The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We'll be dead in 60 years lol. Why do we care so much of something that will almost definitely not affrct our lifetime
Reply 2
Original post by I feel myself
We'll be dead in 60 years lol. Why do we care so much of something that will almost definitely not affrct our lifetime

what about your future children and grandchildren e.t.c? But even if you don't have any children, we still have a moral responsibility to not F*** up the lives of future generations.

Spoiler

Reply 3
ikr.
It's not good, no. As with all good politics though, the people doing the screwing up aren't the people who are going to be screwed.
Reply 5
Waits for the climate change deniers to pop in.
Original post by Inexorably
Waits for the climate change deniers to pop in.

I've not seen any in a long time which is almost a shame because it's one of the easiest arguments to win.

Err... I would be 83 in 60 yrs time. That isn't an inconceivable age (especially with better medicine advances in that 60 yrs) and I will be frail and old which is not exactly a good thing to be in an economic apocalypse. Unless I want my old age to be awful I need a strong economy and young people to look after me. At this rate I better pop a load of children and hope they defend me from the cannibal raiders.

Lots of people on here would be in their 70s.

Also if you have children or have any concern for the younger people that follow you forward that is very close.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
I've not seen any in a long time which is almost a shame because it's one of the easiest arguments to win.

Well thank God for that tbh :wink:
Puts things in perspective though.

Sure Labour might be imploding, but we will all be dead soon anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It won't be that bad, watch the drones turn into anti-global warming machines.
Original post by ckfeister
It won't be that bad, watch the drones turn into anti-global warming machines.

What.
Don't care, still want 4 kids. If people die I want my family to survive this.
The future.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The future.

Looks like somewhere I'd like to be on holiday, maybe climate change isn't so bad after all!
Looks like somewhere I'd like to be on holiday, maybe climate change isn't so bad after all!

Instead of "You blew us up" what would angry astronaut dude say? :beard:

Since that film is based on the cold war fears of nuclear Armageddon. Now we are all worried about climate change bringing forth the extinction of the species.

Ikr
[video="youtube;PF-ewPizZK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-ewPizZK0[/video]

Spoiler

Original post by saraxh
Ikr
[video="youtube;PF-ewPizZK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-ewPizZK0[/video]

Spoiler

Best log flume ever?
I was about to do a post on climate change.

It just feels more politically dead than ever. In the UK we've folded the department and I can barley see it get a mention in the US election and only then it's Trump saying it's invented by the Chinese?!

I can't help but feel it would take something demonstrably disastrous in order for us to take action.

Yea lol, screw our children man, those kids had it coming, them and their Pokemon Go and their silly internetz.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending