The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tormented and despairing. who gives a ****.
When you realise how close results day is:cry::cry2:
Original post by loveleest
When you realise how close results day is:cry::cry2:

Omg omg.... i didnt realise it until i saw this post :eek:
:facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
This has been the worst day of my life

This is obviously late but :hugs:
disheartened
A bit faking hot realli
:colondollar:
Original post by SassKing13
This is obviously late but :hugs:

Thank you :smile: I appreciate the concern. I admit I'm still pretty messed up at the moment but I'll get there.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Thank you :smile: I appreciate the concern. I admit I'm still pretty messed up at the moment but I'll get there.

Okay, I do hope so :smile: :hugs:
Original post by undercxver
Thanks guys! :hugs:

No worries :smile::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankful :h:. Last year on July 26th, was when the police came to my house to deliver amazing news. But I was sleeping like any Sunday morning, so my dad answered the door. The news was that there was an organ that's a match for me and available to be transplanted today. My dad woke me up to tell me about it and I had to call the hospital at a certain time or else it would go to someone else. I called in on time and I was told to come in soon as I can. So I brushed my teeth, ate an egg sandwich my dad made me and packed stuff before setting out.

After arriving there, I had my blood taken, so they can make sure my platelet count is good. I saw the consultant surgeon who was going to perform the transplant as soon as I entered the appropriate ward. He told me he was going to have a chat with me in a bit, while he was doing ward rounds. I can tell that he was on call, because his was hair disheveled, had on a polo shirt and looked like he left his house with a piece of toast in his mouth and a travel mug filled with coffee.

Eventually, he called my name and signaled with an open hand to a small room. He told me I'm probably one of the healthiest patients he will ever operate on. Since I have no blood pressure problems, not diabetic and because I'm thin :colondollar:. I asked him if this was an emergency call for him and he said yes, because he said he was watching TV at home and spending time with his family. Then eventually I saw the consultant anesthesiologist in the same room as well.

The operation didn't take place until about 7 pm on a Sunday evening, after hours of waiting for it to happen.

Spoiler

I feel like the most repulsive guy on the planet.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Thankful :h:. Last year on July 26th, was when the police came to my house to deliver amazing news. But I was sleeping like any Sunday morning, so my dad answered the door. The news was that there was an organ that's a match for me and available to be transplanted today. My dad woke me up to tell me about it and I had to call the hospital at a certain time or else it would go to someone else. I called in on time and I was told to come in soon as I can. So I brushed my teeth, ate an egg sandwich my dad made me and packed stuff before setting out.

After arriving there, I had my blood taken, so they can make sure my platelet count is good. I saw the consultant surgeon who was going to perform the transplant as soon as I entered the appropriate ward. He told me he was going to have a chat with me in a bit, while he was doing ward rounds. I can tell that he was on call, because his was hair disheveled, had on a polo shirt and looked like he left his house with a piece of toast in his mouth and a travel mug filled with coffee.

Eventually, he called my name and signaled with an open hand to a small room. He told me I'm probably one of the healthiest patients he will ever operate on. Since I have no blood pressure problems, not diabetic and because I'm thin :colondollar:. I asked him if this was an emergency call for him and he said yes, because he said he was watching TV at home and spending time with his family. Then eventually I saw the consultant anesthesiologist in the same room as well.

The operation didn't take place until about 7 pm on a Sunday evening, after hours of waiting for it to happen.

Spoiler

Woaah! That must have been pretty scary man. I cant believe u acc asked him n he answered lol.... I would have felt a bit guilty tbh.... But oh well
I hope ur fine now :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwwwwwhhhh, why's that? :console:

Spoiler

You are NOT a magnet. :wink:
Original post by mediaya
Woaah! That must have been pretty scary man. I cant believe u acc asked him n he answered lol.... I would have felt a bit guilty tbh.... But oh well
I hope ur fine now :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He may be a surgeon, but at the end of the day, he is still human. He is a joker though. Usually has something funny to say whenever he sees me. :teehee:
My checks up used to be twice a week since I was discharged, now it just recently changed from every 4 weeks to 6 weeks. :woo:
He may be a surgeon, but at the end of the day, he is still human. He is a joker though. Usually has something funny to say whenever he sees me. :teehee:
My checks up used to be twice a week since I was discharged, now it just recently changed from every 4 weeks to 6 weeks. :woo:

Oh haha so u know him pretty well, cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since I'm curious, as always :frown:, what organ did you have transplanted? And yes, I would've asked my doc the same thing :biggrin: If they're not jokers, well that's sad, 'coz I crack jokes all the time, and unless you have a sense of humour, I'll come off as rude :lol:
Original post by raniafern
Since I'm curious, as always :frown:, what organ did you have transplanted? And yes, I would've asked my doc the same thing :biggrin: If they're not jokers, well that's sad, 'coz I crack jokes all the time, and unless you have a sense of humour, I'll come off as rude :lol:

Lol tbh i wanted to ask him too, ut i thought he might not want to lol.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raniafern

Kidney. I technically have 3 kidneys right now :wink:.
Kidney. I technically have 3 kidneys right now :wink:.

Why 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest