The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Language Mark Scheme Question.

Screenshot_20160726-094222.jpg
The mark scheme I have attached is for the CIE IGCSE Language Reading Paper, for the first question which usually involves writing a letter.
If I sign off a letter to a friend with "yours sincerely" instead of something like "see you soon", would I lose a mark?
Also, for the third bullet point of the first question, which usually involves a lot of imagination, if my ideas are completely different from everyone else and probably wrong, BUT all my other content is excellent what band would I be placed in for content according to the mark scheme?

I know it is hard to tell because you haven't read my paper, but I am really worrying about this. Someone please stop me worrying?!?!
Reply 1
Original post by dp00
Screenshot_20160726-094222.jpg
The mark scheme I have attached is for the CIE IGCSE Language Reading Paper, for the first question which usually involves writing a letter.
If I sign off a letter to a friend with "yours sincerely" instead of something like "see you soon", would I lose a mark?
Also, for the third bullet point of the first question, which usually involves a lot of imagination, if my ideas are completely different from everyone else and probably wrong, BUT all my other content is excellent what band would I be placed in for content according to the mark scheme?

I know it is hard to tell because you haven't read my paper, but I am really worrying about this. Someone please stop me worrying?!?!

Yours Sincerely only concerns writing marks, no reading marks would be deducted. Uneven focus on bullets however scores you a maximum of 9/15. Hope this helps.
Original post by ad4m
Yours Sincerely only concerns writing marks, no reading marks would be deducted. Uneven focus on bullets however scores you a maximum of 9/15. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response!! Much appreciated! So would any marks be deducted for writing yours sincerely instead of something like "see you soon"?
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
Thank you for your response!! Much appreciated! So would any marks be deducted for writing yours sincerely instead of something like "see you soon"?

I wouldn't really think so, however bear in mind it is nearly impossible to get 5/5 anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending