The Student Room Group

Maximum height in terms of velocity.(M2)

Hi,
I'm going through questions in a M2 textbook and I've come across tis question. I don't really know what It wants me to do.

A ball is kicked from the floor of a gym at 40 degrees to the horizontal at a speed of Vms-1. Find in terms of V, the maximum height to which the ball rises.

The answer is 0.021V^2. I have no Idea on how to interpret this. Any help would be appreciated
Original post by student1856
Hi,
I'm going through questions in a M2 textbook and I've come across tis question. I don't really know what It wants me to do.

A ball is kicked from the floor of a gym at 40 degrees to the horizontal at a speed of Vms-1. Find in terms of V, the maximum height to which the ball rises.

The answer is 0.021V^2. I have no Idea on how to interpret this. Any help would be appreciated

It's max height. So work everything from the vertical perspective, you can ignore the horizontal. You can find the time in terms of V when it is at its max height, and use that to figure out the max height.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RDKGames
It's max height. So work everything from the vertical perspective, you can ignore the horizontal. You can find the time in terms of V when it is at its max height, and use that to figure out the max height.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks very much. :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest