The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Didn't know IVs and such apply to this game too. So you can get the 'perfect' Dragonite or whatever.
Guys, will be able to play PoGo soon but, need to ask a question.

Say I get a 2km egg, is the chance of getting something like a pidgy or a caterpie the same as getting a starter pokemon or is there a higher chance for the common types. I am basically asking if what you get from eggs is truly random.
Im catching abunch of dratinis now.....almost gt enough candies fr dragonite
....yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, will be able to play PoGo soon but, need to ask a question.

Say I get a 2km egg, is the chance of getting something like a pidgy or a caterpie the same as getting a starter pokemon or is there a higher chance for the common types. I am basically asking if what you get from eggs is truly random.

IMG_0957.jpg So a 10km egg includes everything within he 5 and 2km bracket likewise the 5km egg includes everything within the 2km egg as well.

So you can get a weedel, however rare, from a 10km egg.

Edit: I didn't really answe your question, but yes, yes it is random
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GothicShield
Im catching abunch of dratinis now.....almost gt enough candies fr dragonite
....yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you!!!!
I'm very jealous.
Hatched a Snorlax today from a 10k egg 1600CP with 20 candies!

*(so thrilled as my last 3 were eevees and I was getting pissed off).*
Original post by CharlieH1992
Hatched a Snorlax today from a 10k egg 1600CP with 20 candies!

*(so thrilled as my last 3 were eevees and I was getting pissed off).*

1600cp!? Wat level r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
Lucky you!!!!
I'm very jealous.

Lol 1 left then ill hav a dragonite

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 1km from hatching my second 10km egg, the first one I got a disappointing 700CP Pincher:angry: so hoping for something decent tomorrow :biggrin:
I caught this today. It won't be any good at gyms but it's a new Pokedex entry. 😄
Original post by GothicShield
1600cp!? Wat level r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

19 😄*
Chuffed to bits that I got this from an egg today.

IMG_0359.PNG
Original post by DarkMagic
I caught this today. It won't be any good at gyms but it's a new Pokedex entry. 😄

It's sooooo pretty!!!

I take back all my *****ing about weedles. Realised today they eventually evolve into bees :bee:
Well guys, I think it's safe to say 70% of my time this summer will be spent on Pokemon Go.
The other 30% of the time will be sleeping recovering from playing Pokemon Go.

Will be getting my first Iphone ever today and by tomorrow, will have the Sim to put in it so I can actually use it. =D

I think I will go for my favourite Pokemon when I was 7. BULBASAUR!
Anyone else excited they've announced Battle and Trade features recently?
I know it was shown in the trailer (well, I know trading was anyway...) but, battles I didn't quite expect because I didn't think Smartphones would be capable of it. =l

I wonder if Iphone and Android software is cross compatible for trading and battling?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Anyone else excited they've announced Battle and Trade features recently?
I know it was shown in the trailer (well, I know trading was anyway...) but, battles I didn't quite expect because I didn't think Smartphones would be capable of it. =l

I wonder if Iphone and Android software is cross compatible for trading and battling?

Not hugely.... I can't see how it can be anything more than each player frantically tapping away on their screen :erm:
Just found this series of video which exaggerate mediocre Pokemon. There are 16, I encourage people to watch the whole playlist lol, I just have.

I put the Magikarp one in this post because it's a pretty mediocre Pokemon, well so we thought. :wink:

Warning contains swearing. :biggrin:

[video="youtube;kXs4qupd-sI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXs4qupd-sI&index=15&list=PLgmHNgwAoTsueg4y65-Pj07jqRFPYzuyx[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Just found this series of video which exaggerate mediocre Pokemon. There are 16, I encourage people to watch the whole playlist lol, I just have.

I put the Magikarp one in this post because it's a pretty mediocre Pokemon, well so we thought. :wink:

Warning contains swearing. :biggrin:

[video="youtube;kXs4qupd-sI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXs4qupd-sI&index=15&list=PLgmHNgwAoTsueg4y65-Pj07jqRFPYzuyx[/video]

That video actually made me lol in real life.
Original post by ColossalAtom
That video actually made me lol in real life.

This one made me cry inside because I hate Raticate. :biggrin:

[video="youtube;nRD7SPJaNGQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRD7SPJaNGQ&index=3&list=PLgmHNgwAoTsueg4y65-Pj07jqRFPYzuyx[/video]
Guys, when you place a pokemon in a gym and if your gym is beaten, what happens to your pokemon you placed in there?

Does it automatically appear in your storage again or do you have to go retrieve it?
Or do you lose it forever?!

Quick Reply

Latest