The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Inve
What's everyone's favourite type of Samosa?

Mince meat, potatoes, peas or any type of vegetable...basically as long as it tastes nice...I don't really mind :colondollar:
Reply 921
Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah good. How are you?

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.

Great Alhamdulilah.
Hope both of you are well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, Alhamdulillah I am well.

Original post by Incredible97
Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh@kyoti Welcome back :smile:

Thank you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 922
Original post by Inve
What's everyone's favourite type of Samosa?

chicken, peas and sweetcorn
you?
Original post by h333
Mince meat, potatoes, peas or any type of vegetable...basically as long as it tastes nice...I don't really mind :colondollar:

Excellent. That's the attitude 😉

Original post by kyoti
chicken, peas and sweetcorn
you?

Any type of samosa. Or anything that resembles a samosa. Like those miscellaneous fried things that uncle brings in you have no idea what it is but you eat it anyway. It all gets eaten. 😁
Reply 924
Original post by Inve
Hmm. You had it right until sweetcorn. Keep your heathen sweetcorn

Prepare for your cultural foundations to be shaken

You know I did have to think twice about the sweetcorn. I'm still not too sure about them lool
Original post by Tpos
You know I did have to think twice about the sweetcorn. I'm still not too sure about them lool

It's a useless vegetable. Sorry to all the sweetcorn lovers out there. 😅
Reply 926
Original post by Inve
Excellent. That's the attitude 😉

Any type of samosa. Or anything that resembles a samosa. Like those miscellaneous fried things that uncle brings in you have no idea what it is but you eat it anyway. It all gets eaten. 😁

Ikr like who would deny a sambosa? :ahee:

Btw I don't agree with the sweetcorn :tongue:....you must not be having it right :colone:
Assalamu alaykum :K:
Narrated Zaid bin Arqam:

In the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ) we used to speak while praying, and one of us would tell his needs to his companions, till the verse, 'Guard strictly your prayers (2.238) was revealed. After that we were ordered to remain silent while praying.

حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ مُوسَى، أَخْبَرَنَا عِيسَى ـ هُوَ ابْنُ يُونُسَ ـ عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، عَنِ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ شُبَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِي عَمْرٍو الشَّيْبَانِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ لِي زَيْدُ بْنُ أَرْقَمَ إِنْ كُنَّا لَنَتَكَلَّمُ فِي الصَّلاَةِ عَلَى عَهْدِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم، يُكَلِّمُ أَحَدُنَا صَاحِبَهُ بِحَاجَتِهِ حَتَّى نَزَلَتْ {‏حَافِظُوا عَلَى الصَّلَوَاتِ‏} الآيَةَ، فَأُمِرْنَا بِالسُّكُوتِ‏.‏
حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عَامِرٍ الْعَقَدِيُّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ بِلاَلٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ الإِيمَانُ بِضْعٌ وَسِتُّونَ شُعْبَةً، وَالْحَيَاءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الإِيمَانِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."
Reply 930
Original post by Leukocyte

Wa'alaikum Assalaam :colonhash:
Reply 931
Original post by dadaismx
Hello i am white dude, must say the Bible people know more moderation in posting , wich is more pleasant, for example they then come with a good cinema bible Movie "Noah" but they dont bother people on tsr every single )()(&_)(+_( day with their religion!

Hello :smile:

I am sorry I don't quite understand what you was trying to say.
Original post by h333
Wa'alaikum Assalaam :colonhash:

Why the face? :redface:
Reply 933
Ha in Holland we have a saying and that is "Jezus was a cool dude but most his 800 000 000 follwers are ( swearword )" , haha same could be said about the Mohamed haha.,,,

Are you ok? I am serious like what are you trying to say? :redface: erm that the followers are not all good...idk.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 934
Why the face? :redface:

As if you don't know :tongue:
كَيْفَ أَنْتُمْ إِذَا نَزَلَ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ فِيكُمْ وَإِمَامُكُمْ مِنْكُمْ
How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and your imam (Mahdi) is among you ?
[Muhammed s.a.w - Bukhari]
(edited 7 years ago)

Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah :h:
Hello i am white dude, must say the Bible people know more moderation in posting , wich is more pleasant, for example they then come with a good cinema bible Movie "Noah" but they dont bother people on tsr every single )()(&_)(+_( day with their religion!

Hi :smile:

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.
30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[Luke 6:27-31]

Enjoy the rest of your day :h:
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

[Matthew 19]
20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

21 “What is it you want?” he asked.

She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”

“We can,” they answered.

23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

[Matthew 20]
"He (Rasoolullah ﷺ, in his supplication) would then add, "None can withhold what You give, and none can release what You withhold, and no one is happy against your will." [Note: Recorded by Muslim, Abu Dawud, ad-Darimi, an-Nasa'ee and others].

This is affirming Allah's unity, that He is the One and the only Lord, that He creates and foreordains everything from eternity to eternity, that He gives and takes, and that no one can give what He gives or take what He takes. It is also affirming the oneness of divinity that there is only one God, Who gives commands and Who enjoins and forbids, for although men are given riches, kingdoms, glory, luck, power and miracles, no one can benefit anyone against Allah's will or protect himself from Him. That it is why the Prophet (peace be on him) said, "Lā yanfa'uhu minka" ('no one can benefit him against You' [Note: ie none can benefit a person when Allah does not will benefit for the person].*

These words fulfilled Allah's unity, or established the meaning of: "You only do we serve, and Your help only do we seek." Since no cause is sufficient to produce an effect unless Allah wills it, He alone should be invoked and begged and beseeched for protection and help. All praise is for Him, and all help comes from Him. There is no power with anyone except Him. Every cause in the world is insufficient; it needs the presence of other subsidiary causes and the removal of opposing factors to produce an effect. Unless the subsidiary causes are available and the opposing factors are removed the effect cannot be produced. Take, for example, rain. By itself, it cannot produce a crop unless there is soil, air and other things there. Again, the crop cannot grow and ripen unless obstacles are removed. Similarly, food and water cannot provide nutrition unless the body has the ability to absorb them; moreover, all these things will not be of avail unless obstructive factors are removed.

The person who gives you something or renders you help, apart from the fact that his will, power and action are produced by Allah, cannot achieve anything, however mighty he may be, unless a number of factors beyond his control cooperate with him and others do not obstruct him. Nothing is realised without the presence of some factors and the absence of others. A particular thing is only partly the cause, not the whole cause. If it is singled out as the cause and others are named as conditions, it is only a matter of semantic convenience. Actually there is nothing in the world that is a self-sufficient cause necessarily productive of an effect. Once you realise this truth, the door to the appreciation of Allah's unity will open for you. You will know that no one other than Allah should be invoked for anything, let alone worshiped or trusted or beseeched."

[Ibn Abi 'Izz al-Hanafi رحمه الله , Sharh aqeedah at-Tahawiyyah]

Latest

Trending

Trending