The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
UCAS receive the A level results from exam boards by August 11th.

They match them to applications over the next day or so.

Track will be suspended at 2pm on August 12th

Universities will have the results by 9pm August 12th.

It will take overnight for universities to load those results into their systems and produce the reports for people managing confirmation to run through. So university staff are likely to be working on the Saturday/Sunday before results day.

Every. Single. Confirmation Decision. Is done MANUALLY. A person at a university will sit there with your results alongside your offer conditions and will flag whether you've met your offer (accept), missed by miles (reject/pool for other courses), missed a bit (put into near miss pile for consideration once university/department/faculty situation is understood).

This is usually done by the end of Monday - then near miss decisions will be made.

Those decisions then get input onto the university applications system.

Someone else will cross check them.

Finally they'll be exported/sent to UCAS.

If they're with UCAS by 6pm Wednesday then they'll show up on Track on Thursday morning.

That was fear-inducing to read. :tongue:

Original post by Peppercrunch
what the heck are you talking about :colonhash:?

They're only sent to you if you ticked the box when you first applied - something about marketing or promotions?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hey mate, which course have you applied for? Was it maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh maths !
I've managed to keep myself quite calm up until this point, but now I can feel the nerves starting to kick in.
Guys I wanna ask a question. So my uni and course are in the clearing 2016 list atm - UEA (Law with American Law). Requirements are 3 As, but if I get AAB or ABB worst case scenario would I still be accepted into the course considering its on the clearing list?
Original post by vik1234
Guys I wanna ask a question. So my uni and course are in the clearing 2016 list atm - UEA (Law with American Law). Requirements are 3 As, but if I get AAB or ABB worst case scenario would I still be accepted into the course considering its on the clearing list?

Very likely you'll still get in :biggrin:
Original post by emiloujess
That was fear-inducing to read. :tongue:

They're only sent to you if you ticked the box when you first applied - something about marketing or promotions?

Was it from UCAS Media or something? I stopped getting those a while back as I opted out.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Was it from UCAS Media or something? I stopped getting those a while back as I opted out.

I didn't get it but on Track there's an opt-in/out for promotions so I'm guessing it's from that.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I've managed to keep myself quite calm up until this point, but now I can feel the nerves starting to kick in.

It seems so close now ; I'm so terrified as usually I know what to expect from my results but this year I'm really really unsure about how I've done :/
Original post by fefssdf
It seems so close now ; I'm so terrified as usually I know what to expect from my results but this year I'm really really unsure about how I've done :/

I know, these are the big ones as well, possibly the biggest results we will ever receive in terms of career direction, in our entire lives. Whatever happens- Good luck. :smile:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I know, these are the big ones as well, possibly the biggest results we will ever receive in terms of career direction, in our entire lives. Whatever happens- Good luck. :smile:

Yh man hope it goes well for you :smile:
For some reason the nerves for results day only started to kick in for me today... :x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Very likely you'll still get in :biggrin:

Thank God I am soo scared atm like legit having results day nightmares
Original post by Aph
You know if you get the grades you can ask imperial to switch and defer your application?

I've asked them before if it was possible and they have said it's highly unlikely to switch between departments and would require me to be reinterviewed at the very least. So I might as well just reapply since I've got my gap year sorted anyway. Plus, I do want another crack at Cambridge after being rejected after interview. :sad::biggrin:
3 weeks b1tches
Original post by AmyPilot
Crazy offer but I wish you good luck for results day and beyond! Yes I am at uni - just finished my second year with 2 more left to go.

Thanks so much! Is it bad that I don't really feel nervous at all? :redface: Tho, that might just be cos I'm on holiday more than anything :biggrin: woo good luck in your 3rd year at uni!! What are you studying?
Omg, someone is excited 🙊 I don't do countdowns anymore LOL I don't wanna be reminded everyday of my life😁
Reply 1376
Original post by NeverLucky
I've asked them before if it was possible and they have said it's highly unlikely to switch between departments and would require me to be reinterviewed at the very least. So I might as well just reapply since I've got my gap year sorted anyway. Plus, I do want another crack at Cambridge after being rejected after interview. :sad::biggrin:

They are different departments??
And ahh well. That makes sense.
Original post by Aph
They are different departments??
And ahh well. That makes sense.

Yeah, there's actually very little Chemistry in Chemical Engineering. Chemistry is in the Natural Science department whereas Chemical Engineering is in the Engineering department.
I thought I read somewhere that Universities may email you before the 18th to inform you if you have been successful or not. Can anybody confirm this or is the 18th the first time you can get your results?
Original post by scottagunning_
I thought I read somewhere that Universities may email you before the 18th to inform you if you have been successful or not. Can anybody confirm this or is the 18th the first time you can get your results?

The 18th is the earliest you can get your results, as far as I know. Some students will know whether they've got in earlier, but that'll be because they sat the IB or another qualification, with an earlier results day. Universities do have access to our results from Sunday 14th August but they're not allowed to communicate anything before results day.

Quick Reply

Latest