The Student Room Group

He broke up with me because I wouldn't have s*x on my period

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This is so embarrassing and I feel so confused.
So I'm a late bloomer and only got my period when I turned 18 (me and him had began dating before I got my period)
I honestly feel so gross during the 5 days I'm on and don't feel up for doing anything physical at all. He got mad at me because I refused to have sex even though he insisted a condom will prevent any nastiness but it just felt so wrong for me.
He kept getting so mad each time I'd be on my period and last night broke up with me because I started while at his house and on a date (I didn't expect it as my periods fluctuate a lot)
Is this a reasonable reason? Do girls usually feel up to it on their period because the thought of it makes me feel sick and I'm so sad he broke up with me over something I find so petty.

:eyeball:
You dodged a bullet.
Reply 22
What an absolute tool.
Well.
He's.
An.
Absolute.
Dick.
It's probably a good thing he's not part of your life anymore. You don't need to deal with shite like that.

Good luck with moving on! :hugs:
That's sad to hear. You shouldn't do anything you don't feel comfortable to do, and your boyfriend should respect that, it's really petty tbh.

However I will say this and people may not like it. He also has needs, and if they are not being met, you cannot blame him for moving on (no matter how silly they are).

Also, don't feel disgusted about it, it's a part of life and honestly it's not really that deep. Any mature individual can look past it and carry on like it's nothing :wink:
Original post by STLJA
What a c*nt. People like him aren't worth your time.

True dat.
Original post by Jazzy97

However I will say this and people may not like it. He also has needs, and if they are not being met, you cannot blame him for moving on (no matter how silly they are).

Tell him to hit the dirt road
Original post by supernerdural
Literally no one does anything remotely sexual whilst on their period. Sorry but it sounds like he was just with you for the sex and nothing else if he's bailing this quick. Also, good on you! Don't let anyone ever pressure you into sex. Well done for not letting him.

That's REALLY not true.

You must be very young.

My last girlfriend and I would always have period sex. It was never uncontrollably dirty. In fact as far as she was concerned during the sex it wasn't much different. In fact the discharge present inside her only meant that she was more 'lubricated' which meant I could go faster, for longer. So better sex. She also was more horny when on her period. So it worked out.

The only downside was that we couldn't do cowboy because... Gravity... And obviously after sex when she stood up and went to the bathroom to clean herself she had to wait a while on the toilet as there would be some minor leakage.

Really though, when we're all adults, a minor bit of blood tends not to make a woman want to vomit and so she'll still have sex if she's horny. And a lot of women feel very horny on their periods.

TL;DR - Speak for yourself.
Original post by Jazzy97
Also, don't feel disgusted about it, it's a part of life and honestly it's not really that deep. Any mature individual can look past it and carry on like it's nothing :wink:

Depends really.

If I'm only meeting my girlfriend once a week, or twice a week and she's on her period 1 week of every month that equals a lot less sex per month. Yeah yeah personality is nice and all, but actually there's quite a lot of nice girls with good personalities (and that would want sex with me every other day at least!). Unless she was clearly disgusted by period sex (and perhaps had tried it at least) I may just have to break up with her.

But yeah, I'm a little it hornier than most guys, so, sex is quite a big deal for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Depends really.

If I'm only meeting my girlfriend once a week, or twice a week and she's on her period 1 week of every month that equals a lot less sex per month. Yeah yeah personality is nice and all, but actually there's quite a lot of nice girls with good personalities (and that would want sex with me every other day at least!). Unless she was clearly disgusted by period sex (and perhaps had tried it at least) I may just have to break up with her.

But yeah, I'm a little it hornier than most guys, so, sex is quite a big deal for me.

Haha you misunderstood me bro.

I meant, any mature guy can look past (the blood) and carry on (sex) like normal :tongue:
Original post by Jazzy97
Haha you misunderstood me bro.

I meant, any mature guy can look past (the blood) and carry on (sex) like normal :tongue:

Ohhh, I did. You're right. My bad.
Ohhh, I did. You're right. My bad.

It's no problem man, although I do like the way you think lol, great minds think alike eyy :wink:
Original post by Jazzy97

Never a need, only a strong want :wink:
He'll grow up and, with any luck, develop a more compassionate outlook in the process; but unless your flow is literally so copious as to inhibit intimacy, you could probably stand to gain some maturity yourself.

Original post by supernerdural
Literally no one does anything remotely sexual whilst on their period.

Barring literally every girlfriend I've ever had. What are you, seventeen?
Original post by ChargingStag
Never a need, only a strong want :wink:

Haha good one, sometimes it's too much. You just have to release that kraken :sexface:
Original post by Jazzy97
Haha good one, sometimes it's too much. You just have to release that kraken :sexface:

I remember once being so horny that I was just shaking uncontrollably... It was ridiculous.Nude in bed my body spasming like I was having a mild fit and I couldn't stop it at all. How can that even happen. Only ever happened once.
I remember once being so horny that I was just shaking uncontrollably... It was ridiculous.Nude in bed my body spasming like I was having a mild fit and I couldn't stop it at all. How can that even happen. Only ever happened once.

Err, perhaps you should've saw a doctor lol, I don't know about that one. Either that or break out the old lotion and tissues :tongue:
Original post by Jazzy97
Err, perhaps you should've saw a doctor lol, I don't know about that one. Either that or break out the old lotion and tissues :tongue:

It was because my girlfriend was playing with my dick before we went to sleep but for some reason I just wasn't finishing [she'd already orgasmed twice...] and we couldn't have sex as we had no condoms (since/and she forgot to take her pill).

I was just lying next to her. And she's nude. And I swear she's rubbing her butt into me on purpose. I just want to sleep and get through this nightmare :frown:(((

I sleep for 2 hours. I wake up and even hornier than before and I realise my body is just shaking. I can't really go any further into this story, but it was a happy ending after all lol. But still, weirdest experience ever. Never been that horny.

I should also say that on that night I had not masturbated for a week beforehand, which for me is mindblowingly long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending