The Student Room Group

He broke up with me because I wouldn't have s*x on my period

This is so embarrassing and I feel so confused.
So I'm a late bloomer and only got my period when I turned 18 (me and him had began dating before I got my period)
I honestly feel so gross during the 5 days I'm on and don't feel up for doing anything physical at all. He got mad at me because I refused to have sex even though he insisted a condom will prevent any nastiness but it just felt so wrong for me.
He kept getting so mad each time I'd be on my period and last night broke up with me because I started while at his house and on a date (I didn't expect it as my periods fluctuate a lot)
Is this a reasonable reason? Do girls usually feel up to it on their period because the thought of it makes me feel sick and I'm so sad he broke up with me over something I find so petty.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I'm a late bloomer and only got my period when I turned 18 (me and him had began dating before I got my period)
I honestly feel so gross during the 5 days I'm on and don't feel up for doing anything physical at all. He got mad at me because I refused to have sex even though he insisted a condom will prevent any nastiness but it just felt so wrong for me.
He kept getting so mad each time I'd be on my period and last night broke up with me because I started while at his house and on a date (I didn't expect it as my periods fluctuate a lot)
Is this a reasonable reason? Do girls usually feel up to it on their period because the thought of it makes me feel sick and I'm so sad he broke up with me over something I find so petty.

I'm sorry to hear about the break up. :frown:

To me, it sounds like he's being very unreasonable tbh if he's not willing to be patient with you.*

What a jerk. Be glad, not sad. You can do better.
What an effing ******* - allow him and focus on yourself and your life girll

Posted from TSR Mobile
He needs to understand that this is what you don't want during your relationship. Relationship goes both ways and not just his sexual needs
Literally no one does anything remotely sexual whilst on their period. Sorry but it sounds like he was just with you for the sex and nothing else if he's bailing this quick. Also, good on you! Don't let anyone ever pressure you into sex. Well done for not letting him.
You simply shouldn't do anything you simply do not want to do. Yes they can fluctuate a lot, but someone who will treat you right will respect that, and considering discomfort that they can cause, you shouldn't have to feel like you should have sex on your period.
I say good riddance! No guy is good enough if he his getting mad at you for not wanting to have sex! He's an idiot and you deserve way better than a d**k who gets angry with you for not wanting to have sex on your period... :colonhash:
Original post by sakuraton
He needs to understand that this is what you don't want during your relationship. Relationship goes both ways and not just his sexual needs

Since he dumped you over his sexual needs, he is clearly not ready for a long-lasting relationship and hope you will get better from this
Wow you started your period really late
Original post by supernerdural
Literally no one does anything remotely sexual whilst on their period.

You are wrong. Lots of women get hornier than usual on their period and masturbate / have sex.
thank yourself you broke up with this guy sooner rather than later
He couldn't wait a week and instead broke up with you? I would say you had a lucky escape.
Reply 13
What a c*nt. People like him aren't worth your time.

That's ****ing late, but I will say he's a cnut, so find someone better, you picked the wrong partner, think of it as a blessing in disguise, could you imagine if you got married how un compromising/reasonable he would be OP.
Reply 15
Original post by Platopus
What a jerk. Be glad, not sad. You can do better.

how do you know she can do better
I'd still do stuff/wait for the girl I love OP. He obviously didn't love you and just wanted you for regular shags
This was educational...
Didn't realise they could start so late.
He could have thought you were lying/ making excuses. But even so, he's a d*ckhead, be glad that you can move on.
Original post by STLJA
What a c*nt. People like him aren't worth your time.

I see what you did there..
What an idiot! You deserve better, not everyone has a period sex fetish. Tell your boyfriend to do one. Be happy and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending