The Student Room Group

Shooting in German hospital

It's being reported that a doctor has been shot in the Berlin University hospital. Apparently gunman has killed himself.

Another religion of peace attacker or a personal feud kind of thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Here's a crazy idea how about we wait till the situation is revealed before pointing fingers, yet again.

Also can you provide a link? I've checked a few german newspapers and I can see nothing about this.
Reply 2
Original post by Inexorably
Here's a crazy idea how about we wait till the situation is revealed before pointing fingers, yet again.

Also can you provide a link? I've checked a few german newspapers and I can see nothing about this.

sure, http://news.sky.com/story/shots-fired-at-university-hospital-in-berlin-10513079
it's more like the japanese care home shooting imo
Reply 4
That is sad. But the question you asked is very immature. All around the world, everyday people commit crimes. Do you expect Muslims to be perfect?
Reply 5
Original post by h333
That is sad. But the question you asked is very immature. All around the world, everyday people commit crimes. Do you expect Muslims to be perfect?

If it is just a personal feud/botched robbery shooting, then I do accept that as part of life, stuff like that happens. If it was done in the name of terror and religion however...
Original post by Inexorably

He isn't pointing fingers; he put a question mark at the end of his sentence which means it was a presumption. It isn't irrational to assume that the attacker is affiliated to Islamic terror given the pertinence they have had over the past month, although it mightn't be politically correct.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jake4198
He isn't pointing fingers; he put a question mark at the end of his sentence which means it was a presumption. It isn't irrational to assume that the attacker is affiliated to Islamic terror given the pertinence they have had over the past month, although it might be politically incorrect to those of the left.

He's creating a question for other people to answer, which shouldn't be answered yet. There is no point speculating over who it could be until we actually know as it's a waste of time if we came to some fanciful conclusion that (e.g.) it was the fault of ISIS when it turns out to be an ethnic German not affiliated with this. You really are trying to nitpick here with the use of the question mark.

Thanks for the link, I find it bizarre that it's on a few English sites but I can't find it on any German ones (last time I checked) - including the Bild... but then again, the bild has the worst website layout I have ever dealt with :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by richpanda
If it is just a personal feud/botched robbery shooting, then I do accept that as part of life, stuff like that happens. If it was done in the name of terror and religion however...

Interesting. So you would rather blame the religion than his actions?

Anyone can go around commiting crimes in the name of anything or to get attention. So pretty immature to think like this.
Reply 9
Original post by h333
Interesting. So you would rather blame the religion than his actions?

Anyone can go around commiting crimes in the name of anything or to get attention. So pretty immature to think like this.

Name something that has attacks in its name regularly other than Islam. Thought not.
Reply 10
Name something that has attacks in its name regularly other than Islam. Thought not.

Thanks I expected this immaturity.
Reply 11
Original post by h333
Thanks I expected this immaturity.

How am I being immature? You're the one completely avoiding my question.
Reply 12
How am I being immature? You're the one completely avoiding my question.

To answer your question, I believe no matter what crime a person does, it is nothing but a crime and their own evil actions. So whatever the reason maybe that lead the person to commit the crime at the end of the day, it was his own fault.
Reply 13
Original post by h333

I don't know whether you've noticed but in the past week there have been at least 4 attacks on non-muslims by muslim immigrants and there are more every day. And whilst once it would have been as likely to be a German national or a Jew or a Christian. In the current state of high alert every country is in with the growing threat of extremists it is a fair question. Is this a terror attack or just someone not pleased with their GP? The number of attacks committed by muslims, in the name of daesh, in primarily non-muslim countries in the last week alone is ridiculously disproportionate to the population of them in the country, and whilst it may offend you to hear this there are many people who follow the same faith as you who are mindlessly heartlessly attacking innocent civilians. Even today we have a church or peaceful people doing no wrong attacked and a vicar who's throat was slit just for not believing in a false deity.

http://news.sky.com/story/priest-killed-in-french-hostage-knife-attack-10512914

It is time you face the truth really everyone is suspecting things being terrorist attacks because so many attacks are.

Yes people die in London, in all cities in all countries most of these though are accidental, unlinked or linked to gangs and gang crime. But suddenly a single organisation claiming to be linked to a religion has killed over 500 innocent people in under a year. This is why people suspect a terrorist attack.

You are immature for not accepting this is a very likely possibility.

http://news.sky.com/story/history-of-deadly-attacks-in-france-10339588
And that last bit's just in France.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by BobSausage
I don't know whether you've noticed but in the past week there have been at least 4 attacks on non-muslims by muslim immigrants and there are more every day. And whilst once it would have been as likely to be a German national or a Jew or a Christian. In the current state of high alert every country is in with the growing threat of extremists it is a fair question. Is this a terror attack or just someone not pleased with their GP? The number of attacks committed by muslims, in the name of daesh, in primarily non-muslim countries in the last week alone is ridiculously disproportionate to the population of them in the country, and whilst it may offend you to hear this there are many people who follow the same faith as you who are mindlessly heartlessly attacking innocent civilians. Even today we have a church or peaceful people doing no wrong attacked and a vicar who's throat was slit just for not believing in a false deity.

http://news.sky.com/story/priest-killed-in-french-hostage-knife-attack-10512914

It is time you face the truth really everyone is suspecting things being terrorist attacks because so many attacks are.

Yes people die in London, in all cities in all countries most of these though are accidental, unlinked or linked to gangs and gang crime. But suddenly a single organisation claiming to be linked to a religion has killed over 500 innocent people in under a year. This is why people suspect a terrorist attack.

You are immature for not accepting this is a very likely possibility.

http://news.sky.com/story/history-of-deadly-attacks-in-france-10339588
And that last bit's just in France.

Read my post above. I don't approve anyone doing a crime regardless of the religion, race, background etc.

Countless people have died over several of years and are still victims of drone attacks (even at hospitals, oh sorry maybe it is always a mistake) and by the name of politics. But we fail to see that too.

I don't need to say much more. Even if this person turns out to be a Muslim, he has done wrong and was his own evil intention.
Original post by h333
To answer your question, I believe no matter what crime a person does, it is nothing but a crime and their own evil actions. So whatever the reason maybe that lead the person to commit the crime at the end of the day, it was his own fault.

Do you not believe that an ideology can inspire people to commit acts of evil? I would argue that all Nazi's were inspire by an ideology, or that all ISIS members are inspired by an ideology. And if an ideology does inspire hatred and evildoing, should the ideology not be criticised? Or do you believe it is always down to the individual and ideology cannot be blamed?
I wonder why BBC is still not reporting this?
I doubt this is Jihadi. Suicide is Haram.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I doubt this is Jihadi. Suicide is Haram.

Lol nice try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA

I'll quote you when the facts prove me right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending