The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ive never carried a handbag. I carry my phone in one of my pockets and car keys in the other. I don't know why most women carry them either, just because they think they are supposed to I suppose.
I always have a small umbrella since you can't trust British weather.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I always have a small umbrella since you can't trust British weather.

I usually have a hood :tongue:
Original post by indigofox
I usually have a hood :tongue:

Umbrellas are better though. :smile:
Reply 44
To carry my Balls.
I carry a lot tbh. Tissues, keys, gum, money, sanitary products, lip balm, earphones, hair ties, hair pins
Original post by T-Raw
Why do they need them? What could they really need that men dont need. I looked in my GFs bag all she had was her purse and a few sticks of gum.
Posted from TSR Mobile

to carry my makeup-kit and my mobile
Original post by ethelcurtis
to carry my makeup-kit and my mobile

Thread has been inactive for 1 year...
Maybe because women pockets (whether that's trousers or jackets) are small? You can't put anything in them pockets so it makes sense they carry a handbag to put stuff in tbh.
It baffles me how men can just the house with their wallet, phone and keys and be fine.

In my bag, I have my purse which has coins, notes and cards, my phone, a bottle of water, carrier bags in case I go to the shop, a hairbrush, some perfume, various painkillers/tampons/towels, hand wipes in case I eat while I'm out, pen and a notebook, portable phone charger, actual phone charger..

And it's not even as if I don't use these things either.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It baffles me how men can just the house with their wallet, phone and keys and be fine.

In my bag, I have my purse which has coins, notes and cards, my phone, a bottle of water, carrier bags in case I go to the shop, a hairbrush, some perfume, various painkillers/tampons/towels, hand wipes in case I eat while I'm out, pen and a notebook, portable phone charger, actual phone charger..

And it's not even as if I don't use these things either.

I don’t need most that stuff if I’m goimg to buy a sausage roll.
Reply 51
I haven't cleared out my bag since I was about 13 so I don't know what's in there but I know I can't keep it in my clothes - either there aren't any pockets or the pockets are like 25% of the size of stuff in the men's section
Original post by mr T 999
Maybe because women pockets (whether that's trousers or jackets) are small?

Pockets in women's garments used to be illegal. Fashion places haven't quite recovered from that yet, so still make pockets just for show.
Original post by Drewski
Pockets in women's garments used to be illegal. Fashion places haven't quite recovered from that yet, so still make pockets just for show.

Well pockets in women clothes is no longer illegal so I don't see why fashion companies don't make bigger pockets tbh.
Original post by PurpleSquid

also girls that wear dresses/skirts won't have pockets anyway*

I know this is an old thread but I've got a dress from white stuff which has pockets you can fit a curly wurly into

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I usually carry makeup, tampons, baby wipes, gum, my purse, hairbrush, my ID and perfume so I really do need to carry a bag
Don’t use handbags personally, I fail to see the point of what some women do where they spen thousands on what is basically a dyed piece of animal skin

Latest