The Student Room Group

Marketing Degree!

Who is doing marketing? And what uni are you applying to?
I am going to be studying marketing in the September coming and would like to know what job opportunities people have with a marketing and management degree?
You can do pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Have a look at things you may be interested in and see what the requirements are. Uni websites will also have info about grad destinations.
Original post by melanies321
I am going to be studying marketing in the September coming and would like to know what job opportunities people have with a marketing and management degree?

Shouldn't you have looked at your career prospects before deciding which course to study?
Original post by GoingToBurst
Shouldn't you have looked at your career prospects before deciding which course to study?

Yes I know I should of done but I am good at marketing field which is why I jumped into it, that is why I am making this thread to know any career prospects.
Yes I know I should of done but I am good at marketing field which is why I jumped into it, that is why I am making this thread to know any career prospects.

Here you go :smile:
Just my two cents, but I think choosing to study marketing is a really wise idea, especially with the emergence of technology startups across the globe. Somebody needs to help them market their product and often technologically oriented programmers really don't know how to do that.
Original post by GoingToBurst

Hahahaha! That was nice
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Paraphilos
Just my two cents, but I think choosing to study marketing is a really wise idea, especially with the emergence of technology startups across the globe. Somebody needs to help them market their product and often technologically oriented programmers really don't know how to do that.

Hi, I think that too! Thank you for putting your two cents in haha.
What career are you in or going towards?
Hi, I think that too! Thank you for putting your two cents in haha.
What career are you in or going towards?

I'm about to begin a masters in mathematics. I've just done a marketing internship at a technology company although I was primarily tasked with performing analytics for them which suited my skill set.

I was lucky to get it without a marketing degree though, I feel. I don't want to be a marketer though. I'm looking to go into the actuarial sector if possible.
Original post by Paraphilos
I'm about to begin a masters in mathematics. I've just done a marketing internship at a technology company although I was primarily tasked with performing analytics for them which suited my skill set.

I was lucky to get it without a marketing degree though, I feel. I don't want to be a marketer though. I'm looking to go into the actuarial sector if possible.

Wow masters In mathematics you must be a right brain box! haha, how are you finding that?

How was the marketing internship?

Hiya,
I'm in my first year of marketing at Bournemouth University! With Marketing you can go down many different paths. Advertising, digital marketing, Management or any other role in a business really! You study very different units that can show you the range of career opportunities. Also as you are studying if you particularly enjoy a certain unit then it would indicate for you to go down that type of career path!

Hope this helped, let me know if you have anymore questions! - Jess
Original post by j.sturdy
Hiya,
I'm in my first year of marketing at Bournemouth University! With Marketing you can go down many different paths. Advertising, digital marketing, Management or any other role in a business really! You study very different units that can show you the range of career opportunities. Also as you are studying if you particularly enjoy a certain unit then it would indicate for you to go down that type of career path!

Hope this helped, let me know if you have anymore questions! - Jess

Which module do you like the most

Quick Reply

Latest