The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Forensic Studies at BU

Scroll to see replies

English literature and language is one course they changed it this year haha there is no way I could do 4 either ! I have not properly seen Cranbourne yet so I am going to see there on the open day , but that would be rest to meet up !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Catrionaflavelle
Hi Steve,

I am actually having a lot of problems trying to find the train from waterloo to Bournemouth. I will be getting a plane to Gatwick so ill have to get the Gatwick express to Victoria station, do you know if it is easy to get from there to waterloo station?

Catriona

Hi Catriona

I'm Patricia and I am a current student at BU and also an ambassador for the Uni! I know planning the logistics of things like open days can be a bit difficult especially if you're not familiar with the location! Maybe you can try and get a flight from Belfast to Southampton Airport and then its only 30 train journey to Bournemouth!
Or you can fly into Gatwick and then get a coach from gatwick airport straight to the uni!

Have a look and see how you get on with those. If you have any more questions, just message me!

Good Luck and hope to see you there
Patricia :biggrin:
Original post by Catrionaflavelle
I'm considering it, my only problem is getting there! I could get a plane to London and then a train but I'm trying to see if there are any closer airports! I would love to be able to go and have a look around! At least when it comes to are first class we can worry less cause we'll actually know someone haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey was wondering if u checked Bournemouth airport, it's quite a cheap flight, it may be easier, I live near Bournemouth so use the airport regularly and is quite.
Hi I might be a bit late but I am also studying Forensic Science at BU this September! I lived in Lyme Regis last year whilst doing a different course and I absolutely loved it. If you are hoping to get a room there try the upper floors as some (like mine did) have sea views but it is quite hot!. Alternatively Chesil house is managed by the same team and it is a bit quieter but all of my mates that lived there loved it. I am currently living in Cranborne over the summer and its really nice (try and go for the premium rooms with double beds).
Original post by ThatNerdLife
Hi I might be a bit late but I am also studying Forensic Science at BU this September! I lived in Lyme Regis last year whilst doing a different course and I absolutely loved it. If you are hoping to get a room there try the upper floors as some (like mine did) have sea views but it is quite hot!. Alternatively Chesil house is managed by the same team and it is a bit quieter but all of my mates that lived there loved it. I am currently living in Cranborne over the summer and its really nice (try and go for the premium rooms with double beds).

hey , yeah i looked at the premium rooms at cranbourne and loved them but i found that the some of the normal rooms were bigger than premium when you would expect the premium to be bigger haha . So did you do one year at BU then change course at the end ?
Original post by Felisemartin
Hello Amy ,

Thank you so much , you have helped a lot . I came to the applicant day and I loved the crime scene facility there so I am really looking forward to studying at BU so hopefully I can get the grades to get in ! Thanks again and good luck with the rest of your final year!

Felise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Felise,

I a recent forensic science graduate from BU who is now studying forensic toxicology at BU please feel free to ask me anything about the course/lecturers/uni life.

As I am an ambassador also, I was wondering whether you found the course videos influenced at all in applying to BU ?

Gina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending