The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-Raw
Why do they need them? What could they really need that men dont need. I looked in my GFs bag all she had was her purse and a few sticks of gum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To carry my purse and gum...
Depends what crap you need to carry around. :tongue:

I only use one if I've got to carry around more than a phone and my purse. Or rather, I've had to carry a small bag when my phone doesn't fit in my pocket. :lol:
Reply 3
I carry some makeup, my phone, purse, perfume and a tampon for emergencies mainly... :redface: But most women's clothes don't have pockets, the pockets on women's jeans are tiny and women's purses tend to be a lot bigger than men's wallets too. :colonhash: We do need them, but we do use them as a fashion statement too.
Usually to carry all my boyfriend's stuff around*:angry:
Phone, purse, deodorant, umbrella, perfume, tampons, spare change, keys, lipstick, mints, spare chocolate bar.... I could keep going.

Also perfect if you nip to the shop and only get a few things so you don't have to spend 5p on a carrier bag.
Reply 6
Original post by T-Raw
Why do they need them? What could they really need that men dont need. I looked in my GFs bag all she had was her purse and a few sticks of gum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because women's clothes have less available pocket space.
Reply 7
I only really need a purse because women's clothing often comes with tiny, unusable pockets, or no pockets at all. To make it even harder, phones are getting bigger so they are even harder to fit. I do carry a lot more in my purse than just my phone, wallet, keys and tissues, but that's just because I might as well since I have the space. I don't actually need all the extra stuff I carry around.
Because our pockets are fake. :colonhash:
Reply 9
lipstick, note pad, purse, hat, keys, headphones, deodrant, lip balm, sanitary products, money, pens, phone, wetwipes etc
Reply 10
Original post by surina16
Because our pockets are fake. :colonhash:

Buy clothes with real pockets. :idea:
Im a girl and i don't get it either i just make sure i have a pocket to put my phone, card and keys in and i'm ready to go :biggrin:
Original post by Nadile
I only really need a purse because women's clothing often comes with tiny, unusable pockets, or no pockets at all. To make it even harder, phones are getting bigger so they are even harder to fit. I do carry a lot more in my purse than just my phone, wallet, keys and tissues, but that's just because I might as well since I have the space. I don't actually need all the extra stuff I carry around.

Ah i know it is so stupid isn't it!!!!
Girls sometimes carry necessities in hand bags such as pads, tampons, extra underwear, painkillers - among the other stuff wallet, etcccc
Original post by Josb
Buy clothes with real pockets. :idea:

trust me - easier said than done
when looking for clothes for women there are 3 things to consider

1. they fit well/look nice
2. are priced reasonably
3. have useable pockets

now pick two from the above - that's pretty much my entire experience with shopping
plus when shopping for jeans online the description never mentions whether the pockets are fake or 1 inch deep

also girls that wear dresses/skirts won't have pockets anyway*
Reply 15
I generally end up carrying my husbands things and rubbish to keep my kids quiet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep a lot in my handbag. Purse with money and credit cards, chewing gum maybe a small snack, keys, hand sanitiser, tiny make up bag with lip balm, maybe powder, eyeliner, body spray or deodorant, hair ties, tampons, headphones and thats just what I remember. Also like others have said womens clothes usually don't have pockets or they have fake pockets for fashion, the only clothes I have that have pockets are a few coats but most of my jackets, jeans, etc. have none.
I'm a self-confessed handbag collector. As long as being useful, for me, there's nothing that rounds of an outfit like a gorgeous handbag.
Our clothes don't have pockets.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Our clothes don't have pockets.

I came here to say just this :angry:

If I was a woman I would buy man jeans etc.

Latest