The Student Room Group

Suddenly hate my 'nice guy' boyfriend, I miss all my ex 'bad boys', should I dump him

Scroll to see replies

Dump him; he deserves better. Have fun ruining your life for dem thrills :smile:
I've travelled a long way from 'nice' since the days when unrequited adolescent yearning was practically my unofficial pastime, but Christ do you make yourself sound like an insufferable brat. Who is this hapless, lily-livered invertebrate wretch; your ****ing sugar daddy?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jazzy97
Lol 'cock carousel'. Someone's been reading pickup :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone's been having the ride of their life. :teehee:

Spoiler

Reply 23
there is a middle ground lol. People who don't think everything is "dangerous or inappropriate", will be spontaneous and aren't **** scared of doing anything outside their comfort zone, but also aren't *******s. Seems like, if your representation of this guy is fair, you swung from one extreme to the other.
Original post by Ciel.
Sure, they were far from perfect and most of them made my life a complete mess

Go for it, dump your boyfriend.Then enjoy being emotionally immature whilst you get screwed over day after day by "**** boys" who only want you for one thing, don't give the slightest damn about you and will just break you over time.

Your nice guy? Oh he'll eventually find someone who will actually love him and appreciate him for who he is.

Of course, a couple of months/years down the line you'll want a nice guy again, but they'll all be taken.

Come on OP, get real.
Reply 25
Bad =/= fun
Grow up and don't go back to that pathetic fantasy land.
Original post by Ciel.
or could this be temporary? My life was so much more interesting back then. Sure, they were far from perfect and most of them made my life a complete mess but at least things were so much more exciting! Relationships with them were good, at least initially. I miss their*spontaneity, all the ****ing thrills. I hate what we have and I hate him now.

Dump him and go for a drugdealing cheater who will give you chlamydia
Wait, is the OP a dude or a chick?
Reply 28
I don't like rollercoasters anymore though. Plus they don't really do anything for me lol I'm too old.

Original post by chikane
Haha I'm the same as well don't think ill go near it either but you need to think whether you want to be with this guy if he doesn't listen to your needs than get rid i would rather be single than be with the wrong person making me miserable and you can play the field without worrying about hurting your bf.

Yeah probably should*
Original post by stefano865
Joke. :h:

Just dump him and get back on the **** carousel.

Then he can be with a girl who doesn't 'hate' him. SMH

He's gay so that wouldn't work for him.

Original post by 999tigger
Yes dump him. You just need to stick to who you are comfy with and you seem to like bad boys and being made a mess of.
Dont stick with someone you hate.
Maybe oen day you will meet a bit who messes you up just enough to make it interesting and wnats to stick around.

Ehh my exs have messed me up big time and I've learned my lesson. Or at least I thought I did, because I want them again now.
Original post by Jazzy97
Lol '**** carousel'. Someone's been reading pickup :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lord Samosa
I don't get it, you want an ********? Bad boys aren't really all that.

* Dump him, he deserves someone better. Not a child that wants a "bad boy."

He luvsss me though!

Original post by High Stakes
The OP is a guy if I remember right.

Yep

Original post by Supersaps
All of your relationships seem to be about you. You appear to have no idea what you want from a man or from a relationship.

None of your boyfriends seem to be particularly fantastic. However, there's one common denominator in these relationships and that's you.

I suggest keeping yourself out of the dating pool until you figure out what the heck you want.

SS

I can't, I hate being single. Are you trying to say that I'm selfish? *
Reply 29
Yes dump him and get another bad boy.
Original post by Ciel.
I don't like rollercoasters anymore though. Plus they don't really do anything for me lol I'm too old.

Yeah probably should*
He's gay so that wouldn't work for him.

Ehh my exs have messed me up big time and I've learned my lesson. Or at least I thought I did, because I want them again now.

He luvsss me though!

Yep

I can't, I hate being single. Are you trying to say that I'm selfish? *

I feel sorry for your poor boyfriend, I bet he's lovely.

Don't dump him for some NVQ Level 2 dickhead who will probably give you an STD.

You ignored my hang gliding suggestion lol
Original post by Ken2678
so what is that you dislike about him? Need more details

Easier for some people to forgive selfishness and recklessness than endure the mundanities of a boring person.
Reply 32
Original post by Profesh
I'm travelled a long way from 'nice' since the days when unrequited adolescent yearning was practically my unofficial pastime, but Christ do you make yourself sound like an insufferable brat. Who is this hapless, lily-livered invertebrate wretch; your ****ing sugar daddy?

Nah. Although he's fully responsible for managing our finances. Because I don't really have any income. I guess he just likes me A LOT.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
there is a middle ground lol. People who don't think everything is "dangerous or inappropriate", will be spontaneous and aren't **** scared of doing anything outside their comfort zone, but also aren't *******s. Seems like, if your representation of this guy is fair, you swung from one extreme to the other.

Yeah maybe. I guess I was a bit 'broken' that's why I wanted someone like him, I needed someone stable and down to earth so badly. But I don't now.
At least my life was exciting back then. And to be fair, I honestly doubt that. He'd take me back any time.
Original post by RobML
Bad =/= fun
Grow up and don't go back to that pathetic fantasy land.

I can't. I still feel like I'm in my teens : (*
Original post by Mike Chunt
Dump him and go for a drug dealing cheater who will give you chlamydia

Oh that would be useful, I spend way too much on prescription drugs :laughs:
Original post by Unreal1342
Wanna find out?

SORRY FOR ALL THE *s I DON'T KNOW WHY MY STUPID NEW LAPTOP DOES THAT*
He's probably better off without you as his GF. Cringed in slight disgust reading tis.

EDIT: Wait, what the hell? Youre a guy?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34

you can just hover over anyone's name to find out
Reply 35
He is. Too lovely. So lovely it makes me sick. Maybe I just want someone to mess me up again. Maybe I just miss it, without even knowing. Then again, don't think I'm a masochist.
Aw I didn't see it : <

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Easier for some people to forgive selfishness and recklessness than endure the mundanities of a boring person.
So true
Reply 36
Original post by Galaxie501
He's probably better off without you as his GF. Cringed in slight disgust reading tis.

His BF <3 Why? Would you want to spend the rest of your life with a boring person?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
you can just hover over anyone's name to find out

Well **** me sideways.
Reply 38
Well **** me sideways.

Lol! It's not like it makes any difference.
Original post by Ciel.
He is. Too lovely. So lovely it makes me sick. Maybe I just want someone to mess me up again. Maybe I just miss it, without even knowing. Then again, don't think I'm a masochist.
Aw I didn't see it : <

* So true

Look, I know you feel, everyone gets tempted by bad boys/ girls at some stage in their lives. They're sexy, they're confident, they're attractive, they're unpredictable and exciting. But there are better ways to get the above without hurting your current bf and without getting hurt yourself. You aren't a masochist, I saw an article once explaining that the reason people like bad boys is because it's a thrill to see whether they like them or not. A gamble, if you will. It's normal but it isn't good for you. Please resist the lure of the bad boy, it won't end well for you.

Quick Reply