The Student Room Group

How would you feel if all EU nationals returning from Syria were interned?

Say a camp similar to how Guantanamo works?

Instead of electronic tagging for ISIS sympathizers and open prison like in France, instead an EU terror suspect that abandons his home country and goes missing for 12 months in Syria then returns home from Turkey/Iraq would not be allowed residence back in the EU.

Instead he/she would be sent to an internment camp hundreds of miles away where they can not infiltrate back into society, this procedure could last until terrorism dies down and these people can be delt with (being eased back into their home country under surveillance, away from radical Mosques and Imams).
They should have their citizenship stripped and be blocked from ever coming back into the country. If they were so keen to run off to Syria and join ISIS then that's where they can stay.
Original post by remiremi

Instead of electronic tagging for ISIS sympathizers and open prison like in France, instead an EU terror suspect that abandons his home country and goes missing for 12 months in Syria then returns home from Turkey/Iraq would not be allowed residence back in the EU.

Instead he/she would be sent to an internment camp hundreds of miles away where they can not infiltrate back into society, this procedure could last until terrorism dies down and these people can be delt with (being eased back into their home country under surveillance, away from radical Mosques and Imams).

We tend to have the rule of law here, so such a thing wouldnt happen. People that return to this country and are known about will be questioned, charged , tried and jailed.
Original post by TheTechN1304
They should have their citizenship stripped and be blocked from ever coming back into the country. If they were so keen to run off to Syria and join ISIS then that's where they can stay.

Ditto.

Why on earth we'd allow them back is beyond me. "Hi Bin Laden, sure come on in, door's open"
Original post by remiremi

I would support it
I would go further than that, bring back treason and capital punishment.
Reply 6
I would support it. But firstly there would be questioning why he went to Syria and what did he there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending