The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Current Sussex student ready to answer your questions!

Scroll to see replies

I thought instead of creating another thread I would just contribute to this one! I currently do a History degree and I'm heading into my third year, so if you have any questions then I am also here to help :u: Even if it's about second year - although that'll be quite far away for you newbies :colone: Just @ my username or private message me or write on my profile if you want anything specific!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by PugDevil
I thought instead of creating another thread I would just contribute to this one! I currently do a History degree and I'm heading into my third year, so if you have any questions then I am also here to help :u: Even if it's about second year - although that'll be quite far away for you newbies :colone: Just @ my username or private message me or write on my profile if you want anything specific!

Are you in a house? And if so, how much would say you pay all in for everything including bills, shopping and so on?
Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know your accommodation before or after results day?thanks
Original post by KMLeeson
Are you in a house? And if so, how much would say you pay all in for everything including bills, shopping and so on?
Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a flat, but that was mainly because we had some complications with a group we were going to go with - so try and sort out your accommodation around January time! But enjoy the first term, uni will give you information about housing :biggrin:

My rent is £411.66 a month, which I would say is average for Brighton? Although quite expensive for a flat, considering the state of it :redface: I'm with a bill splitting company and I've paid anything between £50-£70 depending on how much we've used between us in that month. Then shopping, I would say I spend £50 max a month? Really depends on whether I'm being a greedy pig :lol:

Original post by johnd45
Do you know your accommodation before or after results day?thanks

I just searched through my emails and I got it on 15th August 2014, so I got it before :biggrin: Ah the nostalgia!
I'm in a flat, but that was mainly because we had some complications with a group we were going to go with - so try and sort out your accommodation around January time! But enjoy the first term, uni will give you information about housing :biggrin:

My rent is £411.66 a month, which I would say is average for Brighton? Although quite expensive for a flat, considering the state of it :redface: I'm with a bill splitting company and I've paid anything between £50-£70 depending on how much we've used between us in that month. Then shopping, I would say I spend £50 max a month? Really depends on whether I'm being a greedy pig :lol:

I just searched through my emails and I got it on 15th August 2014, so I got it before :biggrin: Ah the nostalgia!

I didn't realise you found out accommodation before results day, that's pretty cool! Did you have a conditional offer for Sussex or was it unconditional?
Is Sussex university flexible with grades
Original post by chlostannard
I didn't realise you found out accommodation before results day, that's pretty cool! Did you have a conditional offer for Sussex or was it unconditional?

It was conditional :biggrin: Yeah I could of sworn it was after, but figured that I should check before telling you guys and my email doesn't lie :tongue:

Edit: I'm just going to double check :lol:

Okay I've just checked and it is definitely the 15th... just thinking about my reply below, why was I freaking out when I had already secured the accommodation :redface: very strange!

Original post by coolgamer

I think it depends on the course, but I managed to get in for History with BBB. Initially it was AAB and then ABB, so then I was freaking out before I checked UCAS track because I thought I would have to go through clearing - but I got in! So take from that what you wish :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

It depends which course, but my course was originally AAB and I was accepted with BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by secrethideout100
It depends which course, but my course was originally AAB and I was accepted with BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's made me feel a lot more at ease! What course are you studying? I'm a little worried that because sociology is apparently a very small course they won't be lenient with the grades.
Original post by chlostannard
That's made me feel a lot more at ease! What course are you studying? I'm a little worried that because sociology is apparently a very small course they won't be lenient with the grades.

Business & Management! Which is a very popular course with a lot of applicants I believe... good luck, you'll be fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Business & Management! Which is a very popular course with a lot of applicants I believe... good luck, you'll be fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Was your offer still AAB or did it change? I applied for business as well but my offer changed to ABB as I picked Sussex as my firm. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnd45
Nice! Was your offer still AAB or did it change? I applied for business as well but my offer changed to ABB as I picked Sussex as my firm. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually came through clearing but my coursemates had BBC too and their offer was AAB or ABB etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually came through clearing but my coursemates had BBC too and their offer was AAB or ABB etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha sweet. That's given me hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by KayaRose
Hi there everyone!
I'm just finishing off my first year at Sussex. I would love to help you guys out by answering any questions you might have about the Uni!
ASK AWAY!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm studying MA International Relations this September and I've just submitted my accomodation application.
I went for East Slope because it's the cheapest. I was planning on doing Park Village but saw that they put mature students in these two bedroom flats for 125 quid a week, which is not ideal, socially or financially!

I started reading reviews about east slope and a lot of people it is really dirty and loud. I do like the odd party but it's not something I would want to do all the time, and I'd like some quiet for studying.

So basically, how bad is East Slope? Do you guys know anyone who has lived there? Cheers :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 114
are the rox wristbands worth getting?
Do u know whether sussex uni has ever accepted anyone with one D grade ?
Do u know whether sussex uni has ever accepted anyone with one D grade ?

I know a girl who got in with BBD. I think her offer was either ABB or BBB, I'm more inclined to think it was ABB though.
Original post by ludd-sama
I know a girl who got in with BBD. I think her offer was either ABB or BBB, I'm more inclined to think it was ABB though.

OK thanks
Original post by ludd-sama

Was this last year?
Was this last year?

yh

Quick Reply

Latest