The Student Room Group

Suddenly hate my 'nice guy' boyfriend, I miss all my ex 'bad boys', should I dump him

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Clee Torres
Correction, you hate your boring boyfriend and want to go back to your exciting ex boyfriends.

You're looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

I suppose you could reach out to them and see how they respond.

The one I miss the most isn't allowed near me because of the restraining order. Not sure if he's going to take the risk (unless I apply to court to have the order dismissed). And I'm not 100% sure if that's a good idea either, even though I kind of want to! Not sure about the others. I was thinking about getting into a relationship with someone new.

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Imagine being so delusional and pathetic to think that because im giving them the courtesy of replying i must "want their dick" :lol:

If i was to turn gay i could do faaar better

Sure sure.
Attachment not found

Original post by AppleB
LMFAOOO
It's actually a cat filter:u:
The dog filter is waaaaay different :rofl:

Call me cat face :biggrin:

Looks more like a hamster to me tbh! : )

Original post by Anonymous
You sound like someone who gets into relationships because you don't know how to be alone. Stop wasting his and your own time and end it ASAP.

It says a lot about your character to **** off your bf whilst you remain in an unhappy relationship with him..
You need time alone to learn to deal with yourself enough so that you aren't totally reliant on being in a relationship all the time.
It really makes me cringe when people are so insecure with themselves that they cannot stand being single for five minutes.

Work on yourself before you go ruining someone's life and using them as a time filler.

Nah there's no way I can change now

Original post by RomanKing
you sound like you're too young be in a relationship.
be single and do your boyfriend a favour while he can still dodge the bullet.

enjoy :smile:

I'm 23, that's hardly too young.

Original post by Lauren_Connor
I don't know you but from reading what you put i'd say your one of those girls who say they love a 'Bad Boy'but as soon as something goes wrong you then start to say how much you want a 'Good Guy.'
Having a good guy is much better then a 'Bad' one usually they are always immature Douche bags who don't deserve half the girls they get!! And that Good Guy well he just wants someone who wants to be with him, so if you don't want to be with him then tell him as it's not fair for him to hold on to something that isn't there when he can find it with someone else.

*guys
I don't know, all my previous boyfriends were psychos, this is my first good guy boyfriend. I just miss their mind games, not sure why! Of course, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns but idk maybe I've learned to enjoy all that psychological ********, being pushed away or hurt, apologies, making up, things being great again etc etc now, it just gave me a sense of purpose and made me want them more (until things went totally downhill and I needed a break). I just provoke arguments all the time nowadays but my boyfriend doesn't really like that at all and usually doesn't get drawn into them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Toxic people excite you and you live for the pain.

I know exactly how this feels. Getting involved with people who you know are bad for you, but they are just so exciting and you know it's going to hurt in the end but in that moment it's ecstatic and you feel truly elated.

I cut off one of these types 6 months ago but I still think about her every day. She began to make me very unhappy, but she was my absolute favourite person and I'm still so fascinated by her even though were no longer in each others lives. It's about respecting yourself and knowing when to let go.

Going back to someone from the past is always a bad idea, don't do it.
To be honest I don't care.
Original post by Ciel.
The one I miss the most isn't allowed near me because of the restraining order. Not sure if he's going to take the risk (unless I apply to court to have the order dismissed). And I'm not 100% sure if that's a good idea either, even though I kind of want to!

What? LOL...just when you thought you'd seen and heard everything:happy2:
Original post by Ciel.

I'm 23, that's hardly too young.

Exactly. Not talking about your physical age.
You don't sound ready mentally. Ultimately you want fun, not a relationship.

Either way, tell your boyfriend because he deserves better.

:smile:
Reply 185
Toxic people excite you and you live for the pain.

I know exactly how this feels. Getting involved with people who you know are bad for you, but they are just so exciting and you know it's going to hurt in the end but in that moment it's ecstatic and you feel truly elated.

I cut off one of these types 6 months ago but I still think about her every day. She began to make me very unhappy, but she was my absolute favourite person and I'm still so fascinated by her even though were no longer in each others lives. It's about respecting yourself and knowing when to let go.

Going back to someone from the past is always a bad idea, don't do it.

That sucks. What is this **** then, some kind of emotional masochism?

Original post by Kendrik Lamar
What? LOL...just when you thought you'd seen and heard everything:happy2:

Oh well, you wouldn't understand, even if your life depended on it.

Original post by RomanKing
Exactly. Not talking about your physical age.
You don't sound ready mentally. Ultimately you want fun, not a relationship.

Either way, tell your boyfriend because he deserves better.

:smile:

He doesn't.
I'll be honest, this is exactly how I felt with my old relationship and got so bored so I did end it. To be honest, I'm so glad I did. I am having more fun and laughing so much more since. But, I'm staying away from boys so it wasn't about bad boys or anything.

I am 20 so I do think that age factors into it. If I was 30 I think I'd have a different mindset.
Reply 187
Original post by bethwalker85
I'll be honest, this is exactly how I felt with my old relationship and got so bored so I did end it. To be honest, I'm so glad I did. I am having more fun and laughing so much more since. But, I'm staying away from boys so it wasn't about bad boys or anything.

I am 20 so I do think that age factors into it. If I was 30 I think I'd have a different mindset.

Was it also really sudden in your case? The feeling of boredom etc
I love how everyone here is just pointing fingers and not trying to resolve the issue.

Break up with him OP, no relationship is worth it if it's not your type.
But two things:
1) Don't say this lot didn't warn you with the whole 'bad boy' thing.
2) Do emphasise when you break up with him that he hasn't done anything majorly wrong or abhorrent.
Reply 189
Original post by AlphaArgonian
I love how everyone here is just pointing fingers and not trying to resolve the issue.

Break up with him OP, no relationship is worth it if it's not your type.
But two things:
1) Don't say this lot didn't warn you with the whole 'bad boy' thing.
2) Do emphasise when you break up with him that he hasn't done anything majorly wrong or abhorrent.

Yeah I think I will do that
Original post by Ciel.

Hope it works out for you!
Original post by Ciel.
Was it also really sudden in your case? The feeling of boredom etc

Yes quite, although it took me like 2 months to pluck up the courage and dump him.
Original post by Ciel.

Well break up with him then and let him find a nice girl he deserves, but the grass isn't greener on the other side. I had a girl break up with me because she thought I was too nice only for her to come crying back a couple months later when it didn't work out with the next person, but by then I'd find someone else.
Reply 193
Original post by Rock Fan
Well break up with him then and let him find a nice girl he deserves, but the grass isn't greener on the other side. I had a girl break up with me because she thought I was too nice only for her to come crying back a couple months later when it didn't work out with the next person, but by then I'd find someone else.

He doesn't like girls :giggle: But aww that's really sad. Guess it wasn't true love then!
Original post by Ciel.
He doesn't like girls :giggle: But aww that's really sad. Guess it wasn't true love then!

Guys whichever, no it wasn't true love even though she started giving it the oh you was the only person I truly loved etc
Reply 195
Original post by Rock Fan
Guys whichever, no it wasn't true love even though she started giving it the oh you was the only person I truly loved etc

bet that's me like next month or something :laugh:
I think you should dump him, it's best for both of you. It's clearly wrong for you, and wrong for him. He should be with a nice lady who wants him genuinely for being nice, not someone who wanted some peace and a fallback in between 'bad boys'
Reply 197
I think you should dump him, it's best for both of you. It's clearly wrong for you, and wrong for him. He should be with a nice lady who wants him genuinely for being nice, not someone who wanted some peace and a fallback in between 'bad boys'

He likes DICKS, how many times do I have to repeat myself?
Original post by Ciel.
He likes DICKS, how many times do I have to repeat myself?

I blame TSR removing the gender icon under the name for this confusion
Reply 199
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I blame TSR removing the gender icon under the name for this confusion

Ugh, don't even get me started on this. Two weeks ago some random guy PMed me, wanting pics of my pussy. Just to clarify, no, he didn't mean my cat.:biggrin: Or my boy pussy. How disappointed he was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending