The Student Room Group

McDonald's Interview

Hey all,
I have a McDonald's interview on Wednesday. Pay is £4.75 an hour. I'm a bit nervous for the interview as it'll be my first interview, and I'm not really sure what tasks 16 year olds do at McDonald's. Are they required to work on the till or just clean? I have social anxiety so I really don't know if the job would be right for me...
Thanks!
Reply 1
I'm sixteen and have recently applied to work at McDonalds too. I believe if you've applied as a staff member (rather than host/ess) the job is generalised. You will be behind the till taking orders, stocking the kitchen, cleaning up and preparing. Each shift and day is different so your role is to adapt a lot. This is what the job description described anyway. But don't worry! You'll have loads of colleagues to help you out, as well as training. As for the social anxiety, see how it goes. You may love the job, but if not, you could always leave later :smile: Good luck!
Original post by bethlolly
Hey all,
I have a McDonald's interview on Wednesday. Pay is £4.75 an hour. I'm a bit nervous for the interview as it'll be my first interview, and I'm not really sure what tasks 16 year olds do at McDonald's. Are they required to work on the till or just clean? I have social anxiety so I really don't know if the job would be right for me...
Thanks!

Yeah, you will be either on tills/drive thru or in kitchen.
At interviews, they usually ask about yourself, your availability, your studies (6th form, college etc) and they usually ask things like "why do you want to work at mcdonalds?" "what would you do if a customer complained?" etc
when you applied to work at Mc Donald's, did you have to go through an online assessment? I did, but I said there were unable to progress my application any further (twice when I applied), which I was annoyed about. How did you pass the online assessment?..
Reply 4
Original post by jemnyokun14
when you applied to work at Mc Donald's, did you have to go through an online assessment? I did, but I said there were unable to progress my application any further (twice when I applied), which I was annoyed about. How did you pass the online assessment?..

There are 3 parts to the online assessment: A set of test questions to determine whether YOU think you'd be suitable for the job, then section 2 is a bunch of questions testing you on how you'd react to different situations within the company. I believe if you fail to give good enough answers to section 2, you fail. But they're all multiple choice so it's pretty easy. Then the final section is filling in personal details. Not being able to progress further could be a techincal issue though rather then being rejected.. maybe try again, this time bearing in mind that they are looking for answers that reflect putting customers first and helping other staff members. As long as you chose the answers associated with those ideas- you should be fine :smile:
Original post by ceilele
There are 3 parts to the online assessment: A set of test questions to determine whether YOU think you'd be suitable for the job, then section 2 is a bunch of questions testing you on how you'd react to different situations within the company. I believe if you fail to give good enough answers to section 2, you fail. But they're all multiple choice so it's pretty easy. Then the final section is filling in personal details. Not being able to progress further could be a techincal issue though rather then being rejected.. maybe try again, this time bearing in mind that they are looking for answers that reflect putting customers first and helping other staff members. As long as you chose the answers associated with those ideas- you should be fine :smile:

Ok thanks very much about that- I will keep trying!
Okay i can actually help you with the interview as I had 2 interviews there when i turnt 16 (Im 18 now).

They will ask you:
-why do you want to work for us
-decribe a situsation where you used your initiative
- who is your role model and why
-what are your future goals

Along with other bits but these are the main ones i remember. Be confident. You'll probably have to do a trial shift too. Smile alot and act professional. The way i look at it, its an acting job. Regardless of how you feel they will not hire a quiet reserved person. I know it sucks but be confident. Thats where i fell down twice! I have now worked at lush and debenhams for 2 years but i got rejected at mcdonalds (lol). The first time because it was my first interview and i was very shy. And the second because i said i wanted to go to uni. Cause that meant i didnt see a future at mcdonalds. Lie. Say you're interested in a career development scheme or something.

Best of luck! And if you get rejected dont worry! I didnt get the £4.75 job at mcdonalds but i went to my lush interview super confident and happy and got the £7.50 p/hour job with a monthly bonus. Theres always a silver lining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending