The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

When Germany bombed Europe in the 1940's we didn't just lie down and take it. We are at war. Why are we not responding?
Original post by vickidc18
The far right nationalists haven't killed anyone recently apart from that Norwegian nutcase what's Islamic terrorisms death toll so far? BTW Islamisim IS far-right they hate homosexuals treat women like dirt.

True. However, we're not afraid of the far-right because they'll go around murdering people, but because they will screw up our politics and economy if they come to power.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I wouldn't say so. Yes, it's terrible that this has happened (and will no doubt continue to happen), but what's done is done, and any concerns for the future definitely need to be addressed.

Religious nutters killing innocent people is just as bad as far-right nationalists killing religious innocents, no? So the fears aren't exactly unfounded, ergo I don't see how the concern of a potential backlash makes one a terrible person, especially if what's concerning is the prospect of more innocent people dying at the hands of ignorant bigots.

Every attack on Muslim lands by the west is terrorism carried out by our current crop of treacherous politicians. I know Le Pen is bad, but who is worse, a woman who knows the west needs to leave Muslims alone to be left alone, or people like Bush and Blair who killed millions of Muslims and then shipped them in thinking it would be fine and dandy?
Original post by 1010marina
Fair enough. Personally I want someone to put their foot down and stop this slaughter and I think we need radical change for that. But to each their own eh

Yes I agree but I'm worried it may lead to groups attacking other people or "foreigners" or groups that support refugees etc as a result of these terrorist attacks.
Original post by KatieBlogger
When Germany bombed Europe in the 1940's we didn't just lie down and take it. We are at war. Why are we not responding?

Don't know if you know this but France IS bombing the shell out of Syria at the moment.
Original post by oShahpo
The problem with this comment is that it excludes atheists like myself from this plight, as if we're not in danger too. Those people are attacking our liberties and freedom, regardless of our religion. They're not just attacking "Christian" values, they're against liberal values.

That said, this attack is clearly directed towards Christians so you do have a point. Just don't say things like Islam is against Christian values, because if anything they agree much, much more with actual Christian values such as ban of homosexuality and denying higher rights for women, than they do with Liberal values, which they wish to eliminate from the world.

Atheism isn't a religion. Its rejection of religion.
Original post by KatieBlogger

Unfortunately a lot of people in this country identify more with people from the ME than the victims of these terror attacks. A significant chunk of our population does not want us at war with our attackers because they are idolised
Original post by Fractite
Yeah - the media influences.
I think Daesh is a term just used as certain countries don't like or want to use ISIL or ISIS or whatever.

On another note, can anyone remember a time where you didn't have to wake up in the morning to find that another terror attack/mass-murder-not-inspired-by-terrorism attack had taken place every single day?

Oh okay. No I actually can't.
Original post by RomeRules2Day
Atheism isn't a religion. Its rejection of religion.

Should have used "creed" or "conviction", thanks for correcting me.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
All these killings are now going to promote far right wing and nationalist groups. :frown:

THIS is your primary concern? FFS.....no wonder ISIS are able to do all of this*
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Yes I agree but I'm worried it may lead to groups attacking other people or "foreigners" or groups that support refugees etc as a result of these terrorist attacks.

Not sure what you mean by attack but if you mean violence I'm absolutely against that but if you mean like a political attack then sure. Something needs to change, imho. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'd rather we put our nation and the security of queen & country before that of other nations. But on a humanitarian front I see your side too - very difficult territory
Original post by KimKallstrom
THIS is your primary concern? FFS.....no wonder ISIS are able to do all of this*

Please read my other replies. It's not my primary concern.
Original post by oShahpo
Don't know if you know this but France IS bombing the shell out of Syria at the moment.

Yes but we (Britain) have done nothing about Syria. Personally, I believe that it's because our leaders are too scared of another Iraq and being vilified like Blair. They need to grow some balls and act.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Every attack on Muslim lands by the west is terrorism carried out by our current crop of treacherous politicians. I know Le Pen is bad, but who is worse, a woman who knows the west needs to leave Muslims alone to be left alone, or people like Bush and Blair who killed millions of Muslims and then shipped them in thinking it would be fine and dandy?

I'm not quite understanding the relevance here... nor does that contradict what I actually said. What point are you trying to make here?
Original post by Fractite
Yeah - the media influences.
I think Daesh is a term just used as certain countries don't like or want to use ISIL or ISIS or whatever.

On another note, can anyone remember a time where you didn't have to wake up in the morning to find that another terror attack/mass-murder-not-inspired-by-terrorism attack had taken place every single day?

Such a sad state of affairs isn't it :frown: god bless us all

On the Daesh note, I might be wrong, but I think it is a literal translation of IS but it sounds like a naughty word in Arabic so IS prefer it not to be used?
'Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle'

Crusade incoming
The world is just so ****ed up. So much hate. Everyday something mad happens and it just won't stop. Can these people be stopped? How long until boots go on the ground over there and more deaths are caused?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
True. However, we're not afraid of the far-right because they'll go around murdering people, but because they will screw up our politics and economy if they come to power.

"Screw up our politics" What?????

Economy does not matter, what use is a strong economy if we are dead. The issue of migration will destroy the economy in the long run anyway.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'm not quite understanding the relevance here... nor does that contradict what I actually said. What point are you trying to make here?

The so called far-right wants separatism and antiglobalism over more globalist wars, which is what Muslims want as well. Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, Barack Obama have murdered more Muslims than Le Pen, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump but we're supposed to just overlook it. Clinton is a snake, she smiles and says Islam is about peace, only 4 years ago she was pushing Obama to bomb Syria and doing the same to Libya.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
The so called far-right wants separatism and antiglobalism over more globalist wars, which is what Muslims want as well. Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, Barack Obama have murdered more Muslims than Le Pen, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump but we're supposed to just overlook it. Clinton is a snake, she smiles and says Islam is about peace, only 4 years ago she was pushing Obama to bomb Syria and doing the same to Libya.

I may have just woken up, but I'm still not sure how that actually relates to you condemning someone as immoral for fearing that far-right nationalists will start attacking Muslims as a result of recent events.

In an interesting turns of events, I would actually say you're more immoral for insinuating that such fears are unfounded and are therefore not worth worrying about... which is a seemingly strange position to hold given that you also think that the West should be held to account for killing Muslims. Quite the contradiction, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending