The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Perhaps (although several of these are contradicted by passages in the Quran and sunnah), but as we are constantly told, all the stuff relating to fighting and violence only applies to the time of Muhammad. It doesn't apply in 21st century Europe.

Then the quote provided by the user I responded to also doesn't apply? Perfect
Reply 121
Original post by The_Opinion
The pope is already in their sights, although I don't like the current Pope, I wouldn't cry for him. The Catholic church needs a strong leader, he is as cucked as all Western leaders.

You are right, what you said is unfortunately true. The Pope is an adherent of the Liberation teology which is basically SJWiness of the Catholic Church. If he continues to be the Pope the Church will massively lost adherent since nobody would want to be part of an Church that does not stand for you as a religious person. I wish Benedict was still the Pope, and all the criticism he received from the left-wing media prooves he was the right man.
Reply 122
Original post by oShahpo
Well, attacking Syria will only bring us more terrorists attacks in the UK
The RAF has been carrying out attacks on targets in Syria since 2015.
Isn't it strange how whenever something like this happens you always know which religion the attacker is? We need to wipe out Islam the same way the church of England is currently dying.Dont misunderstand me though i'm not saying wipe out muslims just islam.Unfortunately this will never happen because nobody will admit the real problem however it cant be good for our society when the vast majority of humans hold views that would be considered mad in any other context.
Original post by Robby2312
Isn't it strange how whenever something like this happens you always know which religion the attacker is? We need to wipe out Islam the same way the church of England is currently dying.Dont misunderstand me though i'm not saying wipe out muslims just islam.Unfortunately this will never happen because nobody will admit the real problem however it cant be good for our society when the vast majority of humans hold views that would be considered mad in any other context.

we should support liberal muslims and those who leave the faith. Currently they are damned by the left for being porch monkeys.
Original post by slaven
If the attackers prooves to be muslims than you left-wingers have blood on their hands as you caused the first attack of Islam on the Roman Catholic Church in Europe since 1995. And I hope you idiots who love to ***** about Christianity yet have no guts to critise Islam to go in hell. This is becoming personal.

i think you need a lie down
Reply 126
Original post by childofthesun
Then the quote provided by the user I responded to also doesn't apply? Perfect
Depends who you believe.

So which position do you take? That the "rules of war" do not apply, or that some violent verses do not apply?

Also remember that the problem with the "rules of war" is that they are cherry-picked from the Quran and sunnah. I could almost certainly produce a similar list that permits all sorts of violence and barbarity.
Such is the nature of Islam.
Reply 127
Original post by skeptical_john
we should support liberal muslims and those who leave the faith. Currently they are damned by the left for being porch monkeys.
The trouble with the "liberal Muslim" concept is that many still support the aims of groups like ISIS, just not the actual methods. You will be hard pressed to find a Muslim who categorically rejects the Quran passages on wife-beating, sex slavery, flogging for consensual adult sex, Islamist expansionism, religious oppression,etc. They will merely attempt to justify and contextualise those passages, but still claim that the Quran is absolutely true, infallible, immutable and applicable in its entirety.

Truly liberal Muslims, like Maajid Nawaz, are usually villified and rejected by the majority of "moderate Muslims" as a sell-out and "coconut". Just go onto ISOC here and post something by Nawaz and see what response you get.
Original post by skeptical_john

I mostly agree with this statement.However if you give credibility to the views of moderate muslims then this paves the way for extremism.What I mean is that the koran contains both violent and peaceful verses.Moderate muslims disregard the violent verses but extremists dont.So extremists could actually claim that their interpretation is more correct than moderates since they dont cherry pick verses hence they're better muslims.This is why its better to promote a rational viewpoint and just say its all nonsense rather than trying to justify whos interpretation of the koran is more correct.
Peaceful Muslims need to reclaim their religion from the sick nutcases who only preach death and violence non-muslims cant do this without Muslim help Its no good saying "nothing to do with Islam " "be more tolerant" people are dying everyday across the globe. There is a problem within Islamic communities admit it and take back your religion from the fundamentalists. If peaceful muslims do this you won't see a rise in the far right carry on burying your heads in the sand and blaming intolerance and having low expectations of the Muslim community there will be a rise.
Vote TRUMP! If you're American. He's the only one who can stop this **** happening in the US.
I mostly agree with this statement.However if you give credibility to the views of moderate muslims then this paves the way for extremism.What I mean is that the koran contains both violent and peaceful verses.Moderate muslims disregard the violent verses but extremists dont.So extremists could actually claim that their interpretation is more correct than moderates since they dont cherry pick verses hence they're better muslims.This is why its better to promote a rational viewpoint and just say its all nonsense rather than trying to justify whos interpretation of the koran is more correct.

There's an important distinction here between my word 'liberal' and yours 'moderate' by liberal I tolerant and open others way of livings (ok with LGBT/apostasy etc). I also think moderates tend to see the quran as the word of god whereas liberal muslims do not.

I am an atheist and obviously do not share their view however I see it as unrealistic to say that 1.5 billion muslims will suddenly turn atheist if we just say it's bollox it is much more probable that that they can be convinced having your religion and a peaceful, tolerant way of life is compatible but only if there are role models for that way of life.
Horrific, May his soul rest in peace!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
#jesuisfrance #notallmuslims #prayforfrance
Reply 134
This is exactly what is happening.
The extremists label "moderate" Muslims as Munafiq ("hypocrites", or people who are outwardly Muslim, but commit what the literalists consider to be acts of kufr) and as such are liable to capital punishment.
Original post by QE2
The trouble with the "liberal Muslim" concept is that many still support the aims of groups like ISIS, just not the actual methods. You will be hard pressed to find a Muslim who categorically rejects the Quran passages on wife-beating, sex slavery, flogging for consensual adult sex, Islamist expansionism, religious oppression,etc. They will merely attempt to justify and contextualise those passages, but still claim that the Quran is absolutely true, infallible, immutable and applicable in its entirety.

Truly liberal Muslims, like Maajid Nawaz, are usually villified and rejected by the majority of "moderate Muslims" as a sell-out and "coconut". Just go onto ISOC here and post something by Nawaz and see what response you get.

I think there are a lot more than people think. Granted its unfortunate that muslims in the UK tend to be even more conservative than those in muslim countries and historically the media only wanted to see the community leader type muslim on tv who is often not representative.

IMO about 30% of uk muslims are liberal maybe more so not all that rare but no where near enough.
Reply 136
We truly do live in strange and disturbing times when people execute a priest.
Reply 137
Original post by vickidc18
Peaceful Muslims need to reclaim their religion from the sick nutcases who only preach death and violence non-muslims cant do this without Muslim help Its no good saying "nothing to do with Islam " "be more tolerant" people are dying everyday across the globe. There is a problem within Islamic communities admit it and take back your religion from the fundamentalists. If peaceful muslims do this you won't see a rise in the far right carry on burying your heads in the sand and blaming intolerance and having low expectations of the Muslim community there will be a rise.

There is no peacefull Islam. We are currently under a muslims invasion where they are acting as refugees and the left is the fifth columns and traitors. Islam has a long history of attempted expansion to Europe. Just think of Al-Andalus and the Ottoman Empire. This refugee crisis is a continuation of this effords. If we let now thoose muslim refugees to settle to Europe than in 20 year we will have civil wars and 10 time more No-go zones. Therefore we need to defend the borders with Greece, Italy and Spain even by force. Nobody wants to experiment whether a muslim once settled in Europe will be integrated or not it is to risky. And as said people like you have blood on your hand and you should be ashamed.
Original post by democracyforum
#jesuisfrance #notallmuslims #prayforfrance

Can you please Pipe down with these stupid hashtags?

None of this helps and this isn't Facebook
Original post by Amalgamation12
Can you please Pipe down with these stupid hashtags?

None of this helps and this isn't Facebook

He is being ironic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending