The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I dunno, I just worried it was me who'd done something. Hope these feelings pass soon for you. Not a waste of space at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no youve not done anything bad to me! As i said youve helped me!
Yeah me too! Its so draining!
Appreciated! :hugs:

But time for therapy now, shall be back later!
I'm sorry but I can't.

No.

No.

No.

I am absolutely sick of people telling me that I should get help.

Them: Anon, I think you should just.. Maybe see someone. You know, reach out. Doctor. - Does that term mean anything to you?

What I say: Aaah yeah, don't worry, seriously. I will soon, I totally promise. xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo. But honestly, I'm fine now. - Can you see me fricking smiling. :teeth:

What I think: No, please no, not this again lmaAaaaAaAo. Yes, I'm lying bc I'm not fine but I will be. Fyi, you're now blocked from my contact list.

I've got nothing against it, I'm just really stubborn at times + contrary to popular belief don't like talking to complete strangers about stuff that... well, I suppose actually needs talking about. I'm capable of getting there by myself.

I don't want help.

More importantly, I don't need help.

I am perfectly fine on my own.

F-I-N-E.

My own company + my own mind serves me well.

THE ONLY WAY IN WHICH YOU CAN ASSIST ME IS BY SHUTTING UP ABOUT THE DAMN ISSUE.

Literally everyone, EVERYONE I know, who knows stuff has at least hinted that it'd probably be a good idea.

Bar, like, 3 people.

No.

I don't even know why I'm posting here bc I don't need support.

I swear if I hear it once more, I'm going to, like, murder a cat.

Or maybe five.

Inb4 get help.
Original post by Anon_98
x

Please don't kill a cat. Cats are cute and cuddly. My PMs are always open if you need to vent. :hugs:
Original post by Anon_98
x

I understand your frustration completely Anon. I don't want to make this about me but clearly I can only talk from my own experience, which is the following.
I have been told so so many times to 'maybe get help', 'might be a good idea to speak to someone about it' and I get that it is frustrating because what people seem to fail to understand is that if you haven't got 'help' already then you either can't get it or simply don't want it. For you this is clearly the latter which I have no right or motive to question as I thoroughly respect your decisions. For me it is the former. As much as I have thought ok yes maybe there are better ways of dealing with things than how I am dealing with them if anyone found out about any of this, I mean christ even this post on this thread I wouldn't be in the greatest of situations because these things are not looked upon most favourably by those around me. Therefore I have resolved that once I am independent in numerous different ways I will try to get these underlying issues and coping mechanisms sorted.
However I digress.
Anon I do completely sympathise, clearly whatever you are doing is working and you are fully competent in your own mind about what works for you. I do find it slightly irritating when people (especially strangers online) try to demand that I seek help or whatever even after I have explained why I can't actually get it. Regardless of whether they think it would be beneficial for you I think that they should respect that clearly you don't want it and stop telling you to get it.
This isn't having a go at anyone who has told me such as often I have sought their advice and if i can't comply with their answer than that is not their own fault, but telling people you can't continue with friendships because they won't do as you say despite not knowing why they can't (as has happened before multiple times) is rather unfair imho.
Hope you feel better soon Anon :hugs: sorry that was so long :redface: in an essay mood atm and yknow once you start you just cant stop :redface:

~Anon 1 xxx
Just to clarify again that wasn't having a go at anyone cos im not like that :redface: I appreciate everything that everyone has done and I fully accept that there is only so much people can do online to help someone and ultimately the onus is on said individual to help themselves

~Anon 1
Original post by Airmed
Please don't kill a cat. Cats are cute and cuddly. My PMs are always open if you need to vent. :hugs:

Debatable + thanks v much for the offer, but I'm fine. <3

Original post by Anonymous
X

I wasn't frustrated, but no need to apologise + thanks. <3
Original post by Anon_98
Debatable + thanks v much for the offer, but I'm fine. <3

Cats though.:frown:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Just out of my medical. I was such a state. I couldn't stop shaking, crying and took a panic, my gut flared up and the doc had to ask my mum some questions because I was in such a state. He went to speak to a supervisor and came back and told me they had enough evidence and I could go and he wasn't willing to put me through any more of the medical because I was so worked up.

He said I might need to come back for medical in a year or two so maybe that means he is confident I'll be put into the work or support group? I dunno. Just so glad it's over. I'll be dreading any text or post I get over the next week or so while I wait on a decision.

Thanks everyone for your support lately :hugs: I'm drained to hell but going out for a run in the car with Callan to hopefully clear my head a little

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that it sounds awful :frown:

Just wondering, I have diagnosed autism, and they are unsure what else I have. They first thought schizophrenia, then other things.

I am on full rate PIP but receive no ESA because of savings. I'm in support group but receive nothing like I said.

Will they come down on me harder when they start giving me money?
Ughhhhhhhhh, so frustrated at everything :angry:
Original post by usycool1
Ughhhhhhhhh, so frustrated at everything :angry:

What's up? :console:
Original post by Sabertooth
What's up? :console:

Thanks for the reply man :smile:

Just upset at all these voices, paranoia and not being able to sleep. Then my friends are getting more and more worried about me to the point that I end up feeling suspicious of them or me feeling they're abandoning me and that's worsening my anxiety and depression :frown:

How are you? :smile:*
Thanks for the reply man :smile:

Just upset at all these voices, paranoia and not being able to sleep. Then my friends are getting more and more worried about me to the point that I end up feeling suspicious of them or me feeling they're abandoning me and that's worsening my anxiety and depression :frown:

How are you? :smile:*

I'm actually in a remarkably similar situation to you. Do you have an PRN meds you could take to help with sleep? I can sympathize with how difficult it is to sleep with voices and paranoia. Might be worth you talking this over with your doctor if it's happening frequently, maybe you could take one of your friends with you for support? I get that it can be hard to trust people's motivations but if they're your friends their concern for you is probably real. Have you tried talking things over with your very best friend? It's easy to feel very lonely at times like this. :hugs:
I'm actually in a remarkably similar situation to you. Do you have an PRN meds you could take to help with sleep? I can sympathize with how difficult it is to sleep with voices and paranoia. Might be worth you talking this over with your doctor if it's happening frequently, maybe you could take one of your friends with you for support? I get that it can be hard to trust people's motivations but if they're your friends their concern for you is probably real. Have you tried talking things over with your very best friend? It's easy to feel very lonely at times like this. :hugs:

Ah no, I'm sorry that you're in such a similar situation too. :frown: All my meds are in the other room and u don't want to wake up my parents and I feel too scared to go get them. Ideally I'd love to go talk to my parents about it because they always calm me down but I don't want to worry them too. I'm very vary of my friends lately, quite a few have been ignoring me lately I feel. :sad:

Hope you're feeling ok at least :hugs:*
Ah no, I'm sorry that you're in such a similar situation too. :frown: All my meds are in the other room and u don't want to wake up my parents and I feel too scared to go get them. Ideally I'd love to go talk to my parents about it because they always calm me down but I don't want to worry them too. I'm very vary of my friends lately, quite a few have been ignoring me lately I feel. :sad:

Hope you're feeling ok at least :hugs:*

Thanks man. Tbh not doing at all well. :colondollar:

I don't know which meds you're on but things like certain antipsychotics can really help you sleep - I missed 2 nights of quetiapine a couple of weeks ago and got zero sleep both nights (I was completely out of it by the 3rd day), I hadn't even realized what an effect the quetiapine had on me until I didn't take it. I think you should try to find the courage to go get your meds, it's very important to take them as prescribed. Your parents love you and probably would want to help as much as possible even if it meant you woke them up.

Next time you see your doctor could you ask for something to take as needed for when you feel like this? I don't know how against/for medications you are but some things can really help calm you down.
Thanks man. Tbh not doing at all well. :colondollar:

I don't know which meds you're on but things like certain antipsychotics can really help you sleep - I missed 2 nights of quetiapine a couple of weeks ago and got zero sleep both nights (I was completely out of it by the 3rd day), I hadn't even realized what an effect the quetiapine had on me until I didn't take it. I think you should try to find the courage to go get your meds, it's very important to take them as prescribed. Your parents love you and probably would want to help as much as possible even if it meant you woke them up.

Next time you see your doctor could you ask for something to take as needed for when you feel like this? I don't know how against/for medications you are but some things can really help calm you down.

Oh no - is there anything on your mind at all? Anything I can do to help? :smile:

Thanks for the advice - I think I will try to pluck up the courage to get my meds. Yeah, I'll have a word with them. I'm usually not scared of taking meds if they help make me feel better. *:biggrin:
Oh no - is there anything on your mind at all? Anything I can do to help? :smile:

Thanks for the advice - I think I will try to pluck up the courage to get my meds. Yeah, I'll have a word with them. I'm usually not scared of taking meds if they help make me feel better. *:biggrin:

Unless you know how to find and destroy spy cameras then not really. :tongue:

I hope your parents make you feel better. :smile: There are various things that could calm you down or help you sleep so might be worth a word with your doc - a lot don't like to prescribe large amounts of these but even a few to have in emergencies is worth it imo. Good luck! :hugs: Hope you get some sleep and feel better soon.
Unless you know how to find and destroy spy cameras then not really. :tongue:

I hope your parents make you feel better. :smile: There are various things that could calm you down or help you sleep so might be worth a word with your doc - a lot don't like to prescribe large amounts of these but even a few to have in emergencies is worth it imo. Good luck! :hugs: Hope you get some sleep and feel better soon.

:hugs: Actyally someyhing had just come up and now I don't think i can trust my friends anymore, maybe they are all out to get me :cry2:
You know what I find annoying..
When you give like 100% to people despite being 10% yourself or messaging someone in the mornings being smiley and happy despite the fact you just had some vivid great saga of a dream which was ****ing exhausting and felt like you were actually living it and yet no-one appreciates it at all.
So excuse me if im less than always friendly with people. Might have to take time to like not give stuff to others for a bit whether that is on tsr or off because it is too tiring, like rn I really don't want to let someone down but i cba for a long conversation bc disrupted sleep last night.
So apologies to like the whole world :goodnight:

~Anon 1
I feel like everyone has abandoned me and I'm all on my own.

So much for "I'll always be there for you"

Like you read my messages but don't reply? What's the point? You said that I could always message you when I was feeling like this. Yet you don't reply to me. And you know that when I'm like this I need support and hugs. Not obvious ignoring.

I think everyone who I'm friends with has pushed me away now. What's the point of even trying anymore. I don't even get replies on MHSS anymore (no offence to you guys and I know you're all busy but sometimes I just need a reply with simple hugs and knowing that someone is aware of how crap I'm feeling and a little glimmer of hope that things will me okay.)

I don't know what to do. Work has drained me. I'm a pathetic she'll of what I used to be. I don't know how I'm going to cope with 3 weeks with only my parents and sister around me in the same hotel room. It's just going to break me.

:hide: I wish everything was okay. I wish I had someone close to me who gets it and understands it. I hate this feeling of abandonment. It ****ing sucks.
:cry2:

Latest