopu realise its not acceptable and you will be jailed
1) You don't know me

2) You assume too much

3) True patriots will never be deterred from doing their duty to protect their people. I'd sooner face a firing squad than sell out
Original post by Foo.mp4
If moderates see the establishment going after those protesting to bloody insurrection rather than the insurgents themselves then the only logical outcome is growing fears and frustrations

1) You don't know me

2) You assume too much

3) True patriots will never be deterred from doing their duty to protect their people. I'd sooner face a firing squad than sell out

They arent just protesting though, they are taking action.
Abusing, harassing and inciting is a bit more than protesting.
You call them moderates and thats why they got a moderate sentence.
If your extremists wnat to take it further they will get a more serious sentence.

People have the right to worship their own religion in peace without harassment and abuse from others. The idea that true patriots racially/religiously abuse and harass innocent people is sickening. Thats why these people were jailed and so should anyone else who cant respect the law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending