The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladymusiclover
All these killings are now going to promote far right wing and nationalist groups. :frown:

Good, they represent the saviour and survival of Europe.
Original post by TelAviv
I thought it was 72 virgins?

Original post by ManiaMuse
72 actually...

Oh yeah, 72. You guys are right,
All these killings are now going to promote far right wing and nationalist groups. :frown:

If that's your main concern you're a terrible person.
Original post by Trapz99
As a Christian, I see this attack as even more evidence that Islam directly opposes the values that we hold as Christians and they are directly against our very existence.

"Fight those of the People of the Book who do not [truly] believe in God and the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, who do not behave according to the rule of justice, until they pay the tax and submit to it."

This attack is justified in Islam.

Stop claiming the country is yours with your Christianity. This country is a secular country built on thought and morality not fairytales.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that terrorists oppose our liberal values, but claiming that they're against your "Christianity" is absurd. As if no atheists or other religions' people get killed by those nutcases.

Possibly, although it's probably the only way to get mainstream politicians to take notice of public opinion.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
If that's your main concern you're a terrible person.

WHAT. I'm really worried about the future of Europe. How am I a terrible person??
Original post by oShahpo
Stop claiming the country is yours with your Christianity. This country is a secular country built on thought and morality not fairytales.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that terrorists oppose our liberal values, but claiming that they're against your "Christianity" is absurd. As if no atheists or other religions' people get killed by those nutcases.

Actually, the Church of England is our state religion. We're not totally secular in the sense that Canada or France are.

Morality comes from God in my opinion but feel free to disagree.

And yes, atheists and people of other religions are killed by ISIS. I am not doubting that- I was just specifically referring to Christians.
Reply 47
The priest was 84yo...
WHAT. I'm really worried about the future of Europe. How am I a terrible person??

Armed men burst into a place of worship, they seized an 84 year old man and they slit his throat on front of a crowd of people, what part of that do you not understand?
Original post by Trapz99
Actually, the Church of England is our state religion. We're not totally secular in the sense that Canada or France are.

Morality comes from God in my opinion but feel free to disagree.

And yes, atheists and people of other religions are killed by ISIS. I am not doubting that- I was just specifically referring to Christians.

As Christians we must not stoop to there level when provoked, remember our God is of love and not terror like Allah commands.
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah I am too. I'm worried that we will see more of these Islamic attacks, not more people expressing their far right opinions,
If the thing you're most worried about as a result of these killings is increased nationalism, you are one fcked up human. Disgusting.
Original post by RomeRules2Day
As Christians we must not stoop to there level when provoked, remember our God is of love and not terror.

Allah is baal.

Yeah I agree. We should not stoop to their level and start attacking mosques but we do need to keep our country safe from these Islamist terrorists.
Armed men burst into a place of worship, they seized an 84 year old man and they slit his throat on front of a crowd of people, what part of that do you not understand?

I know that. Tbh there's been so many mass killings in Europe and the world that I'm starting to get numb to them, which is the scary part. It's happening too often which is worrying.
I know that. Tbh there's been so many mass killings in Europe and the world that I'm starting to get numb to them, which is the scary part. It's happening too often which is worrying.

but you're still worried about a right wing backlash :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
but you're still worried about a right win backlash :rolleyes:

Yeah. Far right groups. :frown:
I would say let's make a new hashtag to show how concerned we all are, but what's the point?

There'll be another hashtag to be made in a few days!
Original post by oShahpo

This is a Christian nation. The reason that we are here today, successful and prosperous is as a result of Christianity, why do you think that we celebrate Christmas and Easter?
Yeah. Far right groups. :frown:

I'm glad to know what your priorities are, beheadings, rape, burning, torture don't matter as long as Le Pen is never elected.
Daesh is a derogatory term for IS. Hmm. I guess it's too early to tell what the motive is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending