The Student Room Group

Places that don't require a CV to apply for a temp job?

Does anyone know any?

So far i know sainburys and waitrose as 2 where you can just apply no cv needed
Next... I used to work there last summer as a temp.
I worked as a temp at HMV and I never had to hand one in
Reply 3
Original post by loooopppyyy
mcdonalds?

really? i thought you had to hand one in....
Original post by amingo26
Next... I used to work there last summer as a temp.

oh awesome thanks :smile:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I worked as a temp at HMV and I never had to hand one in

good suggestion but i think the HM's around where i live have all closed down :/
Reply 4
I think most places require some form of record and a personal statement which gives the employer some indication of who you are and any relevant skills. Saying that I do know a few places that break the mould in this regard and prefer a face to face interview, these places are located in Edinburgh. Is there a particular reason why you are asking about requiring a cv? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JJameson
I think most places require some form of record and a personal statement which gives the employer some indication of who you are and any relevant skills. Saying that I do know a few places that break the mould in this regard and prefer a face to face interview, these places are located in Edinburgh. Is there a particular reason why you are asking about requiring a cv? :smile:

because i really want to get a job for the summer and starting earning for personal reasons.

simply a CV i'm not sure what to do, i mean there are loads of templates online but i just don't know which to use and all that
Original post by flyingd
Does anyone know any?

So far i know sainburys and waitrose as 2 where you can just apply no cv needed

Booths?
Reply 7
I just remembered that I was offered a job in Glasgow holding a stick for five hours on a Saturday for £40.00 :smile: I think it advertised the local meat market (no pun intended ) So definitely opportunities out there. Just to expand on some of the earlier responses, I think the KEY point is that most places will not accept a traditional CV but ask that you apply using their own pro=forma or website. I previously worked at HMV during the summer a few years back and was asked to complete an application form, co-op and Tesco were the same in this regard, , During the few months I applied to McDonalds where my friends dad is a supervisor and was asked to register on their website which basically allows you to submit a CV on their website.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
i don't think we have any of those in burnley
I just remembered that I was offered a job in Glasgow holding a stick for five hours on a Saturday for £40.00 :smile: I think it advertised the local meat market (no pun intended ) SO definitely opportunities out there. Just to expand on some of the earlier responses, I previously worked at HMV during the summer a few years back and was asked to submit a resume, the past few months I applied to McDOnalds where my friends dad is a supervisor and was asked to register on their website which basically allows you to submit a CV on their website.

-.-'
aww that's annoying, oh well, i guess i can always try something else
Reply 9
Original post by flyingd
i don't think we have any of those in burnley

-.-'
aww that's annoying, oh well, i guess i can always try something else
I hope you find something soon, whenever I was asked to complete an online form or template application, I just used all my CV related stuff and pasted it.
Reply 10
I hope you find something soon, whenever I was asked to complete an online form or template application, I just used all my CV related stuff and pasted it.

o.o i'm trying xD
Fast food resturants and care homes
Reply 12
Original post by loveleest

oh? they'll take me on temporarily?
hmm can't think up of any near where i am off the top of my head, but i guess it won't hurt to have a look.
Reply 13

...seriously? :zomg:

by care-homes do you mean residential homes for the elderly too?
Original post by flyingd
oh? they'll take me on temporarily?
hmm can't think up of any near where i am off the top of my head, but i guess it won't hurt to have a look.

Mcdonalds doesnt require one
Original post by Allie4
...seriously? :zomg:

by care-homes do you mean residential homes for the elderly too?

It depends. But I know two care home companies that only require to fill out an application form.
Reply 16
It depends. But I know two care home companies that only require to fill out an application form.

yep just being doing a bit of research right now and a lot of job sites are saying 'no experience necessary' for care home workers. Great! I have always wanted to work in one. thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!
I think if you considered making a CV it would open up your options. The information you put on say, Sainsburys forms is what you need to put in a CV anyway so...

There's plenty CV makers online and you're going to have to make a CV at one point anyway, why not do it now?
Original post by Allie4
yep just being doing a bit of research right now and a lot of job sites are saying 'no experience necessary' for care home workers. Great! I have always wanted to work in one. thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

You welcome hun. Just nake sure you find a carehome willing to pay for your training and dbs. Some don't but I believe most do :smile:

Quick Reply