The Student Room Group

Would you say that these two ages are the same age group?

Would you say a 26 and 32 year old is the same age group? There's a single girl/woman who has no kids who is 32 and worries about 'hanging around' with me and my friends as she said that people will think she's too old to be going out etc. How old are the people in your age group?

Scroll to see replies

nahh, well, I mean...nah.
Reply 2
I'd consider 26 - 33 to be an age bracket. You only really start getting "old" at 34 :P
Reply 3
I'm 25 and have a few friends who are 30ish. 32 is maybe pushing it a bit, I can see why she'd be feeling a bit off about it but I don't think it's a big deal
Reply 4
As long as everyone is enjoying themselves, age shouldn't be a barrier:smile:
Nah, that's fine. I've hung out with people around that age.
Age is just a number :smile:
Original post by Another
I'd consider 26 - 33 to be an age bracket. You only really start getting "old" at 34 :P

Women officially become old at 35, because that's when their fertility falls off a cliff and nobody wants them any more.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Age is just a number :smile:

No, its not. Pretty much everyone below age of 25 (i.e. people who have not yet had a real job and real responsibilities) is an asshat who doesnt know anything yet.

Myself included. I was no different at that age.
Original post by Nightmare Abyss
No, its not. Pretty much everyone below age of 25 (i.e. people who have not yet had a real job and real responsibilities) is an asshat who doesnt know anything yet.

What lovely words. :no:
I would appreciate if you kept your opinions to yourself. Thank you. :biggrin:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
What lovely words. :no:
I would appreciate if you kept your opinions to yourself. Thank you. :biggrin:

keep my opinions to myself?.....Well congrats, on saying quite literally the most hypocritical thing you could have said.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you say a 26 and 32 year old is the same age group? There's a single girl/woman who has no kids who is 32 and worries about 'hanging around' with me and my friends as she said that people will think she's too old to be going out etc. How old are the people in your age group?

No. you're pretty much the same age as her.

Easiest way to figure out if she's too old though is to ask her what tv shows she watched as a kid - from like age 8 to age 16. If it was pretty much same shows as you and your friends then you should have enough in common age wise.
keep my opinions to myself?.....Well congrats, on saying quite literally the most hypocritical thing you could have said.

Whatever, I didn't ask for you to sit there and send me your thoughts, I said what I wanted, and am allowed to say, so deal with it, and bye. Have a nice day. :h:

HA! Funny because my mum was a social worker, with 2 kids and a mortgage all at 23.

I know people under 25 who have their own house and a job. Just because you don't have a real job or real responsibilities does not mean you lump everyone in your category.

I'm 20 and I have a real job that I've worked hard to get and I pay my own bills, oh look a real job and real responsibilities. Before you go spouting away too, just because I've not gone to university or got a degree does not make my job any less of a real job.

26-32 is fine to me, especially if it's friends :smile:
Original post by bethwalker85
HA! Funny because my mum was a social worker, with 2 kids and a mortgage all at 23.

I know people under 25 who have their own house and a job. Just because you don't have a real job or real responsibilities does not mean you lump everyone in your category.

I'm 20 and I have a real job that I've worked hard to get and I pay my own bills, oh look a real job and real responsibilities. Before you go spouting away too, just because I've not gone to university or got a degree does not make my job any less of a real job.

26-32 is fine to me, especially if it's friends :smile:

Lols someone obvs has a chip on their shoulder....

...."its ok Beth, I see you. I recognise what you're going through, and you are valued and appreciated"

Anyway, back to reality:

- I clearly said my comment was with respect to people who have not had any real responsibility in their lives. "Pretty much everyone under the age of 25" is just a catch-all description for this group of people

- Your mother grew up in a time when people were expected to take responsibility at a younger age, so if I had made same comment at time when your mum was 23 I likely would have said anyone under the age 18 say (instead of 25)
Mate im 21 and have friends in uni who are like 40....
Lols someone obvs has a chip on their shoulder....

...."its ok Beth, I see you. I recognise what you're going through, and you are valued and appreciated"

Anyway, back to reality:

- I clearly said my comment was with respect to people who have not had any real responsibility in their lives. "Pretty much everyone under the age of 25" is just a catch-all description for this group of people

- Your mother grew up in a time when people were expected to take responsibility at a younger age, so if I had made same comment at time when your mum was 23 I likely would have said anyone under the age 18 say (instead of 25)

I think it's you that has the chip on their shoulder and your comment displayed no terms of respect for anybody.
Original post by bethwalker85
I think it's you that has the chip on their shoulder and your comment displayed no terms of respect for anybody.

Opinions are like assh*les.....everyone has one and they all smell like sh*t :smile:
Women officially become old at 35, because that's when their fertility falls off a cliff and nobody wants them any more.

So people spend 60 years of their life being old lol. My cousin is in her 40's, is very into keeping fit/body 'sculpting' and men chase her like wildfire.
Reply 19
32 is not old! I mean if she doesn't look 40, then hanging with 26 is OK. I bet you can't tell the age right away.
I know this girl who's 29, dating a guy who is 23. I wouldn't say they look weird or anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending