The Student Room Group

looking for a job

hello people,

I am currently applying for summer jobs/part time but I keep getting rejected or no replies yet, which I am getting really annoyed about. Is there any retail stores/cafes that employ 16 year olds that have left year 11?

If there are any suggestions, that would be great, thanks
Sign up for job alerts at supermarkets in your area, they send you an email when a positions has opened up. Failing that just go into any shop/café with your CV and ask if they have any openings. It can be frustrating when you get no breaks, but keep trying you'll find one eventually. Good Luck:smile:
Original post by jemnyokun14
hello people,

I am currently applying for summer jobs/part time but I keep getting rejected or no replies yet, which I am getting really annoyed about. Is there any retail stores/cafes that employ 16 year olds that have left year 11?

Mcdonalds
Reply 3
indeed.co.uk is really good to find part-time jobs in your area. McDonalds (though I know you've already applied) and Co-op often employ teenagers too. Good luck :smile:
Tesco have absolutely no problem with employing 16-year-olds too, and the same with many independent local retailers/cafes etc
as a teenager, I'd say stick more with local shops and cafes. Out of my friends, 2 of us work in cafes and 3 work in pubs, all as waitresses. I didn't even hand in my CV, I just called them up having seen a facebook post and they invited me in and said "can you start on sunday?" Family run places are best if possible
Original post by jemnyokun14
hello people,

It's quite late to get a summer job now, as many people secure theirs by April/May. If you aren't successful during the summer then you might want to start looking again in September when all of the summer staff will have left.

Retail stores and cafés will employ 16 year olds, but remember that if you have no experience then sadly they may prefer to take on someone older etc.

I currently have three part-time jobs, so drop me a PM if you want any advice or just want to chat. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive worked at H&M since i turned 16 and i absolutely love it!

They were great at getting back to me as i applied online. Shops, especially retail shops, are usually busy so if you just hand in your CV it probably wont be acknowledged for a while. Its best to apply online for jobs. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending