The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I haven't really posted on here yet but the nerves are really starting to kick in :frown: waiting on my A2 results and need AAA, but I'm really starting to doubt I've got that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyPilot
Thanks - my A grade was very close to the A* but it was good enough lol - got the A* elsewhere (sociology) and three other A grades so can't complain! You're brave doing maths - I run screaming from that subject as fast as possible :biggrin:

oh wow congrats on your grades ; they're really impressive !!
Original post by DarkEnergy
Wow, that's insane.

The Junior Doctors strike and other NHS issues have had a big impact on conversion...add in that applicants for med this year were already 12% down on 5 years ago and a very different game is starting to emerge.
It kind of bothers me that I'm gonna be starting year 12(A2 for me) and I'm an year more or less young than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks - take heart from it because I was just like you and everyone else at the time - terrified I wouldn't make it - although my firm only wanted ABB so my margin for error was slightly better lol. Keep positive - it will all work out I am sure.
Original post by fefssdf
oh wow congrats on your grades ; they're really impressive !!
Thanks - take heart from it because I was just like you and everyone else at the time - terrified I wouldn't make it - although my firm only wanted ABB so my margin for error was slightly better lol. Keep positive - it will all work out I am sure.

I need AAA for my firm and AAA/A*AB for my insurance so praying that A* to scrape my way into uni but expecting AAB TBH
Original post by DarkEnergy
Wow, that's insane.

That's quite odd like normally the general concessus is that unis are never in clearing for medicine haha ; well hopefully this means some people will still get into their dream course !
Where are your firm and insurance choices?
Original post by fefssdf
I need AAA for my firm and AAA/A*AB for my insurance so praying that A* to scrape my way into uni but expecting AAB TBH
Where are your firm and insurance choices?

Firm - nottingham insurance - Manchester but kinda wanna go to my insurance more and might use adjustment if I can to get into it lol . I'm so confused right now !
Hey guys this is just a general question the subjects I do are biology psychology sociology ( eng lit - dropping)
What career paths are there I was thinking biological sciences because I'm more into the science field but I don't want to waste time doing a course at uni that won't guarantee a job so are there any ideas?
Thankyou
Manchester was my insurance choice too lol. I got a reduced offer from them of BBB instead of AAB as I participated in the Manchester Access Programme through my college so spent quite a lot of time at UofM during my AS year. I know a few people who got in there too despite slightly missing their offer so don't give up hope.
Original post by fefssdf
Firm - nottingham insurance - Manchester but kinda wanna go to my insurance more and might use adjustment if I can to get into it lol . I'm so confused right now !
Original post by coboyle098
I haven't really posted on here yet but the nerves are really starting to kick in :frown: waiting on my A2 results and need AAA, but I'm really starting to doubt I've got that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh same ; I'm expecting AAB cause of stupid English language lol
Manchester was my insurance choice too lol. I got a reduced offer from them of BBB instead of AAB as I participated in the Manchester Access Programme through my college so spent quite a lot of time at UofM during my AS year. I know a few people who got in there too despite slightly missing their offer so don't give up hope.

Yeh I hope I get in there with AAB lol cause they sent an email saying about how they will consider everyone who ' narrowly missed their offer ' and my school is on the list of ' crap ' schools basically meaning my application was ' flagged up ' cause of contextual data so hopefully that counts in my favour ; I'm tempted to swap my firm and insurance but can't decide ! Like idk
Guys,
I would appreciate if someone could help me.
Things have gone horribly wrong this year. Would I have a chance in clearing for DDD at ANY Uni for Biochemistry?
I done Maths, Bio and Chem at A2.
Original post by fefssdf

Hey mate, which course have you applied for? Was it maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1316
Original post by Anonymous191
Guys,
Things have gone horribly wrong this year. Would I have a chance in clearing for DDD at ANY Uni for Biochemistry?

You might get in to somewhere like Cumbria University with CDD, but I imagine DDD is pushing it. Not entirely sure though.
Original post by fefssdf
Yh same ; I'm expecting AAB cause of stupid English language lol

English Literature destroyed me this year so I'm so afraid haha! What course are you hoping to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SH0405
You might get in to somewhere like Cumbria University with CDD, but I imagine DDD is pushing it. Not entirely sure though.

Hmm, might plan to resit the year then, or just see how results day goes..
Original post by Anonymous191
Guys,

Looking at accredited Biochem courses it would be worth approaching Salford for their Bio with foundation year (http://www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/biology-foundation-year ) . Or it might be worth approaching Herts (http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/biochemistry2 ) or Huddersfield (http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/2016-17/full-time/undergraduate/biochemistry-bsc-hons/ - also offer a foundation year route).

Unfortunately for an accredited course they will usually have to meet minimum entry standards so your options for direct entry will be very limited.

Quick Reply

Latest