The Student Room Group

How to date secretly??

Id like to get partner now because i'd like to spend time with someone, not only for love but as friends as well. I want to go 10 years in time and have such memories...

The thing is in my religion you're not allowed to date unless is for marriage... and if any member were to find out, I could face horrible consequences....How could I be discreet when dating? (If I'm able to get a partner)

I know i might look stupid taking the risk, but I was brought like this and I'm trying to find out where I belong in this world and maybe this step could help realize if this what I really want or I actually agree with my beliefs...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Id like to get partner now because i'd like to spend time with someone, not only for love but as friends as well. I want to go 10 years in time and have such memories...

The thing is in my religion you're not allowed to date unless is for marriage... and if any member were to find out, I could face horrible consequences....How could I be discreet when dating? (If I'm able to get a partner)

I know i might look stupid taking the risk, but I was brought like this and I'm trying to find out where I belong in this world and maybe this step could help realize if this what I really want or I actually agree with my beliefs...

Why do you want to be a liar / cheat? Just be a good muslim and wait for marriage. It wont be long.
what do you think?
Reply 3
Make it seem to everyone like it is just a friendship. I assume you're allowed to be friends with people? Keep the specifically dating aspect to private locations.
Why do you want to be a liar / cheat? Just be a good muslim and wait for marriage. It wont be long.

:colonhash:
Look I'm a Muslim, and I date.
I've had a "girlfriend" for 4 months now, and I'm going to be honest, you can make it seem like she's your best friend.
My "girlfriend" is also my best friend, and that's how we go about doing it, and honestly, we don't do anything that goes against Islam, we just hangout, and have loads of laughs together.
Boyfriend and Girlfriend is basically just a social status in a way; if you're super close with a girl, she's practically your Best Girl Friend, if that makes sense? Haha
Hope I could help
Original post by theonecenter
I've had a "girlfriend" for 4 months now, and I'm going to be honest, you can make it seem like she's your best friend.
My "girlfriend" is also my best friend, and that's how we go about doing it, and honestly, we don't do anything that goes against Islam, we just hangout, and have loads of laughs together.
Boyfriend and Girlfriend is basically just a social status in a way; if you're super close with a girl, she's practically your Best Girl Friend, if that makes sense? Haha
Hope I could help

What a lovely post! Expect a whole torrent of posts from the Muslims on here saying you'll go to hell and you should dump your gf immediately.
Drop your religion and live your life as you see fit instead of following millenia old scripture that hasn't moved with the times.

I'd say that you'll find it much more rewarding, but each to the own.

Either that, or just date. And if your parents don't like it, tell them to blow it out their respective arses. It's your life, not theirs.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What a lovely post! Expect a whole torrent of posts from the Muslims on here saying you'll go to hell and you should dump your gf immediately.

Thank you :smile: With all due respect, I've been called a terrorist also, and any Muslim knows that Allah said only He has the power to judge who goes to Heaven and Hell
At the end of the day, I want to leave a legacy where I've met and helped people of all races and religions.
Negativity doesn't have a place in my life, even though I seem to be surrounded in it
You don't need to drop your religion but you should take comfort in the fact that exploring and learning about yourself is a normal part of growing up.
Thank you :smile: With all due respect, I've been called a terrorist also, and any Muslim knows that Allah said only He has the power to judge who goes to Heaven and Hell
At the end of the day, I want to leave a legacy where I've met and helped people of all races and religions.
Negativity doesn't have a place in my life, even though I seem to be surrounded in it

It's sad that you have been called a terrorist. You seem like a lovely person.

Ahhh yes but you would be surprised how judgemental and backward some members are.
It's sad that you have been called a terrorist. You seem like a lovely person.

Ahhh yes but you would be surprised how judgemental and backward some members are.

I appreciate your kindness MrsSheldonCooper :smile:
I have come across MANY judgemental human beings in my lifetime.
Nevertheless, I'm not one to back down out of fear

Im not muslim man im just a well brought up christian which is rare nowadays
Reply 13

If a Muslim says to another Muslim or anyone that they will go to hell and are prideful about it, then they should really reflect on their behaviour. No Muslim is allowed to be so certain, only Allah/God can judge, as no body knows the future of others.
Original post by h333
If a Muslim says to another Muslim or anyone that they will go to hell and are prideful about it, then they should really reflect on their behaviour. No Muslim is allowed to be so certain, only Allah/God can judge, as no body knows the future of others.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who call themselves Muslims yet feel that they reserve the right to decree where someone shall go on Judgement Day
Reply 15
You'd be surprised at the number of people who call themselves Muslims yet feel that they reserve the right to decree where someone shall go on Judgement Day

I understand. No human being is perfect. Sometimes their ego and pride overtakes them unfortunately. We can only advise or deliver a message not start threatening them.
Im not muslim man im just a well brought up christian which is rare nowadays

The awkward moment when everyone starts bringing up and debating Islam, when OP is Christian :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
The awkward moment when everyone starts bringing up and debating Islam, when OP is Christian :lol:

Lol!
Hope I could help

I think what you've said is good.

Do you love her, do you want to marry her? Or is she temporary? Only in the latter case would it be bad.

But the fact that you can restrain yourself physically is great, as thats where trouble starts.
Original post by h333
I understand. No human being is perfect. Sometimes their ego and pride overtakes them unfortunately. We can only advise or deliver a message not start threatening them.

Amen to that my friend. Just trying to leave a positive legacy in my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending