The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SassKing13
I agree with this :smile: Still searching myself :tongue:

Awwwhhh same here! May I ask how old you are, if you don't mind? I'm 15, so like even though theirs girls and boys out there that are in relationships, it's not that bad, but I do feel like it's not going to happen ever. But oh well. :biggrin:
I agree yet again :tongue:

I'll rep you as soon as possible! You deserve them alot! :h:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Awwwhhh same here! May I ask how old you are, if you don't mind? I'm 15, so like even though theirs girls and boys out there that are in relationships, it's not that bad, but I do feel like it's not going to happen ever. But oh well. :biggrin:

I'm 20 :smile: and I've only ever had 1 proper relationship so far. That was last year - was long distance and we met through this site actually. I understand :smile: You've got plenty of time (people tell me this when I worry about this too :tongue:). I really don't think it'll never happen :tongue: :smile: Believe me, if someone had told me that I would have my first relationship at the start of last year, I wouldn't of believed them :tongue: These things are unexpected in my experience - well, what little experience I've had so far :lol: Don't lose hope, you will find someone :smile:
Original post by Jazzy97
You need to cut the crap and realise that an attitude like that is not doing you any favours. Take advice with a pinch of salt, but if you can't take constructive criticism, than have a nice day.

I value constructive criticism Jazzy97, believe me. I will listen and hang onto every word you say.

You don't have an answer yourself. I tell you women online avoid me like the plague and you have no suggestions as to why. Do you honest to God think I go on dating sites and message each girl saying "I'm desperate and lonely and NEED YOU TO GIVE ME ATTENTION". Jesus hell no, I just strike up a conversation like any other human being and get on with my life afterwards.

Girls on here avoid me like the plague. Why? I'm not trying to date anyone here ffs. I've messaged people in the past only for them to stop mid-conversation. Why? Am I boring? Intense? Asking too personal questions? What is it about me?

Girls don't notice me on the street, in the clubs, anywhere. I'm invisible.

I am fed up of going on numerous internet forums, hiring people, asking friends & family questions only to be given the same *****y response every single time. "There is nothing wrong with you", yet I see it clear as day that women want nothing to do with me. Not as a acquaintance, not as a friend, not as a fling, not as a lover.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 20 :smile: and I've only ever had 1 proper relationship so far. That was last year - was long distance and we met through this site actually. I understand :smile: You've got plenty of time (people tell me this when I worry about this too :tongue:). I really don't think it'll never happen :tongue: :smile: Believe me, if someone had told me that I would have my first relationship at the start of last year, I wouldn't of believed them :tongue: These things are unexpected in my experience - well, what little experience I've had so far :lol: Don't lose hope, you will find someone :smile:

Oh cool! You've still got your life ahead of you! That's cool! Awwwhhh thank youu! & I hope so :h: Haha, don't worry you'll be adding many more experiences to that one, when people start getting to know you properly, your really lovely! :redface: Thank you so much! :colondollar:
Alright perhaps I'm being too harsh here, My apologies.

Do you lead things forward, or do you find yourself talking about topics besides the actual date? It could be the fact that you are not leading things forward and instead are taking a passive role which isn't a good approach.

Due to the fact that I don't know what kind of content you actually talk about I don't know what tone you might portray yourself in. You might be saying something hurtful or downplaying yourself to them. It could be the fact that you are being over confident.

All I'm saying is that if you don't make yourself known, like actively going up to girls and striking conversations than you will be invisible.

Have you ever heard anyone say anything about you behind your back, or any rumors flying around about you?
Oh cool! You've still got your life ahead of you! That's cool! Awwwhhh thank youu! & I hope so :h: Haha, don't worry you'll be adding many more experiences to that one, when people start getting to know you properly, your really lovely! :redface: Thank you so much! :colondollar:

Yeah I do really...I mean this whole thing does get me a bit down at times, because it is something I would quite like in life :tongue: The type of person I am though, it's not the partying, nightclubbing, drinking type :tongue: So I guess it's not the easiest thing in the world for me to meet people I suppose... I don't know. I'm not even looking for loads of dates :tongue: I'd be quite happy to find that one person to spend the rest of my life with :redface: (actually I suppose everyone is like that really :tongue:). Thank you very much :smile: and you're very welcome :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

*You can PM me about this if you want. I'm quite enjoying the conversation tbh :tongue:
*You can PM me about this if you want. I'm quite enjoying the conversation tbh :tongue:

Okay, I'll just clear my inbox! :biggrin:
Original post by Jazzy97
Alright perhaps I'm being too harsh here, My apologies.

Do you lead things forward, or do you find yourself talking about topics besides the actual date? It could be the fact that you are not leading things forward and instead are taking a passive role which isn't a good approach.

Due to the fact that I don't know what kind of content you actually talk about I don't know what tone you might portray yourself in. You might be saying something hurtful or downplaying yourself to them. It could be the fact that you are being over confident.

All I'm saying is that if you don't make yourself known, like actively going up to girls and striking conversations than you will be invisible.

Have you ever heard anyone say anything about you behind your back, or any rumors flying around about you?

I do all of this.
Oh man you're so confused. You need to talk to more girls in general, not even for dates or anything. You just need to start understanding how a women's mind works. Of course a girl can sense confidence or insecurity over text. I've met around 7 girls in real life that I've met online (most without even a phone call or FaceTime session) which meant that the biggest factor to my success is what I said and how I said it.

If there is one thing you should know, it's that girls are motivated by emotion, not looks. I would consider myself under average on a bad day but yet I have been with girls way out of my league because of my choice of words and attitude, not looks.
Original post by Lemon Haze
You need to talk to more girls in general, not even for dates or anything..

The vast majority of my friends are female.
I have tried speaking to women on this site to no avail.
I have spoken to girls at parties, clubs, society meets, work, volunteering with the sole intention of talking. Nothing more.

Perhaps I'm giving off the impression on here that every single interaction I have with a member of the opposite sex is for the sole reason of getting a hookup/date/relationship. It is not.
Original post by Emily.97
I dont think its an achievement to have been on tons and tons of dates. Have you ever seen first dates?
You'll see a pattern of behaviour where people sift through so many dates because they expect to find some kind of "spark", "click" or "connection" within an hour of talking to someone, when in reality, things take so much more time. So when things dont go perfectly, people give up too soon. People expect too much too soon, and so it isnt necessary to go on loads of dates with loads of people- lets slow things down.

:ditto: I would rather wait for the right person than go on dates with many random people and lead them on unintentionally.
I don't just want to date anyone and everyone just for the sake of finding 'the one.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending