The Student Room Group

Dear math teacher.

Thank you for giving me a book and telling me to go through it at my own pace
and then telling me to mark my own work with the answer book thank you for
doing this from the start of year 9 until year 11.

Thank you for not teaching me equations or bothering to set up a proper lesson plan thank you for letting me leave school with the Math skills of a lower teaching group year 8 pupil.

thank you for basicly making it hard if not imposable to get a ****ing job.

rant over
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i know that but the GCSE grade still stands at a (G)
You can re-take it if you desire, you should have reported him if he was being neglectful of your studies.
Reply 3
Original post by New- Emperor
Thank you for giving me a book and telling me to go through it at my own pace
and then telling me to mark my own work with the answer book thank you for
doing this from the start of year 9 until year 11.

Thank you for not teaching me equations or bothering to set up a proper lesson plan thank you for letting me leave school with the Math skills of a lower teaching group year 8 pupil.

thank you for basicly making it hard if not imposable to get a ****ing job.

rant over

Accept some responsibility for yourself man.
Original post by Antediluvian
You can re-take it if you desire, you should have reported him if he was being neglectful of your studies.

I have i got an E because i don't have the basics. I wish I had bt everyone told me not to say anthing because he was the Deputy head and he could make life diffacult for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
This method might work, but only with the top students that are capable of self-teaching, some even prefer it [like myself], but it doesn't sound like the case here. Sorry you had such a **** teacher :frown: He could have had good intentions, but I'm not sure if it was just pure laziness or knowing going through at your own pace can have a positive impact. But, it could have been helped, although it's too late now :frown: I advise you retake, an E will reflect pretty poorly when applying for a job.
Original post by New- Emperor

rant over

You should also have a go at your English teacher for failing to get over the message that mathematics is contracted to maths in Britain, not math (which is American usage). Has he/she taught you to spell sceptical with a k?
What's the excuse for not being able to spell "impossible"? English teacher tell you to just go and read the dictionary?

Surely you have the basics from years 7-9?
Your maths progress in keystage 3/4 will not dictate whether you get a job or not.....
Original post by _gcx
This method might work, but only with the top students that are capable of self-teaching, some even prefer it [like myself], but it doesn't sound like the case here. Sorry you had such a **** teacher :frown: He could have had good intentions, but I'm not sure if it was just pure laziness or knowing going through at your own pace can have a positive impact. But, it could have been helped, although it's too late now :frown: I advise you retake, an E will reflect pretty poorly when applying for a job.

yeah the E was a retake i went up 2 grades in a yere with a comptant teacher just think what i could have acheved with 3.
Places like Khan Academy will help fill in some of the gaps for you :smile:
Original post by Good bloke
You should also have a go at your English teacher for failing to get over the message that mathematics is contracted to maths in Britain, not math (which is American usage). Has he/she taught you to spell sceptical with a k?

Well, Mathematics comes from the Greek Mathematika, which comes from the Greek adjective Mathematik. To turn the adjective into a noun the Greeks add an A in the end, so it becomes Mathematika. Coincidentally, that's also how they pluralise some of their nouns. Daft translators mistook Mathematika, which literally means all things mathematic, for a plural noun, hence the S. Therefore, the correct word for mathematics shouldn't have an S in the end as it is NOT a plural, but a noun. So I am afraid to say the Americans got it right when say Math, not Maths. But I understand that's how it is here.
if you wanna be good at maths then DO MATHS. find questions and attempt them and use youtube videos to learn topics !!
YOU'RE WELCOME....

Doesn't seem like your English teacher is any better, either...
Original post by F.Nietzsche
YOU'RE WELCOME....

Ironic that Helen probably has trouble counting to 100.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Ironic that Helen probably has trouble counting to 100.

Not when it comes to counting....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maths*
I am a maths dyslexic yet i managed to pass my maths GCSE with the higher paper aswell.

You can do anything if you try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending